• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

April Fools

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

• That's part of the reason why I liked this, too.

I talk to some people now, that I didn't talk with at all beforehand, and had a chance to interact more with some of the mods whom I never really see, due to not visiting their areas much, or not seeing them in the rest of the actual lounge. v_v It's an issue that mods and h-staff sometimes don't mesh much. ;; It also made me realize how stressed people would be, myself included, if something like this ever did happen. Not that Rukario, nor the other admins would let it, but yeah. xD
    Speaking of which, does anyone else other than rukario have the ability to take over control of the site in an emergency? If say, Rukario suddenly died or something. (Just wanna know my precious PC is safe after this. lol)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Speaking of which, does anyone else other than rukario have the ability to take over control of the site in an emergency? If say, Rukario suddenly died or something. (Just wanna know my precious PC is safe after this. lol)

Well, I know there's the founder, Kwesi. The one who started the vBulletin forum before it was restarted in 2003.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Kwesi, and most of the admins technically could do something about it to take care of the site, I figure. ...I HOPE.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Good one guys, even though I knew the whole Lerroux thing was a joke right off the bat.
    I really thought that PC had changed to FaceBook though...

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
  • aha. ahahahahahahahaha.
    Whoa, that was a pretty damn good prank you played there. And Went should become an actor.

edit; lolomg, what is that emblem :O

Years
  • Kudos to PokéCommunity for pulling off the BEST April Fools trick I have ever seen not just on the internet, but in my life! :D The neat thing is that you guys did not even try to spoil it at all until time was up, and that is a quality I lack if I want AF jokes to last lol, but still, excellent job! :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • In reflection, I think it was brilliantly stages, so congratulations you got me there. But I did have my suspicions. If the AA's had the power to stop Lerroux in his tracks then why didn't they? I mean the lack of even an attempt to stop him I believe made it a little bit evident it was a joke. Nevertheless, it did get me, haha I feel a bit stupid now. :x If this did happen though, seriously, I would still stand by what I did. In fact I still do, but now to know it was a joke is a bit of a relief. A positive I think, is that we've come to realise just how many people really care for the community. It distinguishes those who are inferred to focus on themselves more than the community, from those who are the opposite. (Not thats its bad or anything.)

But yeah, this year has been a memoreable April Fools, so thanks, it's been...interesting.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    lol, it took me some time to figure out that this was a prank. But once I did, it was too much fun spamming that mod app thread xD

But i kinda anticipated this, seeing as I had already posted in the DCC (or did I talk about it in the IRC? lol idr) that giving members access to a 'fake' staff forums would be cool and totally trick people. This was a fun and amusing prank, I liked it! :D

But I have to say Forever your acting skills ruined it >:( Once you posted about taking Lerroux's side it kind became obvious that you were all joking. Also, that VIP Lounge thread. Too damn hilarious.

But you know what was the most hilarious thing? Mr. Cat Dog's posts. "As ex-smod and official Fuhrer of the Pokecommunity, I say **** this ****!" Favorite mod now! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But I have to say Forever your acting skills ruined it >:( Once you posted about taking Lerroux's side it kind became obvious that you were all joking.

Nah I disagree. I'm 99% sure I'd do the same if I was on the verge of being fired :x I'd legit do anything not to be fired like the others lool ;; Sorta like if I were going to die and there were people who were going to shoot those who oppose so I'd be like on their side just to survive /bad person :(

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • In reflection, I think it was brilliantly stages, so congratulations you got me there. But I did have my suspicions. If the AA's had the power to stop Lerroux in his tracks then why didn't they? I mean the lack of even an attempt to stop him I believe made it a little bit evident it was a joke. Nevertheless, it did get me, haha I feel a bit stupid now. :x If this did happen though, seriously, I would still stand by what I did. In fact I still do, but now to know it was a joke is a bit of a relief. A positive I think, is that we've come to realise just how many people really care for the community. It distinguishes those who are inferred to focus on themselves more than the community, from those who are the opposite. (Not thats its bad or anything.)

But yeah, this year has been a memoreable April Fools, so thanks, it's been...interesting.

Lol, I'm glad you've spotted that positive there. Regarding the Admin thing, we didn't play that too well, but I guess it's because after Nick "banned" Lerroux, Lerroux just came back and "demodded" Nick. Which shows that he could either unban himself via the server or have Steve do it so it'd have been pointless trying to ban him.

But i kinda anticipated this, seeing as I had already posted in the DCC (or did I talk about it in the IRC? lol idr) that giving members access to a 'fake' staff forums would be cool and totally trick people. This was a fun and amusing prank, I liked it! :D

You talked about it in the old DCC lol. I was toying with the idea of deleting your post for a while and hoping no-one noticed but that'd tip you off so I left it. Good call, though!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I take pride in my acting skills.

I'd like to say this was my 2nd favorite April Fools (with the first being the Serebii gig). :)

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • LMFAO! Oh, youse guys is hilari-ass! I've never been on a forum that pulls pranks, much less to this extent,

Was that hikari kid in on it? or will he/she be dangerously upset somewhere? Epic Drama, Like sands through the hour glass, these are the pokes of our lives, good S#it man, thanks for all the entertaining reading!

Zeus

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • That'd be a lot of emblems to give out from the look of it, an I'd be concerned that a number of people might not want to be reminded that they were pranked in the first place.

Hey, I don't care if I am reminded as long as I get the emblem. LOL.

Seriously guys, I am giving you 100 cookies for a really good April Fool's joke. I mean, setting up a whole forum section like that? LOL. Clap clap.

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
  • I forgot to say, but this prank was so much fun :'D. I love a good bit of drama (this didn't even seem fake) and it made my weekend vair exciting.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • aha. ahahahahahahahaha.
    Whoa, that was a pretty damn good prank you played there. And Went should become an actor.

Thank you, although I think Drew did it even better- we didn't even realize she had been posting as Lerroux for a while as well XD

Years
  • I HATE ALL OF YOU

First time I've got properly pranked on April Fools. You realise now I won't trust a mod ever again, even people like Derry and Eoin? YOU DO REALISE THIS. XD

Epic prank. Well done.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I don't think this was funny. But I'm not mad either. I'm just relieved that the staff wasn't fired. I much rather want this staff than to be a mod.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

• Thank you, although I think Drew did it even better- we didn't even realize she had been posting as Lerroux for a while as well XD

........what lol this is news to me. Yeah Drew is actor of the year in my books haha.

Back