• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation announcement feedback.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I love the new rep system. I never liked having those points, really. Especially when the negative ones tare right down into your soul, and then make you snap!

Having based on comments only, wow. That's a lot better. One question, not sure if it was answered though...
    Did you guess figure out a way to make it, so when you get reputation, someone can't submit it without a comment?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Ahhh no moar green barz of doom!

I, for one, am very happy with the change. Reputation points brought nothing but unneeded drama to PC, and it's clear that a lot of our members were not mature enough to deal with the system. In theory, I think the point system is actually a decent idea, but only if the members are willing and able to abide by the rules....which they clearly are not =(

Thank you guys for changing this up, I'm sure it'll be for the better :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I miss my green bars. They made me feel important...and I was getting closer to four. -goes to cry somewhere-

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Read the announcement, and I just have this to say:

Aww, no more drama. ;_; How else am I going to get my weekly dose of lulz?

But seriously, this is a good idea. Sorry to hear that you guys were nearly driven insane by it. I have to admit it was kinda funny (for a third party who decided not to participate and doesn't frequently speak to the staff who had to handle all that) to see all those complain-about-rep threads in this forum break down into drama, but at least now, we might actually get concrit through rep like we're supposed to.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I like this idea. Now people wont abuse it.

It annoys me though, well, only the fact that there is still a space for the pip in the User CP but there is nothing in it. D:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • They're gone! NOOOOOO! I loved my rep... like, seven points above deafult :(

Ah, well... Comments are good too... But now they're not public... Bye, "Reach victory soon enough"... *Salute*

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I like this idea. Now people wont abuse it.

It annoys me though, well, only the fact that there is still a space for the pip in the User CP but there is nothing in it. D:
    Yes, this issue should be rectified. It bothers me deeply. (Wow we already found out how to complain about the new system wow)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    The comments are what mattered most right?
    No need for silly numbers and green boxes about 1cm in perimeter

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm happy for that since most of the people gave me negative feedback because of the way I make my threads, thats really stupid

maybe we should do the ranking system like serebii based on post

:t354:TG

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Well, I don't care if it's gone. Since a lot of members have abnormally huge rep points(I can list some of them), which mainly comes from abusing it, asking of forcing someone to give 'em, or making "side accounts" for reps. Well, those are my hunches though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ah, so the bad apples had to spoil the whole barrel and ruin it for everyone. x3

If someone wants to comment on a post, he/she could easily quote and reply with his/her response instead of leaving a (usually) anonymous rep comment. So, what's the point of this "rep" now? |D

I guess I'll get posting.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ah, so the bad apples had to spoil the whole barrel and ruin it for everyone. x3

If someone wants to comment on a post, he/she could easily quote and reply with his/her response instead of leaving a (usually) anonymous rep comment. So, what's the point of this "rep" now? |D

I guess I'll get posting.
    Because it would be rather off-topic to quote a post only to say something like "I think you wrote this post really well" or something along those lines. :'( If you can add it in with your reply, great. If not, that's what the system is there for.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Aww, I miss seeing how many points I can give/have! Didn't care for the bars; I liked the points. XD
    Oh well, this way is better. Bye bars.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm going to be crazy Staff member that takes credit for bringing up the idea for this little thing (even if it was Audy who killed the system, and even if it was the Higher Staff working together to get things done). :>

I (and others) saw this coming for a very very long time. Even before we turned the rep system back on we talked about it and my idea was a comment based system where no groups could get together and spam good rep, where no one would care about bad rep, where you could still say "That's a good post, you put a lot of work into it.". But as we know the rep system was brought back and now look.

But I think under the new system it'll work good. No more bad rep, no more saying "I have more rep then you!", no more this and that. Really the only thing we (as in the Admins) have to care about is flaming rep.
    And another thing is, one of the reasons why I didn't really want to give rep on posts was because I had a high rep power (3rd highest on PC). And I just didn't want to bump someone up that high. So under the new system I'm able to give comments anytime I want.

Really, I think in the long run it'll be better. Since it JUST got killed off everyone is missing their pips, everyone is like "I hate you people who abused rep..." and so on. We didn't kill off rep just for the Admins and so we didn't have to deal with rep anymore (I hated to turn members down when it came to that. They felt like they needed help with something and I'm telling them "No, find someone else."), but also to fix a lot of probs with the members. Now it's not just a "I got bad rep, remove it!". People can use the system like it was meant to be... to comment on posts.

Yes well, unfortunately, the ideas of us common folk often o unheard upon the ears of the 'higher up'.
    All we can do now is hope the Administrative Committee hears our suggestions, I can almost guarantee one of them reads this, if it sounds like a good idea to them, it might happen.
    You're wrong there. We listen to the ideas of the members. It's just 99% of the time it's an idea that just wouldn't work. They might have it all planned out in their head, and it might work on paper. But the Higher Staff tends to see things a little different then the members, we know how PC works and we know that some things just won't work out. But we still listen to the members.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In four years you'll try enabling reputation again, I reckon, and it'll fail again.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I for one like this idea. Finally there will be no one complaining about their neg rep(or no one complaining about getting too much postive rep). So the reports will stop coming in. I really didn't have a problem with the system before. Well I never had any neg rep. If I did...I would have acted mature and think about why I was neg repped. I wouldn't never report it because there is always a reason for someone to neg rep you because of that post. I know my posts isn't the best ones you seen or read. So I will take the criticism. I will be mature about it. And just try again next time.

But there were a few of people who got neg repped, didn't take to well. They will report it. Sometimes there is a reason that you got neg repped. But I guess there were so many people that got neg repped for no reason. It was a high percentage and I think the staff had enough of it. So this idea came, and quiet frankly this is the best idea. Still give out comments, but it won't equal rep power, a extra bar, or extra points. To me points and bars didn't matter. The comments matter.

To me though, I wish the rep system was still disabled. Again I didn't have a problem with it. It was other people I seen that abused the system and ruin it everyone else. That is why I said this.

Last edited:
    Back