• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Favorite sports teams

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What are your favorite sports, and favorite sports teams. Why are they your favorite, is it because your family likes them or is it based on where you live? Maybe your best friends like them so you're a fan of them? For me, my favorite sports to play are soccer, football, volleyball and softball. I am absolutely terrible at all of them besides slow pitched softball which I'm fairly decent at. My favorite sports teams are:

1.) Basketball- Memphis Grizzles and Kentucky Wildcats. I've grown up in Kentucky so they are naturally my favorite. They are normally also always amazing in basketball which helps. I've recently liked the Memphis Grizzlies. I really like the city of Memphis and enjoy rooting for these guys. They're not only a good team, but a tough team as well. I didn't really have a favorite professional basketball team before so I'm glad that I have one now.

2.) Football (american)- Cincinnati Bengals, Kentucky Wildcats and Indianapolis Colts. I live by Cincinnati and have grown up being a fan of the Colts. I like both teams but root for the Bengals over the Colts when they're playing each other.

3.) Baseball- Cincinnati Reds. Yeah besides the Reds, I pretty much hate every other team in baseball besides the Braves. I don't watch baseball as much because unless I'm at a game, watching on TV is just about as fun as watching paint dry. I do really enjoy going to a game though, normally the tickets are really cheap and I like the atmosphere. Everyone on the Reds have been traded but maybe thy won't suck as much this upcoming season.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to my favorite sports teams, here they are:

Baseball:
Tampa Bay Rays
Seattle Mariners

Basketball:
Los Angeles Lakers

Hockey:
Tampa Bay Lightning
Everett Silvertips (Western Hockey League team)

American Football:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks

Soccer (MLS):
Seattle Sounders FC
Tampa Bay Mutiny (defunct)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Baseball

Arizona Diamondbacks; this is our state team... so of course I'm going to be a fan of them. I don't really have a favorite player, but I do love the mascot. He's so sweet and adorable. I've been to a few games too. At one time, Baxter, our mascot, got us free tickets for his birthday game. All I did was tell him I admired him, and he was the one that asked if I wanted to go to the game on his birthday. ^w^ He signed my plushie of him too~
Boston Red Sox; I was born and raised in Maine. My dad is a huge red sox fan as well, and it's fun watching them on TV. Most people always ask me how I can like the red sox because I live in Arizona though. So, I usually tell them it's because I was born and raised in Maine. The only thing I'm sad about is that Don Orsillo, one of the announcers, won't be there next year and so on. :c He was one of the best ones for the televised version of the games. ;o;
Portland Sea Dogs; This isn't actually a major (or is minor?) league team or anything, but they have a special place in my heart. I grew up a lot around going to see them play. That was back when we still lived in Maine. I have a lot of memories there. One being Slugger, the mascot who I did and still adore to this day. I also remember one time when I was being dumb too. I wasn't watching where I was going, and I ran smack into the railing... forehead first... before realizing I had to stop. Ended up with a bit of a concussion and almost threw up. :c These guys are also affiliated with the red sox as well.

Basketball

Phoenix Suns; Again, this is our state team. So, it's only natural for me to like them. However, I wouldn't actually say I follow them. I don't care as much about basketball as I do with baseball.

Football

Arizona Cardinals; This is also our state team. I prefer them over the New England Patriots. However, I don't really follow football that much because like Basketball, it doesn't really interest me much. I'm more interested in baseball, if you couldn't already tell. XD

Last edited:
Years
Football (Soccer)

Liverpool - Not from there but always had a great affection for them since I was young and I always wanted them to do well I still remember that CL final from 05 and it was one of best things ive ever seen. I watch all the games and whatever the result is sets my mood for the day (not a nice one yesterday) Ive been to the city and the stadium but haven't got to see a game there yet.

Celtic - In Scotland the majority of people support either Celtic or Rangers half my family supports each, I chose Celtic which upset my dad lol. I support them for families sake but I dont really take an active interest in them tbh.

