• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

East Or West?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
  • 422-e.png
    422.png

So based on the pokemon above, which Shellos are you? Are you a very pink western, or a blue eastern? Does it even matter to you which Shellos are you?

As for me, I'm a very pink western Shellos. I don't know why; the blue eastern never appealed to me at all. I don't know, it just looks different.

Years
  • I prefer East Sea Shellos, because West Sea looks like it got a haircut from the Grim Reaper. (I know it doesn't have hair, but who's ever heard of a slimecut?)

Years
  • West! It's pink, and the rock formation in the shape of a helmet. It's such as great design!

423.gif

I am hoping ORAS will have north and south, based off the beta design intended for the original ruby sapphire series.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • West! Pink is my favourite colour so it's a bit of a no-brainer for me. Besides, the blue ones made my heart stop when I saw them the first time, thinking I'd found a shiny for a moment, since I'd seen the pink ones first. So I resent them a little for that. :'(

Years
  • OMG I love that you made this thread lol :)

shellos-east.gif
    gastrodon-east.gif

Anyways... EAST!!!! haha :) Green and yellow are two of my favourite colours so I love that they're prominent in the East Sea design, and I also just prefer the design overall - look at the way their ears are flopping about!! Ah so cute haha. Plus... look into the eyes of that Shellos and tell me it ain't the cutest thing you've ever seen haha, it just looks so happy xD In case it wasn't obvious I just love this Pokémon haha, one of the best things to come out of the 4th generation (for me) :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I am neither shellos I am human

I like the blue shellos better, but when they evolve I actually prefer pink gastrodon because of that helmet

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm personally more fond of pink one; it seems better overall, haha. Also, it would be pretty cool to see north and south designs in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (or at some other point in near future), as Fenneking mentioned! Not exactly sure what colors they could possibly go with, though. Yellow and red, maybe? Though, those wouldn't make them look so distinct, as their shades would more or less be resembling each other and whatnot, I imagine.

Years
  • shellos-east.gif
    gastrodon-east.gif

No brainer here. Blue is my fave color which makes a logical sense why I prefer the East Sea variant of Shellos and Gastrodon. The West Sea ones just look very odd in terms of what's on their head.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The pink western ones. The head shape is slightly more appealing to me, and the blue eastern ones look like they're sick.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm assuming that the Eastern Sea Shellos is the blue one (can't tell since I'm color blind), but if it's the one with the two wavy things on its head, then that's the one I prefer. I very much agree with The Dark Avenger though, as I'd love to see new Shellos/Gastrodon formes show up in Hoenn. I guess even if we got the East/West sea variants I'd be okay with it, as it'd be a nice nod to the fact that they were planned for the 3rd generation games in the first place.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    North and South Shellos coming next, then? :)

I'm no Shellos myself. But I think I prefer Eastern Shellos with its wobbly things on the head rather than the... flowerthingy on the pink one's.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • It's very interesting to see what everyone thinks about Shellos because they are awesome! So hopefully a north and a south Shellos is interesting ;) Green is so my favorite color and pink is my worse, but Shellos defies that logic in me. Oh well...

Back