• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much would people care for a Pokémon crossover game?

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • So a while back, i made a thread where i asked the question of how big the chance would be for a Pokémon crossover between one of Nintendo's IPs could happen.

And now i have a question that's related to my last thread. So would most people really care for a crossover game with like Super Mario (Yes please..) or The Legends of Zelda?
    I might have said this before, but even though Pokémon differs in a lot of ways from other franchises (With it being mostly focusing on being an RPG series), Its still possible to like mix
    Pokémon's gameplay with a non-pokémon game's gameplay if done right.

I personally greatly care for a Pokémon and Mario crossover game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd also love to see Pokemon cross over with something else. I mean, we've got Pokemon Conquest, and that was a great crossover.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon and Mario wouldn't work unless they add Pikachu to Mario Kart, to be honest, and I cannot ever see a Legend of Zelda crossover being possible under any circumstance. If anything, I think I would love another crossover someday. That much is still true, but in big titles like Mario and Zelda, it's just not happening.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Look, I miss the era of Pokémon puzzle games like Puzzle Challenge, Trozei and Shuffle, so I'd be glad to see another crossover with a puzzle game franchise.

A Puzzle Challenge remake, which is in itself a crossover with Panel de Pon, would be a great start. If, however, they can cross Pokémon over with stuff like Puyo Puyo, Columns or frickin' Tetris, I'd be over the moon.

(And yeah, I know there were Pokémon events in Tetris 99, but I'm talking about a full game.)

Years
  • I would be happy with this! Lots of options. Personally I think crossovers with other cute series would be cool, maybe Animal Crossing and catching Pokémon with nets/fishing rods/shovels etc. ❤️

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Honestly the world of Pokémon - or just the Pokémon themselves - could fit well into any game with a rich and diverse world, fun ways of using the Pokémon (doesn't need to be battling), and interesting characters! The Mario series is definitely a neat universe to find Pokémon in!

Harvest Moon comes to mind. I could absolutely see Pokémon living in that universe, befriending them, raising them, and having them help you with growing crops or acting as the tools themselves in a symbiotic relationship. Oh! Or having specific Pokémon solve problems for the villagers and joining in acts to increase friendships. Or delegating Pokémon to foraging, mining, or fishing tasks. Or building strong bonds with the favorite Pokémon type of your future sweetheart! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Or, haha, Kirby 64! Everything about the game is 100% the same, except all enemies are replaced by Pokémon to give Kirby his copy abilities. Very simple, but would still be fun!

If you'd want something a little more intense, what about a Turok: Dinosaur Hunter x Pokémon crossover? Where you still play in first person, and specifically hunt fossil / dragon / ancient / spooky Pokémon. And likewise, use tools to tame wild Pokémon to aid in the exploration required to gather those relic pieces(?). Swimming would be much more bearable with a Sharpedo on your side, lol. Or galloping on the back of an Mudsdale! Scaling vertical cliff faces with a Garchomp, or jumping significant heights/distances with Mega Lopunny. The boss Longhunter could easily be an Intellon. Thunder (the mecha-trex) could be Duraludon -- who can learn Electric attacks btw! And Mantis would obviously be Scyther. Using the Pokémon Turok tamed along the way and figuring out strategies that have a more limited use of guns would be entertaining af!

Uhhh... And this one is a stretch. I didn't give it a critical analysis, but bear with me here. Metroid: Prime. The protagonist will always be Samus, but instead of discovering the Chozo Temples or gathering relics of the Chozo of Tallon IV.. the whole plot is carried out the same, just replacing Chozo with Psychic types and discovering the secrets to their long and complex lore. From their beginnings, to their connection to nature, their future sight, totems of powerful Psychic Legendaries, their "ascension", and eventual retreat from galactic attention. Space Pirates could be Dark or Bug Types, and Metroids themselves could be Ghost or Poison Types.

