• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily PokéCommunity Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • My commute is usually 30 minutes, but it's a road that is quite prone to traffic and at least one day a week that gets pushed to 45 minutes to get home. There's also a roundabout that floods a lot which really messes things up.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Flooded roundabout?? That sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

There's very few roundabouts here, and I'm thankful.

But I'm a little spoiled, I take a couple of neighborhood streets to and from work, and it's about 7 minutes with normal traffic.

My car isn't that great though, if I had to drive any further than 20 minutes to a job, I'd be concerned for it's safety. lol That kinda sucks, though, because if I could travel far to work, maybe I'd find some better jobs.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • there are so many roundabounts in my area, one of which is a terrible one that i need to use to get back home. people literally just drive aimlessly onto it without looking or giving way most of the time.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My hometown is slowly phasing out traffic lights and just putting in roundabouts. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Turnabouts make me nervous because I'm bad at gauging distance between me and an incoming car ahah.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Driving sucks. Bring on self driving cars, and fast, please.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    ew no that's lame

Imagine your average cross country trip. Let's just do New York to LA. Gotta book a plane, gotta book a rental car, gotta book a hotel room.
    Now imagine that trip with a self driving car. You only have to stop for gas and restroom breaks. You can just sleep in your car right through Nebraska.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Imagine your average cross country trip. Let's just do New York to LA. Gotta book a plane, gotta book a rental car, gotta book a hotel room.
    Now imagine that trip with a self driving car. You only have to stop for gas and restroom breaks. You can just sleep in your car right through Nebraska.
    I'd rather drive

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think it's awesome when you use your turn signal, and slow down with the proper amount of time before the turn, and some asshole behind you still wants to go 60 miles an hour and doesn't slow down for you. :D So you have to speed the turn so they don't hit you as they zoom past.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Fuck 'em. Let them hit you. They are in the wrong, not you. Then get out with a shotgun and dare them to talk shit.

Years
  • I think it's awesome when you use your turn signal, and slow down with the proper amount of time before the turn, and some asshole behind you still wants to go 60 miles an hour and doesn't slow down for you. :D So you have to speed the turn so they don't hit you as they zoom past.

Or when you put it on and slow at your turn and people still honk at you
    they do that here, it's unnerving

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Let's not forget the people who are honking at you to turn right when you're going to be going straight like 'cuse you I'm sorry I'm in this lane but straight is where I'm going sry!!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • some people are just far too impatient. what's worst is when you get beeped for literally taking a second to notice the light has only just changed to green.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back