• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
I started breeding two Noivern with the Masuda Method and basically I believe there are Noibat with Dragon Claw all over the region, I stopped counting when I reached 300 eggs and got nothing. So I gave up as I was fed up with all these bats and found a Japanese Charizard to breed with my level 97 Firelord so I can replace him with a shiny one. So far 228 eggs, no luck, but I am not giving up on this one.

(I should get out a bit though)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Well, since I completed my Pokemon X game (600+ hours) already and also played through the most of Pokemon Y, I decided to hunt shinies again because I don't know what to do with my remaining time while waiting for ORAS ;)

I just went into a Friend Safari because I wanted a Shiny Pumpkaboo for a long time (currently MM'ing for a Shiny Mudkip so no place to breed for a Shiny Pumpkaboo). After just around 8 minutes in: my luck hits me again; I literally just caught a Shiny Pumpkaboo!!! <3 ^_^ It's female and I love her already! :D I will definitely keep this up, I set a goal for myself to hunt as many shinies as possible before I can get my hands on ORAS within 2 weeks... :P

To everyone else; good luck!

Last edited:

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
Years
I was hunting via hoard encounter the other day. Really wanted a shiny Yanma. I wasn't counting, but I'd say within 20 minutes, I found a Shiny Nosepass and a Shiny Yanma. Best shiny streak I've ever had! But I already have a shiny Nosepass from the friend safari, so if anyone wants to trade, please PM me. I'm really looking for either a shiny Pinsir, Froakie or Tyrunt, but am open to other offers.

Years
After what had to be around 400 eggs, I finally bred a Shiny Poochyena to re-explore Hoenn with. Adamant, hidden ability, all four fang moves, female. I had sort of hoped for a male, but meh. Who cares, I got it!
I also found another shiny ponyta in a friend safari. Debating trying to trade it for a furfrou or houndour. It's been a good week.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
I hatched a shiny psyduck in less than 400 eggs, awesome considering the solosis I tried to hatch took over 500 (like, waaay, way over).

Male calm Psyduck w/ Cloud Nine
- Hypnosis and Synchronoise
0/31/31/31/31/31

I'm crying a little over that HP IV.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Id be interested in all the fail stories ik i had some that time on route 1 you found a shiny and had no pokeballs happended to me twice...

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
Years
  • Age 30
  • MI
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
In previous generations of the game I attempted shiny hunting via the egg hatching method, but was never quite successful. However in this new generation of the game I found that the shiny method seemed more like a reliable method, and tried that several times and was only able to a shiny Clauncher.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Just hatched a Shiny Vulpix with Drought in less than 10 eggs! (totally loving this shiny charm)

Can't wait for ORAS to come out so I can transfer him over and use him in-game!

ETA: Holy smokes, it has 6 perfect IVs too! (From a 6IV Ninetales and a 4IV ditto).

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
Years
  • Age 30
  • MI
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
If I might acquire some information and ask "What is a shiny charm?"

Years
as a shiny hunter I never got a shiny pokemon in a horde. I always got mine through basic hunting or by masuda method. This method is the best according to me what about you ?

She_Delphox

Years
OMG I literally just hatched my Shiny Mudkip! I almost jumped out of my chair ^_^ It's so adorable, it took me 137 Eggs (I absolutely love my Shiny Charm), Quiet Nature, female (<3 omg), with Hidden Ability Damp (no items used on parents), and Egg Moves: Mirror Coat, Growl, Whirlpool and Curse. :)
Spoiler:

I have been doing a Masuda Method for my Shiny Mudkip for a while now, because of college I barely had the time to continue playing for the last 5 weeks or something, but I decided to continue this weekend because I wanted to obtain one so bad before I get Alpha Sapphire next week (yes, I'm from Europe).

I also recently caught 6 Shiny Skrelp (mainly for friends) and a Shiny Camerupt (with HA) was my most recent shiny Pokemon until now :D Treecko is probably on my list for the next MM, but it hasn't a high priority as it was Mudkip though... Since I decided long ago to pick Mudkip in Alpha Sapphire, I will play with the obtained Mudkip in Hoenn, but I will transfer the Shiny Mudkip over soon to ORAS anyway :D

To all others, good luck! ;)

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Years
Update: just hatched a Shiny Treecko! ^_^ Took me 165 Eggs; again, it's a female (lucky), Serious nature (don't care much for the nature tbh) and Overgrow as the ability. First time for me I had a parent-couple with one of my own Pokemon and a Korean Treecko, normally I only breed with Japanese Pokemon as the foreign one, but this time I didn't have much choice lol ;)

Now I have all Hoenn starters shiny too, and before even obtaining Alpha Sapphire (still have to wait 5 days for it to come out here haha)! :D

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Last time I managed to hunt while playing Alpha Sapphire on one 3DS, Pokemon X on the other, I got a shiny Kirlia out of a Psychic safari after a little less than thirty encounters. Caught it on the first ball after using Hypnosis, since it has Teleport.

Back