American Football
Cincinnati Bengals- Honestly, they won the first game I ever watched so I stuck with them. Think that was 3 Years ago. Dont get to watch them much because they are rarely on TV here but I like to follow the live scores online.

Years
Football (Soccer)

-PAOK (Greece): I am from Greece and i support a Greek club name PAOK. PAOK is a team in Thessaloniki, it is a club which have one of the most dedicated fans in the planet, and they are capable to give everything for their team. I recommend you to watch some videos on youtube.

-Tottenham (England): Actually i watch english and Greek football so i must support a club in Engalnd too. I actually don't know why i supprt this club, i really like it but no reason.

Years
Football (Soccer) - Middlesbrough
It's where I'm from so I guess that's my justification. With a different group of friends, I could have easily remained a Manchester United fan though. I supported them as a kid and only when I went to Boro games with my friends did I change my mind. Manchester United and Real Madrid are two other teams I like to watch, but I'm not nearly as invested in them as Boro.

Basketball - Cleveland Cavaliers
I only started following the NBA just over two years ago and it took me a while to decide on a team. Kyrie Irving was a player I admired a lot and I bought a replica jersey of his quite early on, but obviously the Cavs weren't great back then. Eventually LeBron and Wiggins (who unfortunately was moved on before he even played) swung me to the Cavs. I'd like to think of the Utah Jazz as my 'Western Conference team', but really I only usually watch the Cavs. Jazz have a young core that will hopefully be a lot of fun in a few years though.

Formula 1 - Ferrari
This is pretty much just because Raikkonen who has always been my favourite driver is currently on their team. I actually hated Ferrari as a child because they caused so many races to be won by Schumacher/Barrichello which wasn't fun. Plus in '03 Raikkonen was one of Schumacher's rivals for the title. Raikkonen will probably retire without joining another team and Ferrari are the only challengers to the Mercedes tyranny at the moment though so I'll probably stick with them for now.

The only other sports I even remotely pay attention are tennis (no teams of course) and American Football were I only really take sides when it comes to the Superbowl.

Years
In order of priority:

1. Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA basketball) - This team, quite frankly, has historically sucked, but they were my first sports interest and basketball is my favorite sport to watch and play.

2. Minnesota Vikings (NFL American football) - This team is something my family helped get me into, but American football itself is fun. Disappointment is part of the fandom.

3. Minnesota Wild (NHL ice hockey) - I wasn't seriously into this team until the last couple of years when I took the time to learn hockey better. I almost like hockey more than American football now.

4. University of Minnesota Golden Gophers (American Football, basketball, ice hockey, in that order) - I didn't go to this school because tuition was out of my ability to afford, but since my school does and did not have athletics, I adopted athletics of the flagship public university in my state.

5. Minnesota Twins (MLB baseball) - I'm not as into the Twins as I was growing up, but I'll still watch/listen to a game on occasion.

Years
Football:
Liverpool FC
Started supporting them sometime during the 2005-06 season. We have been through a lot of ups and downs since then.

Cricket:
MCA's Mumbai cricket team (previously Bombay)
Probably the most succesful team for any sport in the world. There have been 81 Ranji seasons until now and Mumbai have won 40 titles including 15 in a row from 1958-73. I go to Wankhede for a couple of days every season, mostly for the knokouts.

Sirfetch’d

I watch a TON of sports and follow a lot of sports teams but the following ones are my true favorites

College football:

The Auburn Tigers. When you are born in Alabama you are either born an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan and I fell on the Tiger side. I've watched every Auburn game since I was a young child and have tailgated and attended over 30 games. I look forward to kickoff every year, even on years like this where we well...suck 8D. I have tons of Auburn apparel, fatheads, footballs, blankets, etc.

College Basketball:

Auburn. We flat out suck in basketball but I am still hoping that one day we'll turn it around. Bruce Pearl is doing nice things for us.

