• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
  • It might be at 5 but I'm not too sure. I have a standard top 4 for the moment.

1. Code Geass
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
    3. Steins; Gate
    4. Psycho-Pass

I can't make up my mind for the 5th slot. Candidates are Monster, Death Note, Death Parade, Seven Deadly Sins(this stands out from the rest, but I really enjoyed it).

Years
  • It might be at 5 but I'm not too sure. I have a standard top 4 for the moment.

1. Code Geass
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
    3. Stein's; Gate
    4. Psycho-Pass

I can't make up my mind for the 5th slot. Candidates are Monster, Death Note, Death Parade, Seven Deadly Sins(this stands out from the rest, but I really enjoyed it).
    I actually started watching Death Parade, but didn't really like it (I'm more into action). The OP is still stuck in my head though. I may look into other anime on your list when I'll finish Psycho-Pass.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I actually started watching Death Parade, but didn't really like it (I'm more into action). The OP is still stuck in my head though. I may look into other anime on your list when I'll finish Psycho-Pass.

I'm on the exact opposite side of you lol. I'm more into dark/psychological/philosophical stuff than action. That said, my action anime list is quite limited. Two that stood out to me are Hunter X Hunter (the 2011 version) and Seven Deadly Sins, in the sense that, despite being primarily shounen, they have an actual plot.

I don't consider this to be a spoiler, so I won't include this in the spoiler thing, but be warned anyway.

Both of these shows suffer from the cliffhanger syndrome (as I like to call it). HxH is divided into arcs and the last one just stops at some point. That's because the author is on hiatus due to health problems. I don't know when and if the show will will continue, but you've got ~140 episodes to enjoy and it's totally worth. SDS on the other hand has a finished season and it concluded nicely, but there is still plenty of content to work on and, if I'm not wrong, we're just waiting for the manga to finish so we can have our second season.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • If I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist, should I watch Brotherhood too?

Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood are two different anime based on the same manga. They start out the same but take different paths after some episodes. FMA separates from the manga and takes its own way (if I'm not mistaken, this is because the manga didn't keep up or something). FMA : B was created after the manga ended and follows its story.

Years
  • I started into Tonari no Seki-kun/My Neighbor Seki tonight. Looking to make that completed series #249 and move onto K-On!! for series number 250.

If I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist, should I watch Brotherhood too?

They're different storylines in their second halves, and they also deviate some in the first half of each series.

I think it'd be worth watching, but at a later point when you're not so close to having finished the original FMA.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • If I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist, should I watch Brotherhood too?
    In my opinion, Brotherhood is much better in every single way.

I just finished watching the last episode of FLCL (also known as Fooly Cooly)... You guys know of any similar anime?

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Been watching Stella Women's Academy: High School Division Class C3 recently. It's a pretty pointless anime about girls who play air-soft. I'd recommend it for anyone with four hours on their hands and determination. Planning on starting DanMachi somewhat soon as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Started Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Very good series and I can see why it's rated so well. Sooo much suspense waiting for next episode. ;-;

ahh, ikr, makes me wish I'd started it once it finished airing.

For the moment, that and Dimension W are the only anime I'm watching. Finally got around to finishing Kill La Kill. And I suppose I'm watching FMA Brotherhood still but that's been the case for close to a year, and still have like 20 eps to go :P

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Picked up GATE again from my "dropped" list. And, surprisingly, I fell in love. Have completed the first season and I've seen 5 episodes of second season. And at a much faster rate than I usually watch anime, too. Couldn't help it - the series is a lot of ~fun~

I just finished watching the last episode of FLCL (also known as Fooly Cooly)... You guys know of any similar anime?
    I haven't seen it yet but you might wanna check out Dead Leaves. It is by the same creators and seems like it is as crazy as FLCL was. Or more. Who knows.

Back