• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Despite me having to go in early for two days last week i dont think i had any coffee. Nor did I take any naps what an accomplishment.

Tho i didnt get anything done today ill have to try and make up for it tomorrow.

Years
  • hiya saws o/

ok so my decision is made. i am calling into work tomorrow because i cba. i need a break to myself after what happened yesterday and the day before.

you deserve a break and don't think otherwise <3

tbh i do also. it's only tuesday but i'm already barely able to keep my eyes open in the morning and feel so mentally and physically exhausted, as if i've been working for ten days nonstop. i need to either find a job closer to home or quit and use my savings to find an opportunity elsewhere. there is no way you're meant to work like a drone five days a week from graduating college until retirement. we only get one life

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    you deserve a break and don't think otherwise <3

tbh i do also. it's only tuesday but i'm already barely able to keep my eyes open in the morning and feel so mentally and physically exhausted, as if i've been working for ten days nonstop. i need to either find a job closer to home or quit and use my savings to find an opportunity elsewhere. there is no way you're meant to work like a drone five days a week from graduating college until retirement. we only get one life

your commute is ridiculous and you way stronger than i am for being able to do that on a daily basis, all while helping maintain PC and dealing with shitty RL stuff too. i have ridiculous respect for you because of all that.

i think you'd definitely be happier at a job that might pay slightly less, but give you 4+ extra hours of free time every day

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd work 4 day weeks if i could. Alas. I like monies :/

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've pretending my grandpa's still alive so I can use his pension to never work fridays again. Happy 114th grandpops :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I need to figure out when my vacation is so I can have my paid week off. I have the managers to easily do that rn but there's nothing I can take advantage of rn hm. I was thinking a week a convention is happening.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I do hope we one day move past jobs and the only people stocking shelves at goodwill are those that do it because they enjoy it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't think we'll ever become Star Trek. A moneyless society. Bahaha.

Years
  • your commute is ridiculous and you way stronger than i am for being able to do that on a daily basis, all while helping maintain PC and dealing with shitty RL stuff too. i have ridiculous respect for you because of all that.

i think you'd definitely be happier at a job that might pay slightly less, but give you 4+ extra hours of free time every day

yeah someone pointed out on reddit or somewhere else recently that 2 hrs each way is 20 hours a week (for those who work five days a week like me) and that is absolutely insane, never clicked with me how often of the week i was commuting. i'm glad i get to save most of my salary and the job itself is pretty easy (or maybe i'm just used to it idk) but having more of a life and not feeling drained 24/7 would be nice

yay for those of you on vacation though i hope you enjoy it!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yiiiikes I would absolutely hate to be commuting that far to get to work. I think the longest I would ever consider is 45 minutes and that's only if I was on salary and working 8+ hrs a day so the commute isn't a complete waste of time.

-- tho idk if i should say this as someone who went to disney for 3 hrs when the drive there is about 1.5-2 hrs when she had a disney pass last year.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    My dad before he retired had to go an hour each way to and from work. Woke up at 2AM, left at 4AM. Got back around 5:30-6PM.

Years
  • yeah 45 minutes is ok, and even one hour isn't that bad @ EC.... for someone like me who commutes two hours, cutting that in half still sounds wonderful
    but i can imagine that's tedious for a parent anyway, since they need to spend time with their family/kids =(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have to run to the bank on weekdays when I work before o head home and I hate it because it sometimes adds up to an hour of my time. It's going to be even worse when they close the bank closest to my store @_@ teleporters when

Years
  • teleporters +1 pls

i wanna find a job stocking shelves because it's the only job I'd be good at but I've had no luck :(

not being able to get a job due to being useless sucks

that's not true at all honestly. i felt the same about myself for the longest time, but it was mostly because i was sheltered and inexperienced... when you actually go out and work, you'll realize you're a lot more capable than you think

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back