NFL:

The Carolina Panthers. I started watching a bit of Carolina back in the mid 2000s but never really called myself a fan. In fact, I wasn't a fan of any particular NFL team until 2011 when Cam Newton suited up for Carolina. Since then, I've never missed a game and have been a devout Panther fan. I have a Cam Newton Jersey, a Luke Kuechly jersey, 8 Panther fatheads, and various Panther shirts. I'm super hyped about the playoffs this year 8)

NBA:

OKC. Kevin Durant is my favorite basketball player of all time. I don't follow the sport as closely as I'd like but I try and keep up with OKC.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
College Football: I am a fan of the LSU tigers because I was raised in Louisiana for a while and it was pretty much an unspoken rule that you had to support them…unless you wanted to be the one guy who supported like Tulane or ULL lol. I've watched every game since I was a kid and I've been there through both the good and the bad. We're a pretty good team though so you don't have to expect anything too bad usually…outside a mediocre season instead of a great one, I guess. I'm somewhat pleased with how this season went, though I'm still bummed that Fournette didn't end up winning the Heisman, or even as a finalist. He still has a year left though, so maybe he can win it next season.

College Basketball: Same as college football. I'm a fan of the LSU tigers. Even though LSU isn't really a "basketball school," I still watch a majority of the games. We have Ben Simmons now, so maybe we'll pull a few upsets and make some moves. Probably not, though.

NFL: Usually everyone expects me to be a Saints fan because of where I currently live and where I was raised and all of that, but I'm actually a New England Patriots fan. The Pats are my father's favorite team and I still remember watching the games with him as a small child. Tom Brady has become my favorite player, and he's one of the best QBs of all time despite all the crap he gets about being a cheater / crybaby / etc. I have a bunch of Pats apparel and I wear it all the time. I'm pretty excited for the playoffs this year, even though we have a few key players out with injuries. I think we'll be ok by the 16th. Back to back Super Bowl wins would be great, especially since this could very well be Brady's final year in a Patriots uniform.

NBA: I'm a fan of the Boston Celtics for the same reasons I'm a fan of the Patriots. Me and my father used to watch their games all the time when I was younger. My favorite Celtic players are Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Paul Pierce, and currently Isaiah Thomas. The Celtics are usually a pretty good team, but now we're in a rebuilding stage so there are gonna be some rough patches. I still think we'll grab a playoff spot this year and maybe push whoever we play to 5 or 6 games before losing. The rebuild is gonna be tough though, we have some good looking guys right now but the closest thing we have to a superstar is Isaiah Thomas. We'll probably make a trade soon though, so I'm looking forward to that. With that being said, my favorite players are actually Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, but I just can't bring myself to actually support OKC. I usually just watch their games because of those two.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
For basketball, my favorite team is the San Antonio Spurs. I'm kind of a bandwagon fan of theirs, since I didn't start liking them until I watched them win the 2003 Championship. Ever since then, though, I've liked them, even if they don't get into the Finals.

Baseball... Where do I begin? I like a lot of baseball teams. For the Majors, I follow the New York Mets and the Miami Marlins. I've been a fan of the Marlins since their creation. With the Mets, I've only just started to follow them because they were fun to watch back in July, and it was a wild ride since then.

Then, for the Minors, I like the Greensboro Grasshoppers (farm team for the Marlins and located in the best city in the USA) and the Hartford Yard Goats. The Yard Goats haven't even played a single game yet, but I'm a fan. Not only because they're the local team, but also because they were the former New Britain Rock Cats, and I used to go to their games all the time. The Rock Cats became the Yard Goats and the Atlantic League moved in to the stadium with the New Britain Bees.

Years
Hockey
New Jersey Devils (NHL)
Vancouver Giants (WHL)

Football
Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)
BC Lions (CFL)

Baseball
Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB)
Toronto Blue Jays (MLB)

Soccer
Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS)
Chelsea (EPL)
Juventus (Serie A)
Barnet (League Two)

Hockey is by far and away my favorite sport, so the Devils are at the top of my list of favorite sports teams. I follow all the NHL pretty closely though, so I probably know just as much about any random team in the league as their fans do. I used to follow the WHL (a junior league) a lot more in the past, but the Giants have been one of the worst teams in the league the past 5 years, so I haven't been watching them as closely.

