• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Discussions Section: 'Who's that Pokémon?' - Come join the fun!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you like Pokémon?
Do you enjoy guessing things?
Do you love looking at 30x30 magnified pictures of randomly generated Pokémon for no real gain or purpose?

If you answered "yes" to any or all of the above questions then make sure you head over to Pokémon Trivia and check out our weekly "Who's that Pokémon?" competition! Each week a random Pokémon will be chosen to have a 30x30 px section taken from it and magnified 8x, forming a clue with which to guess the Pokémon from! More details are in the thread so come on over for some fun and maybe win some emblems whilst you make new friends!

I'll post in this thread each time a new (weekly) edition comes out, but feel free to chat about the contest and ask any questions/feedback in here if you wish to!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi guys, week's 4 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

395.png

Empoleon!

Several people now have 4 wins in a row, so let's see if they can make it to 5... This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi guys, week's 5 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

297.png

Hariyama!

We had a lot of winners this week and we also had a lot of Trapinch fans with a final count of 7 Trapinch guesses! This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi guys, week's 6 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

696.png

Tyrunt!

Only around half of this week's guesses were correct but we still have several people with a 100% guess rate so far, so keep it up! This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Hi, everyone! From now on, I'm the new host of "Who's That Pokémon," and I hope I can make it a super-fun experience for you guys just like Squirrel did! :D

I noticed that Weeks 8, 9, and 10 saw a slight decline in activity (presumably due to their difficulty), so I tried making Week 11's puzzle as reasonable as possible to renew the interest! As time goes by, I'll gradually adjust the difficulty based on the feedback I receive, so hopefully my future puzzles will be just right for as many participants as possible! ^^

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact me or discuss them in this thread or the contest thread (linked below)!

Until then, see ya later guys, and good luck with Week 11's puzzle! (:

- Revise

Meadow

Years
Hi again, everyone! It's time for another news update regarding our weekly "Who's That Pokémon" contest! To start things off, the answer to last week's contest was...

Y4ry4gK.png

Grotle!

It was really cool to see so many answers coming in last week, and a lot of them were correct, too! I may have already said this in the contest thread, but I was actually a tiny bit nervous at the beginning since it was my first time hosting, but I ended up having lots of fun replying to everyone's PMs and all that good stuff! Again, I really want to thank everyone who participated for making me feel so comfortable, and I hope you had a super enjoyable experience just like I did! ♥

Now let me talk about the difficulty of our future contests. It was generally accepted by many that Week 11's puzzle was an easy one, and there are a couple of people who have requested for the puzzles to be harder in the future. To address this request, I will try my best to gradually step up the difficulty starting with Week 13. However, I won't make it too difficult like Weeks 8, 9, and 10, because I don't want the activity to drop again like it did during those weeks. The goal is to make it as reasonable as possible — not too strikingly obvious, but not too insanely difficult (to the point where you have to constantly stare at the Dream World art for hours and hours) either.

I would love to hear feedback from you guys! If you aren't satisfied with the difficulty of a puzzle, let me know, and I'll be glad to hear you out! I'm aware that not everyone is comfortable speaking out, so I might add a poll to Week 13's puzzle and see how it turns out!

Anyway, that should conclude today's news update! See y'all later, everyone! Until then, good luck with Week 12's puzzle! (Linked below!)

Have fun! ♥

- Revise

(P.S. I tried making Week 12 around the same difficulty as Week 11, just to get a good idea of the contest's general activity level, so the adjustments should be starting next week!)

Meadow

Years
Hi guys! This will be a relatively quick announcement, but I just wanna let you all know that I plan on making a "special" puzzle for Week 20, similar to how Squirrel made Week 10 the Shiny week. Nothing is final yet, so I'd love to hear suggestions from you guys! There's a possibility that I might end up making it another shiny week, but that definitely isn't a firm decision right now, especially since there are a few people who didn't like clues taken from sprites.

I'll keep you guys up to date once I start getting things planned. If you have any cool ideas, be sure to let me know! Until then, you still have a couple days left to submit your final answers for Week 16's puzzle (linked below).

Good luck everyone, and thanks so much for bearing with me up until now! ♥

- Revise

Meadow

Years
Hi, everyone! After discussing this through over the past couple of weeks, I am just confirming that the special week planned for Week 20 will definitely be a "Sugimori Week."

For those of you who aren't aware, the main difference with this "Sugimori Week" is that the clue will be taken from Ken Sugimori's artwork (found here), instead of the Dream World art that we've been using up until now. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope it'll be a refreshing experience for all of you!

Be sure to stay tuned for Sugimori Week, which will be starting this Sunday! In the meantime, you still have 3 more days to solve Week 19's puzzle (which I linked below), so I wish you the best of luck! ^^

Peace out!

- Revise

Meadow

Years
Hi guys, I've got a pretty big announcement for all of you! I've been planning this for quite some time already, but now I feel confident enough to bring this out to the table!

Starting with Week 21 of "Who's That Pokémon" (which should be coming tomorrow night or Sunday morning), I'll be utilizing a completely new format, and I also have plans to revamp the current system. Listed below is an outline of all the changes/tweaks that I have planned so far:

• New CSS (I'm definitely no expert at CSS, but I'll try my best at it, haha.)

