gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
20,148 posts
7.3 Years
Pretty much what it says. Are you happy with your current project(s)? Are you content with your skill as a writer?

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Male
As if I'd be one to say
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
275 posts
1.5 Years
Pretty much what it says. Are you happy with your current project(s)? Are you content with your skill as a writer?
I'm pleased that I'm at my best writing form to my knowledge and I'm also happy that my work has a direction even if conceptually I have a lot to think about and all for filling in things. I would say it feels great to be making deeper progress and I'm pleased with what I have made even if I plan to polish it sometime in the future due to things pointed out to me or discovered.

Besides, anything is better than the dumpster fire that was the first draft heh.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
– Unknown

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
5,696 posts
13.3 Years
My mood can switch in an instant. Some days I'm not happy with my current project for various reasons, like how the pacing, prose, and worldbuilding could be so much stronger. On some days, I do like some stuff I have going on and I'm excited for what plans I have next for the story. My writing skills I still think isn't good compare to other folks I know, but I liked to think I had improved even if just a tiny bit.

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]

Cid

from 2013

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
3,253 posts
11.4 Years
I've never written for PC, I think. But from what I've written in the past, I feel like I can always improve it when I read it back. That's why it's important to allow yourself to just put your work out there without reading and revising it over and over, trying to make it perfect. You'll improve as you go; it's really unnecessary to be so hard on yourself. Of course, when submitting important entries for contests or publishing, that's when you bring your A-game. But outside of that, don't worry about it. Be happy with your work.

edit: I say that, yet here I am nitpicking my own response, haha. I still have to practice what I preach sometimes.

Sydian

XIII

Age 27
Georgia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
32,430 posts
11.5 Years
honestly i haven't been happy with my writing that much as of late. i have the same tricks up my sleeve and tend to use a lot of the same words and phrases. my writing for fan fics is not as strong as my roleplay writing. juggling more than one character gets me to trip up, make a lot of repeats, and i find that i don't get that strong character focus that i enjoy in roleplay. i'll get it eventually, but right now i'm just blah.

i am pretty pleased with my latest fic though, despite all that. can't believe i found a way to make nail painting interesting. lol
vacation? what's that?
twitter | ao3

Auticorn

PC's official autistic unicorn~

Age 30
Female
in a secret land that only those worthy can see. :3
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
6,277 posts
15.2 Years
It varies. I have days when I can be pretty happy about it. The only issue for me is reading my own stuff... because then I end up feeling less proud of it. :c
you were made to be ruled

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
1,969 posts
9.4 Years
i do find myself a fairly good writer. however i do find there are some things i have written that i am proud of and some that aren't understandably. i find some of my works better than others as obviously my writing skills have improved over time since i first started writing.

i am content with my skill as a writer but i do feel as if i could be better.
they/them ★ he/him ★ pashmina
tumblrao3Seán McLoughlincredit
Advertiser Content