• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Hisui starter evo formes?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Considering the new regional formes we saw in the trailer, I feel like it is very likely that they will do this treatment to the starters too! Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott might be in for some cool futures. Don't you agree?

Do you think/hope they will change the types and designes of the middle evos too, or just the final ones?

And of course, what new types, themes and designs for Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott are you hoping for? :D

Years
  • that would be extremely cool in my opinion! i like the fact those forms have an older and really oriental style, so it would be cool seeing those pokemon in that style, especially samurott, which is inspired from a samurai. i m not sure they will get hisuian forms tho, because they're said to be pokemon brought from other regions, so idk. i really hope they'll get them tho lol

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • oh shit i'd like that
    i plan to pick oshawott and i honestly do not like samurott at all. it looks nothing like the other two and just like some throwaway water legendary. if they can improve that with a new form i'd be pretty hype. maybe lean more into the samurai design? ik it's in samurott's name but nothing about it has really screamed samurai to me except the headgear. give it a steel subtype even

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I for one am very hopeful about Typhlosion. That thing has basically just been a larger version of Quilava which has just been a Cyndaquil with its eyes open. There's lots that could be done with regional Quilava/Typhlosion. Dark type comes to mind as something many have already envisioned for a Typh mega, but consider something like Flying/Fire for a fur-covered "lucky dragon" style, or Fire/Fighting for a- jk haha imagine if they make it a Fighting type oh god.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • PLEASE make typhlosion cool again
    they did him so dirty in the switch to 3D

Hisui starter evo formes?

Hisui starter evo formes?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg poor thing, it went from Explosive Echidna to Wary Weasel

Years
  • For Typhlosion, I think Fire/Dark makes a lot of sense with it being a badger and Dark Pulse + Flamethrower stab would be great! Of course, it would need an expanded movepool as well. Fire/Ground might make sense too? Not sure how it would work lore-wise but I think Fire/Fairy would be sick as well. Don't care about the other two though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Honestly I kind of hope they'll give the other starters of each trio updates too, because it would kinda suck if, say, only Typhlosion got a cool new form while Meganium and Feraligatr don't (at least until they release new games/dlc which could take anywhere from months to years). Not sure if they'll make another fire/dark starter so soon after Incineroar, but then again there was like a streak of 3 gens of fire/fighting so who knows.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think it would be neat, but don't see it happening. I think these pokes were chosen given their basis/themes slot nicely into older time period Japan, and they don't really need a change there to fit in better.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Ooh, what a cool idea! I hadn't thought of it before, but now I'm really hoping they do. It would give a fresh feel to these three starters, many of us who have already used them before.

If they do, these are my hopes:
    Samurott: a bipedal form. either part-fighting, or an unexpected typing (like with braviary's approach) such as part-ice.
    Decidueye: emphasize the gentlemanly qualities of its pre-evolution, and let it be a nimble Grass-Flying.
    Typhlosion: something with a bunch of Okami-looking smoke clouds, idk. Typhlosion is already too perfect. Fire-ground?

However, the lore that the professor got these starters from other regions might make it hard to justify lorewise why they have Hisui formes. If they go about adding Hisui formes, I really really hope it's optional like with split evolutions. (such as how you get to choose whether you want Poliwhirl into Poliwrath or Politoed, up to you). Else those who are invested in the starters as-is would be disappointed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, good point. Hisui formes the way traditional forms are usually done won't make sense if the starters come from abroad. Aw.

I think it's a bit odd if they'll just pick three old pokémon as starters and not do anything special with them though. Perhaps they can still get some special forms somehow, or special moves or abilities that make them stand out compared to their traditional counterparts?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I can see it. Every starter has had something special about it since Generation Six. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the starters in these games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hm, good point. Hisui formes the way traditional forms are usually done won't make sense if the starters come from abroad. Aw.

I think it's a bit odd if they'll just pick three old pokémon as starters and not do anything special with them though. Perhaps they can still get some special forms somehow, or special moves or abilities that make them stand out compared to their traditional counterparts?
    Special moves, maybe. But otherwise I just think they were picked because they fit thematically - see the second half of this article: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/202...-a-team-galactic-link-and-starters-explained/ And there's the side bonus of avoiding repetition of using the same Starters in the remakes releasing less than 3 months beforehand.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    marcin out here crushing my dreams or rather trying not to make us get our hopes up and be disappointed

Still fun to muse about :3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I can't help it if crushing dreams is fun! =p

But yeah, I do suppose I tend to try to not get my own hopes up too high - see the Battle Frontier last few games and seemingly the remakes again, after all. =(

Years
  • Sure, they aren't local to the area and it may not make massive sense to give them Hisuian forms, but I'd still love to see it and am sure the writers can think of an explanation. :'D I'd love to see a kamaitachi (weasel wielding a sickle)-inspired form for Typhlosion, think it would work really well. ❤️

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really don't want to get hopes up, but the Chinese Riddler has said there would be starter evo forms. This could be fake info, but I find it odd that the chose these specific starters to not give them anything at all. Though I will be honest, some of the 'leaks' sound out and it is very possible that even if they are real, it may not be the correct typing.

Even the Chinese Riddle has gotten stuff wrong and has said, if not mistaken, that he wasn't sure what happened to some of the forms he had heard about in Alola. For this reason, I don't really want to bring them up.

If there was perhaps new forms, I'd love to see Samurott to get Water/Fighting. I feel like it makes the most sense it possibly give him a better representation of being a samurai. Decidueye I already love, but having it being a Grass/Dark could give him a Ninja vibe. And for Typhlosion, I don't really mind as long as he looks amazing. I would hope that they could continue the types of fighters in Japan, but I am not sure what Typhlosion would match. I guess a monk could best match this, but I don't know what type that would go with except fighting and I really don't think they'd make another fire/fighting. Especially if they are trying to make Typhlosion popular again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Nice point, this would be very interesting.
    But Rowlet's debut was not too long.
    Don't you think it's too soon for it to have a new form?

Back