• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Do you watch anime in public?

Years
  • Would you watch anime on a public computer, on your phone/tablet within view of others, etc? Or do you prefer to watch when you are alone in the privacy of your home?

I know some people who are a bit embarrassed to do this (myself included, am shy ok) but I'd like to know how the rest of you feel!!

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • Long time ago i watched together with my br in my room some anime on tv, now only on rare occasions we watch something together...(Though sometimes i think it's my fault)

And i watch these days on netflix some random stuff, i will watch something new only after i have completed that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i'm never out in public anymore but i've always prefer to enjoy it in private. less possible distractions if anything.

Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Usually I don't watch anime with others unless it's with my brother. I have also watched anime in public places, such as my college in between classes, but I usually keep to myself and watch it with earbuds on.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • On a public computer? Sure, why not? I've done it a lot over the years. But, I rarely do it anymore. It depends on how I'm feeling abt anime out in public, really.

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • I am only one in my friend cycle who watches Anime lol. I usually watch in private or watch with my Big Brother.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I watch anime a lot during my down time at work. Have a few coworkers that talk about currently airing shows with me and we sometimes can sit and get through an episode or two together. Most of the time when I'm out and watching anime though it's at the gym. Haven't ever really had a reason to watch anime on a public computer so idk about that one. I don't really care one way or the other whether people know what I'm watching or not. It's highly unlikely I'll ever see those persons again so it shouldn't matter whether or not they know I'm watching ecchi or Pokemon or if they even care.

Years
  • I always watch anime in public places, after all. I try to avoid my familiy on what i watch stuff that is too offensive, or taboo stuff for my families, after all. Its not that bad, isn't it.

Years
  • I wouldn't do it on a public computer, I might do it on a tablet or something if I face it away from as many people as possible (this isn't limited to just anime though, I would do this for anything I watched). But most of the time, if I'm out then I'm most likely in no position to watch something or won't even have a desire to do so.

Years
  • i would if i could. my darned phone is a low-tier one so even one episode would blow a hole on this one. maybe if i buy an sd card i would but i have no time

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Haven't really tried watching anime shows in public recently, but I have been talking about them with friends which is really cool. Never really had the chance to do so before going to college.

SkyEmpress

Emperor of Destruction Guzma
    Years
  • im not ashamed at all. okay maybe to cosplay
    but nahh. I have a cellphone case of anime. and watch anime on my tablet while being on the train
    or in my break at work XD. everyone knows it by now.

when comic con was on tv they even asked if I was there to andd if I cosplay. so I jist showed them.photo haha

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've never watched anime in public because I generally only watch that sort of thing at home. Although by no means am I ashamed by my love of anime. I've read manga in public before and I'd do so again!

original.gif

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Recently I've dabbled in watching it at work from my phone, but before that I was a stickler for always watching it at home, because I either didn't have the time, didn't like watching it on such a small screen, or it wouldn't load with my work's wifi. It just plain ol' wasn't something I tried until recently.

Buuuut then I was bored during a break, and thought I would try to load an episode and it worked!

I've only done it a few times, though, so it's so interesting to me to always see people watching things on their phones like it's the only way they watch anything.

First thing I tried was Hero Academia, but recently I just deadass watched a Love Stage ep in the middle of the eating area. Oops.

Last edited:
    Back