• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The reboot nobody wanted

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What are series that you don't think needed a reboot but got one anyway?

I can think of a recent example: The Fairly Odd Parents getting a live action reboot. I'm pretty sure no one wanted that.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I can think of a recent example: The Fairly Odd Parents getting a live action reboot. I'm pretty sure no one wanted that.
    I don't think anyone wanted those 3 live action movies with Drake Bell either. I was watching a Youtube video discussing the new reboot and they said it best: Fairly Oddparents just doesn't look good in live action. Also Crocker facing the front is absolutely cursed

That aside, this isn't a reboot, but it's a spinoff. Close enough. There's a spinoff of Spongebob called The Patrick Star Show or something like that. The thing that bothers me about it is that Stephen Hillenburg specifically said he didn't want any spinoffs or side series from Spongebob. I don't care if it's the best TV show ever conceived (which I highly doubt it is), but it's incredibly disrespectful to go against his wishes, especially since he isn't alive anymore.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender did not need a live action movie either.

as long as it's not the m. night shamalan movie that doesn't exist (we don't talk about that movie ever)

but I agree, we really don't. Avatar: The Last Aribender should really just be left alone. Korra was alright, but we really don't need a live action reboot. Live Action Reboots rarely, if ever, do well.

I also honestly didn't think we needed another TMNT reboot after the really good 2012 show. But, we're getting yet another one after the 2018 proved to not really be that good.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Isn't Frasier getting a reboot sometime this year? Here's my preemptive "we didn't need that".

pkmin3033

Both the Thundercats and Biker Mice From Mars reboots caused my inner child more anguish than I can sufficiently articulate in a mere forum post. My GOD. The new He-Man cartoon is something we definitely did not need either...especially when Masters of the Universe exists. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have also gone through so many reboots, and none of them outside of the 2003 reboot - which itself got a reboot in the Back to the Sewer season, which was the most unneeded of them all) have been any good. It's actually very depressing just how bad the turtles have had it over the years when there is so much good material there. It really should not be that hard to do a decent Turtles cartoon.

We also didn't need Abram's awful Star Trek movie trilogy. But then, we just...don't need Abrams in general. That man is a bigger menace to films than Michael Bay. Everything he touches, he ruins. Irrevocably.

I'm going to hold fire on saying that we don't need the Babylon 5 reboot until I see it, but even with Straczynski at the helm...well, how do you improve upon perfection? Especially when the majority of the original cast are dead.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • Cowboy Bebop. While the anime was good, the live action adaptation was so-so. And to be honest, I was glad Netflix cancelled it before it got a second season. Some animes are better left alone.

Years
  • This is my default reaction to pretty much every reboot I hear about these days - especially the current trend of watered-down live action remakes of animated shows/movies that add exactly nothing to the original. I understand why these decisions are getting made, it makes sense from a business perspective to take advantage of nostalgia and rake in the cash, but from a creative standpoint it just causes me pain.

There's certainly a few good remakes/reboots/whatever out there, but I'd probably be willing to let them go for the sake of ending this trend lmao.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Teen Titans. Why? Just why?
    I did not watch the original teen titans, but I know people that watched it and loved it. But now, it's…. I don't even know what it is anymore. But there is one thing that it's a fact: I hate it, other people hate it, but it's still there. And I know that it's directed towards kid, but even I when I was a kid thought it was weird. There is nothing about this show that I like, except for one episode, the only episode that did a good job. And people hate it so much that EVEN THE SHOW ITSELF says it's stupid. Nobody asked for that reboot, nobody likes it. But, even though people hate it, that crap IS STILL AIRING NEW EPISODES!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Years
  • Spongebob;
    The square has a spin-off between Patrick Star Show and Camp Coral.
    Someone just kill the modern square with Napalm already.

I'm fine with Early Classic Spongebob, Modern version MUST DIE!

Back