• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

// let's mega-evolve!

Years
  • Mega Pidgeot is just amazing - it really needed the boost given how much better the other regional birds were. It had nothing on Staraptor.

But omg.. hopefully that does mean we'd get a mega Butterfree at some point. It's a favorite of mine and would really benefit from something like that. Go underused bugs!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Pidgeot doesn't look very different from its original form, but that's definitely not a bad thing; their main objective when introducing mega-evolution system was, if I remember correctly, to create forms which sort of look different from their primary, but not all that much, and Pidgeot seems to fit this set of description perfectly well. As for ability, it going to have No Guard (hope I'm not wrong), but I don't believe it has access to much attacks in which the Pokémon could take better advantage of with this particular ability, aside from maybe Heat Wave and Hurricane?

Mega-Beedrill looks pretty cool, even though it's a little similar to Escavalier, haha. It's going to be interesting to see how plays in-game, as well as competitive!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    soooo. again two new megas! Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix!

as for my opinion... i was hoping for a Mega Glalie, so i'm pleasantly surprised at that. though it looks a bit freaky still! it reminds me of a viking. with a black beard. but i'm excited! i'm really glad for Glalie as i feel it's been kind of overshadowed by Froslass ever since DPPt. also, could this mean that all of the Elite Four will be getting a Mega now? it's possible. there is an appropriate Mega for each of them now. that would be the BEST!

Mega Steelix i think is quite cool too. its face has been flattened again, but i guess that's okay. its body reminds me of Mega Rayquaza a bit because of the marked segments, but the crystal pieces sticking out make me think of the Crystal Onix that was in the anime, haha. Sand Force seems better than Sheer Force at the least, so i hope that extra 100 stat points will lift it up into competitive awesomeness!

there are already some artworks for the megas apparently too, so we can get a better view at the new additions!

EDIT: i just got flooded with a bunch of rumors.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm not sure I like the rainbow spikes on Steelix. It doesn't fit for me. But otherwise, I like it. Glalie, holy...Crunch attack. Begin the Frosslass speculation.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Most up to date pics each receives a new ability steel is gets sand force and glalie receives refrigerate. Both were found in the demos so over the next few days new Megas may be revealed. Ik theres been speculation about Solrock Lunatone and flygon which i think there may be Megas for them but nothing has leaked yet from the demos or anywhere so so far no one can say theyre real or not.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Rainbow spikes on Steelix? Mega Glalies? Holy crap, Gamefreak's done a pretty excellent job this time around. Again, I feel like there are some unnecessary features that they've added to the new mega forms (such as the rainbow spikes on steelix which feel really out of place) but they're both pretty fabulous otherwise. :D I also honestly thought of a slightly more majestic Crystal Onix when seeing Steelix. So that kind of brought back some memories which was pretty cool. :)

Anyway I think having Mega Glalie would be awesome for Glalie in general. Being completely overshadowed by Froslass must be really tough on the pokemon's popularity and usage. :(

Also @ the Mega Sunrock and Lunatone rumours, that's actually pretty clever if Gamefreak ever decided to implement them. Can't say that I ever thought of the mega forms being created but it makes sense for two of the 'holy beings' of our world to get a mega evolution. So hopefully they decide to put it in the actual game instead of messing around with the concept in demo. :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • (such as the rainbow spikes on steelix which feel really out of place)

I'm glad somebody agrees with me on that. It's absolutely absurd to me. If they made it a Fairy-type for some strange reason it would possibly make sense, but otherwise, no.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I'm glad somebody agrees with me on that. It's absolutely absurd to me. If they made it a Fairy-type for some strange reason it would possibly make sense, but otherwise, no.