So many crossover ideals and potential! Who said it needs to stay in Nintendo games either? Monster Hunter would be VERY satisfying. >:]

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Hoenn. The only worthwhile crossover is the one where Edward Kenway harpoons a Wailord 😂

Adding certain pokémon to Mario Kart would be fun. Carkoal has wheels already, Mega Lati@s already look like jets so just ground them, add Voltorb and Electrode as Shells, Pikachu as a driver (and perhaps its mortal enemy Cramorant!), Tropius could be at the side of a jungle-based track and randomly drop banana peels...I could go on

Tomb Raider but she's fighting to stop bad guys exploit legendaries?
    FIFA x Pokémon? Cinderace lighting the ball on fire constantly would necessitate non-human goalkeepers.

EDIT: Nintendo Switch Sports Pokémon!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Went ahead and moved this thread to PGC since it has more to do with Pokémon and gaming.

But! I got another idea! >:3 SPOOKY'S JUMP SCARE POKÉMON MANSION!

Specimen 1 (A.K.A. Carboard Cutout)
    The combined work of a Shuppet and Smeargle.
    Combined fatalities: 4

Specimen 2 (A.K.A. Gel)
    An Alolan Marowak
    Combined fatalities: 137

Specimen 3 (A.K.A. Subject 5 / Giant Centipede)
    A shiny GMax Centiscorch
    Combined fatalities: 43

Specimen 4 (A.K.A. Ringu)
    A Froslass
    Combined fatalities: 85

Specimen 5 (A.K.A. Bab)
    A Hypno
    Combined fatalities: 168(?)

Specimen 6 (A.K.A. The Merchant)
    A Hitmonchan under possession of Sableye
    Combined fatalities: 137

Specimen 7 (A.K.A. ---)
    A Stonjourner
    Combined fatalities: 63

Specimen 8 (A.K.A. Deer Lord)
    A Xerneas
    Combined fatalities: 149

Specimen 9 (A.K.A. Taker)
    A Spiritomb
    Combined fatalities: 362

Specimen 10 (A.K.A. Parasite)
    A Dragapult
    Combined fatalities: 245

Specimen 11 (A.K.A. Food Demon)
    A shiny Haxorus
    Combined fatalities: 317

Specimen 12 (A.K.A. The Mansion & The Old Man)
    A Runerigus & Scyther
    Combined fatalities: 57

Specimen 13 (A.K.A. The Siren)
    A Lapras who, underwater, becomes a Mega Gyarados
    Combined fatalities: 194

Years
  • A crossover with like Mario would be silly but fun. Maybe even do a crossover with Donkey Kong. If not crossover, perhaps throwing the mons into the games as an easter egg or so.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    We do have crossovers: Pokemon Conquest and Mystery Dungeon.

Pokemon Conquest is a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, which given the Japanese feel of the game didn't really get out of Japan, but is a crossover nonetheless.

Mystery Dungeon is a crossover with ... well, Mystery Dungeon. In general you can slap Pokemon in place of units in any old tactic games (like say, Fire Emblem) and it'd probably work well enough.

Smash Bros is the other obvious example of a crossover.

If we aren't limited by the conception of what the Pokemon games are but rather just by what Pokemon could represent or do, we could very well have a lot of crossovers.

Here are some other examples:
    - Mario Odyssey but instead of Goombas and stuff, they're Pokemon.
    - Zelda but instead of items, Link uses Pokémon

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Depends on the implementation. Worries about two things:
    1. A watered-down version of both games. Introduced a monster catching system in Tales of Symphonia 2. Was not a crossover with any other game. Worked...poorly. Froze human characters at certain levels to push you into using the monsters.
    2. Focuses mainly on the other game's roots. May be completely uninterested in that game. Example: Fire Emblem Warriors.

Could see a few good opportunities for crossovers. Meshes fairly well with Fire Emblem. Could replace Golden Sun's Djinn with Pokemon. Agrees with the above Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon suggestions. Might be game for do-over with the "Tales of" series (with reservations). Plops Pokemon into Mario Party easily enough. Mentioned a Mario RPG crossover in the first thread.

Drew Pokemon crossovers for a Mafia game years back. Appears quite rough between the speed of creation and less familiarity with Paint. Will spoiler them for size. Sticks to ones with gameplay in mind. (Example: Adds nothing to Phoenix Wright by replacing Phoenix with Jolteon.) Might tickle someone's fancy.
    Spoiler:

Back