• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A bit of poison on my blade, then let's go!"

pkmin3033

What are some of your favourite and least favourite repeated lines in video games? What makes you smile every time you hear it, and what makes you wish that you could mute that specific character so you wouldn't have to hear them utter the same words each and every time you do whatever that triggers their infuriating voice to spout their inane babble?

For anyone curious, this topic title was brought to you by Vasco from Greedfall. Because using "HEY! LISTEN!" or "Now it's Reyn time!" would be too obvious for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I like a lot of the post battle dialogs between party members in the Xenoblade series. It kinda allows the characters to show a little more of their appreciation towards each other, even if this little gimmick never actually has any influence on any mechanic.

I don't remember any pieces of repeated lines that I dislike, but there most likely are enough that aren't worth remembering. Like the entirety of NPC dialog in Skyrim.

Years
  • While I had no problems with the minigame this line is said in, I like "Trouble with the trolley, eh?" from Spyro 2.

Otherwise, I don't think there are any repeated lines that I like or dislike.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Cannot think of too many.

Favorites:
    - Tomi Undergallows from Neverwinter Nights after dying: "There was this bright tunnel, and my mother was there...and then it was like 'Yoink! Not yet, stupid!' and I was back here. Weird, huh?" Emphasizes the "Yoink! Not yet, stupid!" part in a humorous way.
    - Minsc from Baldur's Gate while attacking: "Go for the eyes, Boo!" (Some context: A ranger with their hamster, Boo.)
    - Khalid from Baldur's Gate while panicking: "Better part of valor! Better part of valor!" Likes it for the excuse to run.
    - Beruka from Fire Emblem: Fates on a critical: "Finishing the mission!". Applies double if the last combat of the mission.
    - Mae from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia upon being selected at medium health: "Sure, I'm still hyper. Let's go!" Delivers the second sentence well.

Disliked:
    - Every vendor in Skyrim: "Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures." Visited vendors often. Heard it many times.
    - Nearly all of Xelha's normal spells from Baten Kaitos. "Wind, Blow!" "Aqua, Burst!" "Light, Flare!" Pauses too much between words. Sounds as if they were not recorded together.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I like in Skyrim when you've summoned Lucien Lachance and then go to Riften with him and he says:
    "I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse, so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange." 🖤🖤
    Definitely my favorite of his sayings, though most of what he says is golden.
    "Perhaps we should find a random stranger to murder. Practice does make perfect." 🖤 Love that one, too.

And I oddly enjoyed Cicero's random quotes, too.
    "♪ If I chance upon a cat, I'll feed its corpse to my pet rat ♪"
    "♪ Ohh, if I spy a singing bird ♪ I'll snap its neck before it's heard ♪ Hehehe!"

That said, I had to mod the game to get them to speak LESS. And I can NOT stand games wherein the characters repeat the same thing over and over, ala Hearthstone. It's sooooo annoying.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Back when I was a League of Legends nut, I always found it a joy to play Garen and to a smaller extent, Katarina. Both of their lines are just delivered so well and it was fun spamming their lines at the enemy.

As for lines I can't stand, I promise that I would pay the Genshin Impact devs to turn off NPC dialogue. I really, really, really, really, really don't want to hear "Ad astra ab-" or "Maybe if you-" ever again.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I've played like 800 hours of Dishonored and if I had a nickel for every time I heard a guard say "Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?" I'd have... quite a lot of nickels.

H e a p.

Banned
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    I dislike Touken Ranbu's english tagline. It aged like cheese thanks to the release ads.
    (I still don't want to play it.)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    My favorite and least favorite simultaneously:

"Do you get to the Cloud District very often? What am I saying, of course you don't".

Back