• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you buying BDSP?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Will you buy BDSP on release, wait until later to buy, or not at all? What's influencing your decision?

I will either preorder it or not buy it at all. What influences my decision will be how similar to the original games they will be. If they're exactly the same with only quality of life improvements, then I'll lean more towards not buying it, because then I would just play the originals. That being said, if I'm super bored and still not doing a lot because of the pandemic and its long-lasting effects, then I'll lean more towards preordering. What about you?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I'll wait until I see it for 10% off, that will probably happen about 9 months after release.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    pretty firmly in the not at all camp.

really dislike the style, since they kept marketing as "faithful releases" I also wouldn't expect any or many newer features or other qol improvements.

When purchasing a remake or remaster the draw factor is, improved graphics, and maybe a few small changes that patch up issues from the original release. This has neither, yeah its 3-d but the graphics really feel like a downgrade imo.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    definitely getting one on release. i've been waiting for these for years.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    We don't know much about it yet, hoping for a good post game. But I definitely will!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'll likely buy on release since I would like to go through this region while the hype is greater (even if I don't really participate in the fandom at all I am here at least hahah). Though haven't decided yet if I'm going to just go ahead and grab both or just one this time around. I'm thinking one since I haven't played by other copies of the other games I picked up quite yet even though I had fully intended on doing challenge runs on them it's... ultimately not that necessary to have both versions if you can just replay the game on a different profile. :T

Dr.GameboyRetro

Dr.GameboyRetro
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'll wait till all the information for it is out. I'm not excited to plat a remaster honestly. Not saying it'll be bad but if there aren't enough additions to it, I won't be interested.

Years
  • Honestly? Not sure. I think I need to see more. I recently played through Diamond again, and it just holds up so well (besides speed, but Platinum improves on that). I'll probably get it eventually, but maybe not at launch.

Years
  • I will either preorder it or not buy it at all. What influences my decision will be how similar to the original games they will be. If they're exactly the same with only quality of life improvements, then I'll lean more towards not buying it, because then I would just play the originals. That being said, if I'm super bored and still not doing a lot because of the pandemic and its long-lasting effects, then I'll lean more towards preordering. What about you?

I definitely understand - this is a valid reason. You're within your right only to buy if the games are unique enough, and others online say similar things!

Personally, I'll probably get it. Still a huge Pokémon fan and it would be awesome to experience the games in a modern UI that isn't as horrendously slow as the original DP. Not sure I could replay those unless it's on fast forward. @_@

Years
  • After Sword and Shield, and the Let's Go games before it, I've been on the fence with these remakes. I'd really like to see more information before I even consider getting either one, since even the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire added some new things.

Years
  • it's likely! getting bored with SwSh again somewhat and i'd really like something new. :o even if it is a remake of something old!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    So far I'm interested. I leaning towards, yes I will buy it. I'll wait until after it comes out though to get the full info on it. Also I'm excited to see a different studio working on a main series game so that entices me a bit.

Years
  • So far I'm interested. I leaning towards, yes I will buy it. I'll wait until after it comes out though to get the full info on it. Also I'm excited to see a different studio working on a main series game so that entices me a bit.

Yeah, this is a big curiosity for me too! Wonder how it'll affect the series going forward.

Either way I love Pokémon too much not to buy on release, lol. Otherwise I start feeling really left out while everyone I know plays/talks about it.

Years
  • I...don't know. I really want the national dex for this game, but it's highly unlikely. I want this game, but I want to wait for more details on BDSP before making an informed decision.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2021
    Judging from the trailer we have so far, I would have to say no. There doesn't seem to be enough new content. Still, I'll have to wait for another trailer to come out before officially deciding whether to buy or not.

Years
  • No, but it's not because I'm not excited for them, it's only because I don't have enough money. 😔

Back