• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Rater

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Short and punchy. Has an intense vibe. 8.5/10

I struggled with Mismagius nicknaming last time. All I got was Malady.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Why, doesn't that sound like a pair of maracas? xD 10/10

Meet Lifebuoy, my trusty Floatzel who has saved me a couple of times from drowning in losses.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Believe it or not, that's something I would name my Rayquaza too, haha. It totally reminds me of Greygnarl from Dragon Quest IX! ^^ 10/10

How does Beethoven sound as a nickname for Chatot? It's not exactly a serious name, but my Chatot produces quality music. :D *cough*

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
It's perfectly fitting! 10/10

Since Lapras is based on the Loch Ness Monster, I decided to name my female Lapras Vanessa.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Shupsterz ha? That sounds quite a cute name for a Shuppet. Your rating : 8/10
I named my Victini PYROMONSTER, because its a fire type legendary, so 'pyro' seems fit, but i named it a PYRO'MONSTER' because i usually name pokemons contary to their looks.

Runiel

I am male
Years
PYROMONSTER is not that bad, i would give it a 7.2/10 because it's all caps, and caps hurt my eyes.
I named my new Delphox as "Wanda"
I guess It's a pretty Generic name for a Witch and or Wizard, The Avengers Movie's character is named Wanda too, so, that might be a reason too.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Swordguard is a good name, and nice logic too. Rating : 8.7/10.
I called my Psyduck Donald(hehe, because Donald's my favourite Disney character)

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
7/10
Nice nickname for a Psyduck, for a Golduck however, it doesn't fit too well. Still a good nickname though.

I always name my Torterra's Tenrou. For those that don't understand the reference, Tenrou Island is a massive landmass in an anime called Fairy Tail, with a Huge tree and a Mountainous region, much like Torterra's design, hence why I always name them Tenrou.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
7/10
Nice nickname for a Psyduck, for a Golduck however, it doesn't fit too well. Still a good nickname though.

I always name my Torterra's Tenrou. For those that don't understand the reference, Tenrou Island is a massive landmass in an anime called Fairy Tail, with a Huge tree and a Mountainous region, much like Torterra's design, hence why I always name them Tenrou.

It sounds like a great name! I really like it, and you caught me with Fairy tail, so 10/10.

While I played pokemon Y, I wanted all my pokemon to have cool nickanames (now with me doing lots of challenges, giving names seems ordinary)
I named my Aegislash Blackfyre, after the sword houses Targaryan and Blackfyre from George R.R. Martin's "A song of ice and fire" used to have. I think that other than the fact this name sounds cool, it can fit a shiny Aegislash since it's black and red.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Excellent name. 10/10. Shiny Aegislash is one of the coolest looking Pokemon in existence and is definitely one of the more badass mons of the 6th gen. I love the literature reference that you used to name your Aegislash.

My starter Blaziken in Alpha Sapphire's old IGN used to be "Kenshiro" but considering my recent change of tastes lately (while i still like Fist of the North star), I decided to rename my partner in crime into a more fitting name:

Murdercock.

Oh why such a name? Well He's my starter mon. Blaziken doesn't like messing around. If Blaziken was in Mortal Kombat, he could definitely body some goons around. I remember how my starter got his Mega stone and started to body a lot of trainers left and right. And Blaziken's torchic line is based from chickens, with "cock" being the male of any bird species.

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
Well...considering how powerful Blaziken is, as well as the animal it is based around, the name certainly fits. 10/10

Here's quite a personal one for me.
Scarlett the Latias.

The story behind this name is kinda long so I'll put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
That's a pretty touching and heartwarming story. I remember naming my own Latias with something that sounds like "Scarlett" but with only one T so i give that name a 10/10 for great justice

Spoiler:

I have this habit of always catching a female raltz with the high hopes of raising her into a Gardevoir in every pokemon game that has Raltz in the wild. And since Gardevoir is one of my favorite mons ever, i give her a name that reminds me of other female characters. In my Alpha Sapphire team, along with "Murdercock" (formely known as Kenshiro) I gave my female raltz (which grew into a Gardevoir) the name Alia. While yes, Alia may remind some people of the Megaman X supporting character, it was more for the personality that Alia has which reminded me of a female Gardevoir, being dutiful, setting personal feelings aside to carry out orders and duties, and most importantly, caring deeply for others, especially her Master (me). I also read on the trivia about how the Megaman characters are named and just found out that "Alia" is most likely play on the word "Aria", meaning a solo performance in an opera.

This is what i imagined when i was naming my female Gardevoir:
Pn7vvJg.jpg

A Gardevoir, having a solo performance in the moonlight opera, singing about the lunar light. Performing her Aria. If I was in the middle of the night travelling in my own little adventure trip, if I heard a Gardevoir sing, I'd listen to it.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Yes, Alia is a fitting and lovely name for a Gardevoir. 9/10

How about my Treecko named Timmy from when I was 10?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
THIS THREAD NEEDS TO LIVE! LIVE I TELL YOU!

8/10 mainly since it could have been a Fairly Odd parents reference but I don't think that show existed when we were at that age amirite? :O

(inb4 this will probably my crappiest named Pokemon for quite a while)
So in my Pokemon White 2 file, in my main team, I have a Male Cinccino that i named "Grey". I named it Grey for a couple of reasons 1) Its colored Gray, and Grey and Gray are homophones, 2) It has Tail Slap and Wake Up Slap in its moveset, 3) Skill Link baby! that means a full on Tail Slapping and Rock Blasting, just like how it was in the... I think I'll stop from there. At least i didn't name it "Christian" else that's an even more obvious reference.

Back