• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
  • I used to chain for shiny Furfrous like mad. I have 2 and I also have a shiny Skiddo I chained on accident. That patch of lavendar flowers on Route 5 is the best spot!
    That patch was the only one I'd ever use when I first started. I got a shiny Pancham in a non sparkling patch, a shiny Furfrou, and a shiny Skiddo. =3 Though I can't figure out how to chain using the DexNav feature in ORAS.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, so far I've managed to get a Shiny Luvdisc, at the fishing chain of 83. I might try some Horde encounters and see what might just pop up, because at least with hordes, it ups the chance to 5/4096, making it 1/819. I can imagine if the shiny charm was in effect (which I probably won't get for a very long time) then the chance would improve by a third. I think with a horde, for example looking for shiny Zangoose/Seviper, it could be a big problem if the solo enemy of the group is shiny.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Been soft-resetting for hours for a Shiny Froakie

The RNG god hates me. :(

Sad thing is, when I finally get my shiny Froakie, I'll have to do the same thing for Charmander. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The RNG god hates me. :(

Sad thing is, when I finally get my shiny Froakie, I'll have to do the same thing for Charmander. :(

Does it have to be a shiny starter? Cause when you breed, the rates will go way up (because you can hatch multiple froakies at a time) and best of all you don't need to go through that cut scene over and over and over again. Also, wouldn't a shiny Froakie with it's hidden ability be better? (again, through breeding)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • The shiny rate was upped to 8 in 65536 (roughly 1 in 8100) to 16 in 65536 (roughly 1 in 4000) but it doesn't help all that much. It's still horribly low, so you're gonna be at this a while.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, Faust Echos, I'm just stickin' your thread into this one, which is basically one of our talk about shinies in X/Y threads.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Somehow, after I bashed the Pokeradar that much compared to the mechanics of D/P/Pt, I have somehow managed to get a shiny out of it. A Flabébé.... the rarest one, which is White.

Years
  • 49 eggs out of 86 and FalcnAmerica is born!
    627.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    The only wild Pokémon I've caught....a few months ago while in a Normal safari, hunting for a shiny Eevee, after a few hours I get.....a Dunsparce -_- then a few days ago while in the same safari, looking for Eevee to breed....another Dunsparce! But hey a shiny is a shiny right?

Years
  • I just ran away from a shiny Cubchoo because I was not paying attention to the screen :( Saw it after I hit 'Run'. It sucks!! Now I must find one! lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I was using the TGS for the first time. I put up a regular silvion asking for an umbreon because I didn't know how to get one, when I checked a couple hours later, I had a level 100 shiny umbreon. xD In a mystery trade like a week later, I got a shiny buneary (which I'm trying to figure out how to evolve) and now I'm into shinies!

Years
  • I was poking around a friend safari some days ago looking for a Skill Link Minccino... and instead got a cute pink Dunsparce after maybe five encounters? omg I love it even if its ability and nature are bad. ;c;

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I've been chain fishing for a shiny for a while. So far, none unfortunately.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I was using the TGS for the first time. I put up a regular silvion asking for an umbreon because I didn't know how to get one, when I checked a couple hours later, I had a level 100 shiny umbreon. xD In a mystery trade like a week later, I got a shiny buneary (which I'm trying to figure out how to evolve) and now I'm into shinies!
    New to pokemon? If so, Buneary evolves through friendship, the sooth bell, ribbons and massages help boost that. Anyway, I hunt a lot but recent'y have taken a break to play other games.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    i hatched a shiny nidoran female, shiny mankey and shiny beldum all after 6 eggs of breeding. You can say I was a happy camper that day.

Back