• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you planning for your team?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • Now that the games are looming on us and now less than a month away, I decided to make this. Title literally says it all. How are you going to approach this game, teamwise?

I'm planning to try something which I haven't done in previous games, but should hopefully make the early game a breeze - take my starter - Popplio once more - as well as other Pokemon I plan to use, such as Magnemite and Zorua, and then trade them over to my Moon and teach them powerful moves. Don't be surprised if you see a Popplio with Surf or a Zorua with Dark Pulse by the first trial. I also want to try out Manectric as well, because it's a great special attacker and has a cool design.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a party this time around. Probably just gonna roll with whatever I happen to feel like as I go, maybe use the box legend when I get it if I have room.

Also need to decide which I'm going to use between Popplio or Litten.....

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I starting out Rowlet in Ultra Sun. Litten in Ultra Moon. I not much of a fan of Popplio line.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Going to use popplio again, aside from that idk. I doubt I'll go the route of my platinum LP and catch literally every single possible pokemon, at least not on my first playthrough.

Years
  • I know I'm going to have to have a different approach than my first initial run in Moon version. See, in Moon, I basically wanted my team to be mostly exclusively seventh generation Pokemon. Since I've already done that, I don't have any particular theme or goal in mind with my team and I might just go with the flow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Probably Popplio again since this is one of those rare generations where I only really like one starter. Or maybe a no starter run. I'll use Mantine maybe. 4 or 5 of my team will be Alolan exclusive pokemon I've never used before definitely.

Years
  • I want to use Pokemon that I haven't in any of my playthroughs of SuMo before. So I'll start with Popplio (my favorite starter), maybe use Rockruff, Mimikyu... I'm not sure about the others, but I do know I want it to be different.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Primarina and Lycanroc-Dusk are set slots on my team, but the second one depends on whether I can get US on time or not. I really don't know what to do with the other slots, maybe Lurantis and Dusk Mane Necrozma/Solgaleo because they look cool. I'll play blindly like I did last time.

Years
  • Well, my starter is once-again a no-brainer. I may actually also use the Dusk Lycanroc from the event, even if I already used a Midnight Lycanroc in Moon.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
    Years
  • I'm using either Litten or Rowlet this time around. and I'm also definetily using Golisopod or Ribombee. If i try to callenge myself, i will use Volcarona :P

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    When I played through Moon, I wanted a fresh experience where everything I tried was new and exploratory, I built my team as I went along through playing the game.
    If I get my hands on USM, I think I might try playing a team of pokemon carried over from my previous games. I kind of want to play with some of the special pokemon I acquired in OR and Moon, I was thinking it might be fun to play with the Cap Pikachu I got in Moon. I might also try to use one of my Legendary pokemon or something. Recently I've been wanting to use some Legendary Pokemon since normally they just always sit in my PC, got to show them a little love every once in a while.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Toxapex, Vikavolt, Dhelmise are definites, didn't get to use them in SM as much as I wanted to. I'll be choosing Litten as my starter which leaves two empty spaces for random team members depending on which Pokemon are available in USUSM.

Years
  • Incineroar for Ultra Sun, Decidueye for Ultra Moon. May or may not use the event Rockruff, but leaning towards not since Dusk Lycanroc is yet another pure Rock type and I'll only be using it in one version unless another evolution is suddenly revealed. The rest will depend on what Pokemon are added and how early/late certain Pokemon are available.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Oh yeah, so I've heard that our university is planning an ingame team tournament sometime after USUM come out, but they're pretty lax about it in that it's just the Pokemon you beat the game with, so there are no restrictions on items, natures and even EVs, so you can retrain your Pokemon specifically. Considering this, I might import some eggs from Moon that I know will contain certain nature, good IV Pokemon, hatch them in UM so there's no disobedience issues, trade them back to Moon to EV train them, and then finally back to UM again so I can finally use them. With that being said, making a balanced team will be more important, and I'll also need a Necrozma killer.

I might make my team based on this, to be honest. However, my starter is still going to be Primarina and nothing will make me change my mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Hmmmmm....TBH. I'm not sure around this time. My team will obviously be a mix, but Decidueye will definitely be on my team this time around. I used Popplio for sun and Litten for moon. So...it makes sense to use Decidueye next! Will probably experiment with new types this time around.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Every gen, I make an effort to only use Pokemon introduced in that particular gen. I might do that again this time.

Playing through both Sun and Moon, I had my chance to use all 3 starters (Popplio in Sun, Rowlet and Litten in Moon), so I'm not too sure which one I'll pick this time around. Maybe Popplio again since I like it the most. I always use the box legend, so that's 2 slots for sure. The rest will most likely just be Alolan Pokemon I haven't used yet in Sun or Moon, like Golisopod or Tsareena. I'm also getting both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, so I'll most likely do this twice. As for which version will be my "main" version, that's another question lol.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'm thinking of kicking the "All starter team" idea and having a team of:

Litten
    Larvitar
    Mimikyu
    Pikachu
    Rockruff
    Zorua

Back