I like how steelix "looks" but did the spikes need to be rainbow? I mean comeon if u wanted them to be gems make them like a solid color not rainbow! Also is lejion still here? I mean i havent seen him in the club yet just wondering since hes the leader :)

Years
  • Spoiler:

Most up to date pics each receives a new ability steel is gets sand force and glalie receives refrigerate. Both were found in the demos so over the next few days new Megas may be revealed. Ik theres been speculation about Solrock Lunatone and flygon which i think there may be Megas for them but nothing has leaked yet from the demos or anywhere so so far no one can say theyre real or not.

I kinda like both. Glalie's design kinda freaked me out at first but it grew on me quick enough. Steelix on the other hand, looks really beautiful with those crystals sticking out. Both have some pretty nice abilities as well, especially Glalie's Refrigerate making its Explosions pretty much hard to resist thanks to Ice hitting a fair amount of things hard for neutral damage.

Steelix is ironically one of those Pokemon I never care about, but the Mega is definitely making me view it differently. Same with Glalie, it was something I never liked much but now I may be liking it because of the Mega.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Username: PumpJack
    Partner:
    banettemega_zps8dfae155.png

Reason: Although not entirely on board with the whole Mega thing yet (some just kick already powerful 'Mons right up into and past Ubers, just extrapolating the already narrow roster of overused/abused Pokémon for competitive play- we need some variety in the teams), there is the other side of the coin, where it helped pull some otherwise good 'Mons with wasted potential away from the mire of totally, totally useless.

Now some of my favourite 'Mons; Mawile and Beedrill are the first to come to mind- aren't laughing stocks anymore.

Now if only Delcatty could get a Fairy typing and a Mega.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Username: PumpJack
    Partner:
    banettemega_zps8dfae155.png

Reason: Although not entirely on board with the whole Mega thing yet (some just kick already powerful 'Mons right up into and past Ubers, just extrapolating the already narrow roster of overused/abused Pokémon for competitive play- we need some variety in the teams), there is the other side of the coin, where it helped pull some otherwise good 'Mons with wasted potential away from the mire of totally, totally useless.

Now some of my favourite 'Mons; Mawile and Beedrill are the first to come to mind- aren't laughing stocks anymore.

Now if only Delcatty could get a Fairy typing and a Mega.

Welcome aboard, Pumpjack! :)

I'd have to agree with the skyrocketing of different pokemon attaining megas. They're generally used to give underrated pokemon the needed kick into popularity/better stats but then there's also the boost to already powerful enough mons. Though I guess it balances out in the end, so it'll probably always benefit both sides. I guess the downfall of that comes with what you mentioned - while there are new possibilities of what could happen in a battle or what mega form a trainer could possibly use - it's very narrowing and restricts the meta of pokemon found in competitive play. :(

Also your taste in mega forms are ridiculously similar to mine. ;v; I love Mega Banette, Beedrill and Mawile. Though I've never considered a Mega Delcatty, I'd certainly be happy to see one created! Something that could bring out its inner glammer - whether that'd be portrayed through sparkly/shiny parts of its design, would definitely help. Also just adding to the general fur flow/cuteness of the overall design would definitely make it a viable fairy mega. Throw in some free power spike and you've got yourself a more viable than ever kitty cat. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Username: Velveteenwolf
    Partner: Mega Houndoom
    Reason: Why do you want to join? I love how mega evolution is changing how the game is played and the potential of making normal or uncool Pokemon standout. I feel like its giving already introduced pokemon a second chance to dazzle Pokemon fans, new ones and old ones. Plus, they are so cool and Charizard is finaly the dragon it really is!

Answer a topic:
    I have the potential of mega evoliving all x and y mega evolutions. I love all the released and confirmed Mega Evolutions. I love the slowpoke line and its mega evolution is so comedic. Mega Audino is so beautiful and I just love Pidgeot. It may not look that different, which most of them don't change that much and even charizard x is the shiny version color, but It is one of my favorite and one I used constantly in Pokemon Yellow. I hope Ash's Pidgeot finally returns to the show, since he stopped showing up since Ash started using charizard. Mega beedril is awesome and even though its not an electric type it shares the pattern. I love electric types and would love to see if the type change to electric.

