• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fishing

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • fishing is in a lot of video game franchises now that i'm thinking about it. what's your favorite fishing simulation in games?

bass pro shop games don't count

Years
  • fishing

THIS RLY WAS MY FIRST (and only) FISHING GAME LMAO

Years
  • in all seriousness though the fishing activities in Okami will never not be fun to me, especially since you can sell the fish for a pretty penny, too. :o

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Does spearing for fish count? I think Lost in Blue's fishing/spearing minigames were pretty fun, there was an actual fishing component when you make a fishing rod but you can also just throw your spear at fish with the touchscreen like

fishing

Years
  • I usually don't do fishing unless I need it. Because of that I think Monster Hunter 4 is the game I was fishing the most in. Kingdom Come: Deliverance had great fishing mechanics too and I should probably spent more time doing that next time I play it.

On the other note, I hate fishing in Far Cry 5. Tried it once because of the quest and I never touched it again.

Years
  • Terraria, because it's easy and some of the best potions require fish. And what you get depends on the biome, which is cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i have a love/hate relationship with the fishing in harvest moon: a wonderful life. like it's really fun when you're good at it, but it took me forever to figure out wtf to do. but once you get it down, it's fun and a great time sink -- plus the fish is good for selling or making into sushi to sell for even higher. but the big kicker w fishing is that events in the world will interrupt you while fishing lmfao you'll be in the middle of a big reel and

okay...

come on everybody! come buy lots of great things!!

fuckin van..................ugh

Years
  • The fishing mechanics in the Pokemon games and Don't Starve Together are pretty good, although it's weird that in DST you can't fish in the ocean. The fishing mechanics in Stardew Valley need a rework because god damn it what you get is not at all worth the effort.

...fishing really does feature in a weirdly high number of games.

Years
  • Does spearing for fish count? I think Lost in Blue's fishing/spearing minigames were pretty fun, there was an actual fishing component when you make a fishing rod but you can also just throw your spear at fish with the touchscreen like

fishing
    oh my GOD i had forgotten about Lost in Blue!! We need a remake tbh.
    The fishing mechanics in the Pokemon games and Don't Starve Together are pretty good, although it's weird that in DST you can't fish in the ocean. The fishing mechanics in Stardew Valley need a rework because god damn it what you get is not at all worth the effort.

...fishing really does feature in a weirdly high number of games.
    I came in here to mention Stardew Valley actually lmao. I absolutely hate the fishing mechanics in Stardew Valley! I even watched tutorials on YouTube and I still can't get it down properly.

Just make it nice like Animal Crossing. :sloheart:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    oh my GOD i had forgotten about Lost in Blue!! We need a remake tbh.
    In all my years on PC no one else has ever seemed to know what Lost in Blue is :senpai: But yes! I never played the sequels so I don't know how they compare but I would love a remake, it was really what started my love for survival games.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • Minecraft.

Nothing like the old versions where the bubbles would sometimes appear for no reason, even without a fish on the line haha

Cid

Years
  • Stardew Valley! Anything for Alex. Salmon Dinner is a lot cheaper to make in the Fall than Complete Breakfast, so I make sure to fish a lot of Salmon during that time.

I enjoy fishing in Pokémon games as well, even though I haven't tried chain fishing. Ocarina of Time's fishing mini game was also fun, but idr if I was particularly good at it, haha.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Petz Catz/Dogz 2 has a fishing minigame, a classic 'keep the fish within this area for x amount of time'. Catching a sunfish was the greatest achievement on that game. :')

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Breath of Fire IV actually had a pretty deep fish mini-game. I never got the hang of it, but a lot of people who've played it seemed to have liked it quite a bit. I just hated the fact that most of best equipment required a lot fishing, which I had no patience for.

The current game I'm playing: Three Houses has fishing as well, but it's rather simple. The fish is just for cooking meals to raise stats or bond support.

Back