• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

let's say you had more time on your hands to learn a technical skill

Years
  • what would it be, and why? assume you have all the time you want to master this skill

i mean stuff like web design, programming, engineering, that kind of stuff. but you can only be a master of one, not a jack of all trades so pick one

Years
  • programming is always a dream that is achievable but don't have the time to actually learn it :(
    working in front of the computer to program everyday would be the dream (for me anyway). and idk, I've always been invested with the technological world and I'd like to have skills to contribute to it.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'm going to be doing this some this summer but I'd learn how to use all the programs in the Adobe Suite if I could. I know how to use Photoshop, Spark, Acrobat, Premiere, and Aftereffects, and I'm planning to learn InDesign and Illustrator this summer, but I'd really like to know how to use all the programs if I could.

Years
  • Definitely a programming language or two as long as I can learn at my own pace

Also maybe learn more skills in After Effects than what I already know as well

Years
  • The first thing that normally comes to my mind is a programming language. But I think even more than that, I really want to dab into web design and learn and master that as well. I like looking at pretty stuff so I think that would be an area I would feel more passionate about going into if I had more time on my hands, haha.

Years
  • god honestly
    i wanna learn machine learning (artificial intelligence) more; if i had to be more specific, deep learning :'D

the two electives and the workshop aren't enough for that huge piece of information and it would save so much of my time if i know this topic properly hkfsdjalkd

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    web design probs, seems fun but am lazy

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • for me, it would have to be, probably repair/build computers, so it can be an interesting like thing i can make money from, plus im already learning it atm, so partially there.
    If not that, uh maybe web design or app coding, since uh, idk why.

Years
  • web design is also something i'd love to to dive into one day but i guess it's not priority since wordpress works fine for me

Years
  • Programming definitely would be something I'd learn if I could bring myself to get properly invested in it. It'd make achieving some of the things I'd like to way easier.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Assuming I have all the time, plus resources!, to learn such a skill: Fixing objects with valves.

Valves could include vehicles, pipe structures, instruments and other machines :P

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • Probably music at this point. I like the ideas behind programming- refining, creative, problem solving, etc.. but I think It all stems from art/artistic expression. So I would want that at the root to be as refined as possible before anything else now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I wanna learn InDesign, and really should while I still have an Adobe subscription, but without concrete projects to fumble through, I have basically no idea where to even start and what to do, so I haven't. :(

Years
  • Hm. Probably learning MSSQL and MySQL inside and out because so many companies seem to need people who know how to retrieve data for reporting from a database.

Particularly since I already have a significant baseline skillset in computer networking.

Back