My second favorite team is the Kansas City Chiefs, which has me excited with how good they're doing lately (won 10 straight games going into the playoffs). And even though I'm a bigger Devils fan, I've got more random Chiefs merchandise than I know what to do with. Off the top of my head, I've got a hat, jersey, multiple sweaters, a wall clock, picture frames, mugs, christmas ornaments, and even a wrestling mask, all emblazoned with their logo.

As for the other sports/teams I have listed, I'll root for them if I see they're playing, but I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore fan of them. That said, going to see Juventus play at their new stadium in Turin is on my sports bucket list, even if I could only name a handful of the players on their roster right now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Football
AFC Bournemouth - Always lived in Bournemouth and supporting your local team is the correct way to go, currently enjoying the highest moment in the history of the club in the Premier League and the past month has been the greatest time I have experianced as a fan

American Football
Seattle Seahawks - I only started watching the last 4 years and during my first season I just watched as many games as possible what made me love this team so much was their epic run towards the end of the season to sneak a wildcard spot.... only to lose to the Atlanta Falcons with a FG in the dying seconds.... people could say its bandwaggoning but I would support a UK team if we ever get one

Formula 1
Mercedes - I only support them because my fave driver is on the team Lewis Hamilton in this support no one really supports teams you follow drivers

I obviously support the England side in any sport

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Hockey - Hockey has been my favourite sport since I discovered it when vacationing in Florida and Alberta. Watching the Lightning, Panthers and the Flames as I rested in my hotels certainly peaked my interest early on. For this reason, I have a soft spot for those teams. However, when I started following hockey more closely, I gravitated towards the 2 teams below:
1. Canadiens de Montreal - I love the history of the club and as goaltender is my favourite position, I loved learning about their goaltending legacy and seeing the evolution of Carey Price.
2. Nashville Predators - I love country music and they have a Smilodon logo! Not to mention, Pekka Rinne is one of my favourite players in the league.

Soccer
I grew up around soccer but it never really impressed me that much. Nowadays I am only a casual fan mostly.
1. Manchester United - My family supports Manchester United and so whenever I'm home I'm bombarded with all things Man U! I was made to support them from a young age.
2. Atletico Madrid - I went to see them years ago when I was holidaying in Spain, I like them because of the nostalgia.
3. US Women's National Team: When I was younger, I loved the film 'Bend it like Beckham' and I thought it was awesome to see girls playing. It left the impression on me that the US was the place to be for women's soccer so I supported them during the World Cup in Canada. I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and I was delighted to see the US win.

There is going to be a new women's team based in Orlando called the Pride who I will start to follow once the season starts. This is because I have many fond memories of my holidays in Orlando, their kit will be purple (one of my favourite colours) and Alex Morgan has signed for them. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Roll Tide. And that's all I'll say.

When you are born in Alabama you are either born an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan

This. lmao And it's insane how we scare people that aren't originally from here. If you talk to someone that comes here from another state, they almost always have a horrific experience in dealing with this AL/AU thing and it's kind of funny tbh.

Chase is my favorite tiger. :)

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Football (American) Kansas city Chiefs. I know they usually suck but I don't really care, anyways they just won a playoff game. New Orleans Saints. They also suck but the team is a great community, and I love Drew Brees.

Baseball (MLB) Kansas City Royals. As you can tell I love Missouri sports and even though they have a bad rep they did just win the World Series.

Basketball Cleveland Cavilers. I absolutely love Lebron James he's the main reason I like them.

College Sports Missouri University. They are based in my hometown so I've been bred to love them!

Honorable mentions: NFL: Buffalo Bills. NBA: Chicago Bulls. MLB St Louis Cardinals.

Back