• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 30, 2022
Well G3HS as well as any hex editor says that the .docx file is missing when it is clearly there, I had already fixed this issue with G3HS but hex editing still doesn't work.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 3, 2020
You will update this? (With new evolution methods, ALL new moves, ALL new movesets, etc)

Years
This is amazing! I have one question, though. How do i add pokemon using PGE? I know it's in patchers and expanders, but i just wanted to ask someone professional romhacker before doing it so it doesn't destroy my game. Also, does this work with Advance Map? I found a way to make it recognize added pokemon, so i was wondering if i could use it

BluRose

blu rass
Years
This is amazing! I have one question, though. How do i add pokemon using PGE? I know it's in patchers and expanders, but i just wanted to ask someone professional romhacker before doing it so it doesn't destroy my game. Also, does this work with Advance Map? I found a way to make it recognize added pokemon, so i was wondering if i could use it
just make a backup and then proceed so you can always revert if you need to
yes, it works with amap

Years
I get an error stating
"Moves have not been fully loaded because there was an error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to a bad number in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error occurred trying to read move #475. The current number of moves is: 354."

Although I have patched my ROM and replaced the .ini in the G3HS folder. Is there a known solution?

EDIT
Found the solution, messed around in the Hex Editor (without changing anything) until a message popped up asking to reinitialize the .ini file. This autofixes it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Great ips, but I got one problem, When I tried editing moves in PGE, It crashed the program. I already tried to replace the roms.ini but it didn't work, Do you know why? (Thank you if you respond)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 31, 2021
Apoligies if this has been answered already.

So far all I've done is apply the patch to a clean Fire Red ROM. When playing the game like normal my starter pokemon and any others that I capture all have an ID# of 00000 and gain boosted exp as if they were traded mons. Consequently they start disobeying me around level 11 if I don't have a badge. Is there a fix to this? Please and thank you.

EDIT: When patching to my clean Fire Red ROM (v1.0) I get the 00000 ID problem, however this doesn't seem to be an issue when patching to the squirrels v1.1 Fire Red ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 12, 2024
Hello! Sorry for bothering you guys... I just want to play Fire Red with moves updated and i don't know what i have to do. I have to download the .ips file and patch in a clear Fire Red ROM? What version? Fire Red 1.1 or 1.0? I have to do something else? Please, help me. Thanks for this great job, is a master piece. I want to enjoy it... I will Appreciate if somebody help me.

PS: Sorry if this already answered. Is too much pages to read...

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
I realize this is probably a long shot, but has anyone figured out a fix for Magic Bounce? A trainer's Pokémon used Sing on my Pokémon - which had Magic Bounce - and the Sing animation just kept going endlessly, targeting the opposing Pokémon. The music notes in the animation just sort of kept floating around the opposing Pokémon.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I realize this is probably a long shot, but has anyone figured out a fix for Magic Bounce? A trainer's Pokémon used Sing on my Pokémon - which had Magic Bounce - and the Sing animation just kept going endlessly, targeting the opposing Pokémon. The music notes in the animation just sort of kept floating around the opposing Pokémon.

You are better off to use Leon's Ultimate Fire Red Rombase as that base is much better than this one.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
You are better off to use Leon's Ultimate Fire Red Rombase as that base is much better than this one.

Yeah, I know, it's just that I've been working on my current hack for a couple of years now, and I started with MrDS' base - seemed like the best option at the time, guess I missed Leon's base. Switching to a new base at this point seems a bit too daunting. Plus, I've already implemented a lot of extra features and fixes, I'm just kinda stuck on Magic Bounce.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yeah, I know, it's just that I've been working on my current hack for a couple of years now, and I started with MrDS' base - seemed like the best option at the time, guess I missed Leon's base. Switching to a new base at this point seems a bit too daunting. Plus, I've already implemented a lot of extra features and fixes, I'm just kinda stuck on Magic Bounce.
This is probably your best bet. It's not 100% accurate (in doubles if your multi target move is bounced, it won't hit the second opponent), but it's the best you're going to get. The post also describes how to make it compatible with this base.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Which Patch do i have to open first?
Yqn9d

Years
I am obviously doing something horribly wrong. I can open it in G3HS, but none of the moves or types show up. When I tried to open it then in a hex editor, it still says BPRE instead of MrDS. As well, I moved the ini in the download folder (in the G3HS folder) over into my G3HS folder, so I honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong.

Back