• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Box Legendary

which box legend is the best

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    This was super difficult! I love Xerneas, Reshiram, and Palkia so much, however, I chose the ruler of the distortion world, Giratina! I've just always loved Giratina's intricate design as well as its typing. It truly stands out amongst legendaries.

Giratina-Ataque-80199.gif

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm going to choose Ho-Oh, because it is love in all forms. But I'm doing my boy Xerneas a misdeed and I know it.

Years
  • Rayquaza's my favorite legendary Pokemon, so it gets my vote. Lugia and Kyogre are up there too, and I find the more recent the game, the less interested I seem to be in the legendaries.

the sloth

is loafing around
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    I usually don't really care about box legendaries, especially when the story shoves them in your face or forces you to catch them... yet, despite that, I'd have to say Lunala is my favorite. A really cosmic and appealing design, and to me is the "canon" evolution of Nebby. A Pokemon that evolves into the box legendary is something pretty unique that hasn't been done since, so I have to give it credit for that. Necrozma is a runner-up for being a badass boss of a Pokemon in a similar vein as Black/White Kyurem from B2W2 with one of the most awesome battle themes to boot, but I'm lowkey salty Necrozma's endgame in USUM ruined Lusamine's character :(

Years
  • honestly for me it was a tie between Kyogre and Giratina and I picked the former on a whim but i like both box legendaries equally.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I would have gone for Rayquaza, but Giratina is my personal favourite and it saved the universe from Cyrus, so it does have an impact on me apart from nostalgia, of course. But honestly, I am surprised to not see Ray lead the way! It's got a good theme, an awesome mega, and the Deoxys matters. Oh, it's also responsible to have stopped Groudon and Kyogre from fighting, so there you go, a bunch of reasons to vote for Rayquaza. But I went for Giratina anyway

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think Zekrom is my fave. I remember being pretty bummed when I played Black that I wouldn't get it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Idk, I just think Blastoise is the best boxart legendary. It just is.

Fine...it's Kyogre. Gen 3 Kyogre to be specific. Because nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Rayquaza. It's my favorite Legendary (I always want to say he for some reason).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Giratina, those who have been here loooooong ago would remember my obsession with them till I created a trading thread called the Distortion World hah.

Back