Add: I actually have played the demo of AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby. I really love the Mega Sceptile and Swampert. Mega Gailie grew on me once I kept using it, but I really all new pokemon and evolutions need to grow on you before you start to like them. I actually like the rainbow on Mega Steelix. I think it makes it look strong, like energy being built up. Also diamonds tend to reflect rainbows when hit by light.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to mega-evolution club, Wolf! Yeah, both Mega-Sceptile and Swampert are quite impressing.

Personally, I'm planning to give latter a try first and foremost. One reason to this is because I'm a bigger fan of Swampert in general; its design seems to be a lot suitable for it, and while battling, it's not very tough to utilize. It's built to be a tank, which, I believe, does the job quite well; able to endure a ton of hits, and strike back even harder. Its mega form would make it even better, from looks of it, as it's gaining boost in offenses.

What I like most about Mega-Sceptile is its typing; I've always wanted to see this Pokémon become part dragon-type, and now that this is actually a thing, it's literally a dream come true. Plus, I feel that Sceptile is a little underutilized when it comes to competitive battling and whatnot; hopefully, its mega-evolution form shall help give Sceptile the boost it deserves.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i agree! Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert are both amazing, and i really love the improvements to both designs - and Sceptile's typing as well, of course. and it fits so well for it to be a dragon, since it was already a reptile and stuff... i don't know, after seeing it in action in the demo i got really excited!

i'd pick Treecko in ORAS if it wasn't for the fact that my rival would get Torchic then. so i think i'll get Mudkip just so i can see both Swampert and Sceptile in action whenever we battle! is that weird?
    ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If none of us mind, I'll go ahead and throw a new topic in here, aha. So, apparently, there are said to be seven unannounced mega-evolutions in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Personally, I believe this is a great thing, because if they'd introduced all prior to release, it would take fun of discovery away, which is something that many of us look forward to when playing new games.

Within these unannounced megas, which Pokémon are you hoping to see them give a mega-evolution to? How would you expect it to look? What kind of ability do you expect it to have, and if it's going to get any type-change, what would its new typing be? How would its overall stats seem? Is this Pokémon going to gain any new attacks so that it'd be able to take better advantage of its form?

Me--I would love it if Flygon were to gain a mega. I understand that they've already given us a couple of dragon-type mega-evolution forms in ORAS--Salamence and Altaria, namely--I don't believe it'd hurt if they had released one more. Plus, Flygon is very popular among fans, so it would be rather advantageous. For ability, I hope to see it get Moxie, and in terms of stats, it'd be nice if it had gained slight Attack and Speed boosts. Design-wise, perhaps they could have it seem more swift-looking?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Within these unannounced megas, which Pokémon are you hoping to see them give a mega-evolution to?

Flygon end of story.

Ok, I do wonder if they'll give Plusle and Minun Megas since they are fairly popular. Also I wonder if they'll give Dusknoir a Mega since Banette and Sableye each got one.

Years
  • Within these unannounced megas, which Pokémon are you hoping to see them give a mega-evolution to?

I could type a long list, but some of the megas I'm hoping for are Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Seviper, Zangoose, Dusknoir, Umbreon, and Espeon.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Just a little heads up, Leijon asked if someone could take over the club since she's not as active in it as she thought she'd be, so if someone wants to, let me know!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    I think it would be awesome to have all Eevee and all Eeveeloutions to mega evolve. Not sure what they would look like. Personally I would love more electric mega evolutions, like Pikachu or Raichu. Would love Mega slowking. If they can add two megas to one pokemon, they can add it to a evolution line. I also think it would be cool if Primal Reversion is counted seperate from mega evolution, that way you could evolve both.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • On the subject of Flygon, do you think it's possible that they'd make Mega Flygon Bug/Dragon? That would really intrigue me.

Back