• New point system based on the participants' correct guesses (past puzzles apply)
    • The more points you get, the faster you can earn your WTP emblems (most notably the 10-point and 20-point emblems)

• New bonus puzzles which can be posted at any time (regardless of ongoing puzzles), and will probably have a flexible deadline
    • These bonus puzzles may have varying point values (ex: one point, two points, or even "???" points based on the number of people who got it right)
    • You can expect these puzzles to be based on:
      • Trivial facts or riddles (based on information from Bulbapedia)
      • Rotated images (in the same fashion as the standard Dream World puzzles)
      • Shiny sprites (just like Squirrel's Week 10, but I'll try to lessen the magnification as requested by many)
      • And anything else I can possibly think of (I'm always open for ideas!)
    • There can be more than one of these bonus puzzles going on at the same time, which can help you boost your rank

• A ranking system based on points/correct guesses:
    • Planned Ranks:
      • Master Rank: 20+ points
      • Ultra Rank: 15-19 points
      • Hyper Rank: 10-14 points
      • Super Rank: 5-9 points
      • Normal Rank: 1-4 points

• A main thread with links to the current puzzles, as well as the current rank standings (which will be known as the "Board of Honor"), and any "news" posts if necessary
    • Discussion among participants is encouraged in the main thread, of course
    • The clues/puzzles will have their own threads, but only the main thread will be sticky since these will be linked in it
    • The main weekly puzzles are still the same as Weeks 1 to 19 (as in, the 30x30 px section of Dream World art stuff)
    • The following prefixes will be used in the thread titles to help distinguish them: [Main Thread], [Weekly Puzzle], [Bonus Puzzle #X]

This may have been a lengthy list, but I hope it was at least organized enough for you to understand the general idea of it! I honestly have no clue if I'm allowed to make any new emblems for this, but it shouldn't be a problem regardless, because we still have the current WTP emblems to work with!

Anyway, that's all for now! I'm genuinely excited for this new and improved WTP, and I can't wait to get it started! Please stay tuned for the puzzles to come, and I'll be sure to post here once the new thread is up! In the meantime, you still have a bit less than a day left to figure out Week 20's puzzle (linked below), so I wish you the best of luck!

See ya later, everyone!

- Revise

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
The New and Improved WTP!

Alright everyone, it's the moment we've all been waiting for! As promised, the new "Main Thread" of WTP is up, with all of the changes in place! Come on over to Pokémon Trivia and check it out! You might even win some emblems! :D

Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=354859

I plan on releasing a new Bonus Puzzle over the next few days, but I can't guarantee an exact date. Hang on tight everyone - it's gonna be one heck of a ride! ^^

Oh, and here's our new logo by the way! (I hope you like it XD)

FX2p1Qg.png

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
Hi, everyone! Have you ever wanted a break from staring at Dream World art? If so, get ready, because we have an all new challenge in the form of...

This is our first ever Bonus Puzzle in the new and improved WTP, and it comes with many differences too! Instead of identifying a Pokémon by looking at its art, you'll be given a set of trivial facts this time around, and you have to figure out which Pokémon the facts best describe. You've got until September 11 (next Friday) at night to solve this, so I wish you the best of luck!

And of course, you still have two more days to figure out Week 21's (Dream World art) puzzle if you haven't done so yet! That'll be all for now - I hope to see you guys around! ^^

- Revise

Meadow

Years
A wild emblem appeared!

C2w4OyV.png

Who's That Pokémon? - Bonus Buster!

Surprise! From now on, this is what you can win if you solve any WTP Bonus Puzzle correctly, starting with Trembling Trivia! (All other emblems will still be handed out normally, given that you have the right number of points.) Even if you miss your chance this time around, do not worry! There will be many more bonus puzzles in the future, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to grab this reward! :D

You still have a bit less than four days to send in your answer for "Trembling Trivia," and a bit less than five days to participate in Weekly Puzzle #22!

Here are the links if you would like to try them out right away!

Trembling Trivia: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355089
Weekly Puzzle #22: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355196

I wish you all the best of luck! ♥

(Oh, and I wanna give a huuuge thanks to Sheep for helping me add this emblem to the system!)

Meadow

Years
Hi everyone, I've got two quick announcements to make today! Firstly, Week 24's puzzle is now up! Click the link below if you wish to access it right away. I made sure to make this one easier than the past few weeks, so I hope you give it a try!

Weekly Puzzle #24: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355992

And as for the second announcement, it's about our next bonus round... You guessed it! Bonus Puzzle #2 will be titled Rise of the Riddles, and it should be coming any time this week! Be sure to keep your eye out for it, because I'll post an announcement (and make a blog entry) once it's up! For now, the best place to keep track of updates is the Main Thread (found here), so I hope you guys stay tuned! :D

- Revise

Meadow

Years
Hiya, everyone! Sorry for the wait, but our second bonus puzzle is finally up and running!

This time around, you'll be given a riddle about the mystery Pokémon, which will be presented from that Pokémon's point of view. The objective is to read through the clue and guess which Pokémon is describing itself in the text. You've got until October 21 (next Wednesday) at night to solve this, so I wish you the best of luck! <3

Have fun! :D

- Revise

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
I have a very stupid question: is pokemon: Indigo league related to the popular show Pokemon?
and also is it the popular pokemon show (the one that is still having new episodes) that has Ash's Oshawott and the one chick's penguin looking water type Pokémon?

Back