• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smartest Pokemon ever discovered

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    What do you think is the smartest Pokemon ever? Psychic types come to mind immediately fo obvious reasons. Beheeyem, Alakazam, Mew. I think some Dark types are also very clever like Honchkrow or Houndoom. What are some less obvious choices? I think Venomoth is pretty smart for a Bug type, with its Tinted Lens and Quiver Dance. Noctowl and Hitmontop seem pretty savvy too. If I had to pick one though it would probably be Deoxys.

What do you think?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    they're all dumb as crap cuz they have to be commanded by a trainer and are restricted to using 4 moves

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    For some reason I see Porygon as being super smart. Idk I think it's design does it for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Doesn't Alakazam have an IQ of 5000? That probably puts it above most, at least as far as humans measure these things. I mean, intelligence can be measured in a variety of ways, and the way humans see it is not necessarily the absolute way.

That said...I would have thought the Lake Trio of Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie would be the most intelligent Pokemon, since they embody the concepts of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower. Since it's essentially a creator deity, you would think Arceus is above these concepts, too.

Smartest Pokemon ever discovered

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I think I have to say Metagross, because its Pokedex entries mention it being as smart as a super-computer. Alakazam does come close too, but in fact I consider Psychic-types as being very smart overall.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Xatu, for some reason, comes across as super smart to me. I don't know if it's the design or what...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would think it would be Meowth. I mean he taught himself how to walk on two paws and taught himself how to speak human language. Not only that he can think for himself (for the most part), do quite a few human things and he can translate when other Pokemon speak.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • This answer should be kind of obvious. The smartest Pokemon would have to be Alakazam. It has a ridiculously high IQ, and its brain is ever growing. The older an Alakazam is, the larger the head.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i feel like psychic pokemon are by default the "smartest" but i also think that others are smart too in the way that maybe
    maybe theyre not SCIENTIST HUMAN smart but like they do understand what their trainers are saying so?

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • For some reason I see Porygon as being super smart. Idk I think it's design does it for me.

I agree on Porygon (and the Polygon line) being one of the smartest because Alakazam may have the iq of a super computer but the Porygons use the super computers as their slaves lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yea maybe Porygon and its evos, or Alakazam. I doubt animal-like pokemon would come close, tbh.

I'm kind of also not counting legendaries like Lugia who obviously are very intelligent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    Yeah, I agree that Porygon and Alakazam are probably the smartest pokemon. I wish some dragon pokemon like Hydreigon were smarter though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2017
    Arceus. He's the god of all Pokemon, so he HAS to know everything there is to know about Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2019
    i think tynamo line are the smartest. smart enough to levitate to overcome their only weakness? XD

Back