• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you buying BDSP?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The more time has passed the more i'm just not feelin' it. ;/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    No plans currently to buy it since its only on Switch. I want to see if I like Arceus before buying more Switch titles.

Years
  • i wanted to buy it on release, but then I changed my mind. I mean, there are many things I don't like about those remakes. I am pretty angry tbh, but anyway the only reason why i would buy them it's because it's gen 4. the original games are my fav ones, so I am obviously excited to play them again in a "newer" game, but idk, i will probably buy them later. I ll buy sword first, then legends arceus and then maybe the remakes. the point is that those remakes look more like spin-offs. They just don't convince me at all

B+

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Despite gen 4 being my favorite generation, probably not.

Mainly because I'm playing through Platinum right now for fan game research, after not playing it for probably over 10 years. If I ever have an itch to take a Gliscor into online battles, then maybe. But right now, I'm just not feeling it.

TheFandomPerson

Overgrown Emo Kid
    Years
  • I didn't wait all those years to not get the Sinnoh remakes when they finally drop! I would've preferred the art style of SwSh, but can I really complain when we're finally getting a not-slow Sinnoh?

Years
  • I agree and I think that for now, for what we know about those games, pokémon platinum may be a better game tbh lol

I think Platinum is definetly going to be better than these two could be. I think a big draw is being able to play it on your TV with friends/family around. The graphics aren't even a big reason to purchase because of how divisive they are. I need to see them in action more before I make a decision.

Years
  • I think Platinum is definetly going to be better than these two could be. I think a big draw is being able to play it on your TV with friends/family around. The graphics aren't even a big reason to purchase because of how divisive they are. I need to see them in action more before I make a decision.

Exactly! Maybe the other cool feature may be the fact that we will be able to play online with everyone. In 2006 almost nobody had internet or wifi...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes. And I'm pretty sure this will be my last Pokémon game. Unless I decide to buy the Arceus game as well.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Absolutely!!

I adore the style, and think it's a marvelous idea for a remake!
    Almost wish they'd remake HGSS in the same style also~

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Currently I'm thinking of not buying it. But if the metascore and user reviews are great then maybe I'll change my mind. The graphics are a big minus for me, because I personally prefer how Sword and Shield looks.

asuraflameheart

Fire Breather
    Years
  • Will you buy BDSP on release, wait until later to buy, or not at all? What's influencing your decision?

I am surely buying it. It might not in its final graphic (which i saw from their footage) it is giving me a sense of the gen 4 touch, it is suprised me, i thought it will be like SwSh style, but the mini Lucas and Dawn are great. It is simply because it is in chibi model i feel like playing DPPt on Switch Console. Whatever reason, it is a remake, and i prefer BDSP rather than Legend of Arceus

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'll probably buy it! I loved Gen 4 and it is what got me into Pokemon properly so it'd be fun to revisit and see how the remakes are. Maybe I'll try Shining Pearl this time around as I've already played Diamond. I also barely ever use my Switch so its just been collecting dust and this could be a fun way to get back into it :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    From what I've seen its the same game as the original but with a Switch title price tag. As it stands I probably won't buy it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Currently, no. There has to be something new for me to even consider it. Especially if it won't even be able to connection to Sword and Shield.

The graphics are barely different from the original. Probably worse honestly. And doesn't even beat Kalos graphics.
    The wind of toy like models I don't like.
    Currently there is nothing new. I'd be buying the same game for double the price.
    The question if there is even connectivity between the games.
    The price for a barely different game.
    Legends: Arceus comes out 2 months after and it is SInnoh and probably would have far more story than a redone game with nothing new.

I have defended Pokemon a lot, this I will not defend them for if there is literally nothing new.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    I probably will even in spite of the graphics, I just love Sinnoh a lot and have been itching for it's remake. At the same time i'm really hoping it'll get some improvements before then

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Most likely not. I'm strongly debating whether I'll even get Gen VIII let alone a remake that doesn't seem that promising to me.

Maybe I'll warm up to the idea after the game gets released and we have more comprehensive reviews but I find it unlikely.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Yeah I will be buying because at least gimmicks like Megas won't be in it

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm pretty sure I will because I don't own any of the original gen 4 games. Not entirely sure when though, but most likely will end up playing them over the winter holidays at the latest. I'm actually looking forward to playing a retro style Sinnoh game before delving into Legends, since I'm not very familiar with the region.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Despite my interest in the games, I'm not going to be buying them right on release day. It really depends on how much time I have to play video games in November. Also, I'll have to unbury my Switch from the bottom of my closet before then.

Since I haven't touched a Pokemon game since Sun/Moon, so I'm not jaded yet by the franchise. I'm also not bothered by the games possibly bringing nothing new to the experience. Really, I'd just like to experience Sinnoh again in a way that can connect with others.

Back