• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Will this be your first time experiencing Sinnoh?

Years
  • DPPt came out when in was in my final years of high schooling, when I wasn't really into Pokemon. I grew out of that phase after but it did mean I never went back to play Gen IV. So this'll be my first time and I'm pumped for it.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • Diamond was my first game and i played the hell out of it (i distinctly remember having a lopunny, and an infernape somewhere in the 50s by the time i hit byron, and no other mons) sure i was a stupid kid at the time but it was still great fun. And i'm looking forward to see how they approach this, ORAS wasn't terrible on its own merits but i'm still hoping for something closer to HGSS quality

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i've played through sinnoh a few times but never during the actual hype of it so it'll be interesting playing sinnoh during the hype this time around haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Played through Diamond when it was released, never played through Platinum though. Hope it has Platinum elements from what I have heard, as it seems the two originals lacked type variety and had some flaws.

Years
  • It won't be new to me either. I played both Pearl and Platinum shortly after release and also fully replayed them once or twice over the years.
    They were also far from my first or last Pokémon games in general (I've been playing Pokémon quite literally my entire life, since Gen 1), but Sinnoh happens to be my favorite region of all, so I'm especially looking forward to those remakes :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    For me this will be my 5th adventure in the Sinnoh region. My first Pokemon game was Diamond. I was a nine year old kid. Through the years I have played Platinum twice and just last year played through Diamond again. Excited to return to my Pokemon roots!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Nope, and Sinnoh was when I first joined PC here and started trading online too, since it was the first time trading worldwide was possible!
    I had played the draggish Diamond (It was honestly sloooooooooooow) and Platinum. Generation 4 have by far been my most favourite generation (Topped it up with HGSS back then!).

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Won't be the first time remotely, I can't even remember how many times I played the Sinnoh games it was that many!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nope, but I am ashamed to admit that I've only played a Sinnoh game fully once... And I didn't even play the post-game........................ I still love it though! Platinum might be the best pokémon game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    I've seen bunches of people comment online lately that they've never played the Sinnoh games and are excited to try them out for the first time through BDSP. Of course, many others have also experienced the originals, so this won't be the first time they step foot in the region.

Will this be your first time playing a Sinnoh game, or have you played before?

I have to admit I never played the Sinnoh games. I don't understand why there are people who loves to lie on this type of question.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nope! Not at all!! Funnily enough, the Sinnoh games were what got me back into playing, when I first started Secondary/high school.
    They were a fun series of games. I hope it's an enjoyable and fun experience for those who haven't ventured in this region yet.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Pokemon Platinum was the first Pokemon game I ever owned myself so not the first time around! I had begged my parents for months after seeing my sister playing Pokemon Emerald as a child and they bought me the latest Pokemon game at the time and the guidebook for it. It was my 8th birthday present and the gift that I would say has had the most impact on my life. I loved it so much and sunk hundreds of hours into it. I also made friends in elementary school at the time from Pokemon and later on when I joined PC at 10 to discuss Pokemon. I definitely have a lot of fond memories attached to it having brought it along on many roadtrips, battling my friends and also just the people I've been able to meet because Pokemon Platinum got me into the series has been incredible. Life and who I am now would definitely be so different because of its indirect impact. I hope anyone playing it for the first time gets as much meaning from the remakes :D

Years
  • my first pokemon game was pokèmon diamond when I was 7 years old lol. And I have always loved that game and almost anyone asked me for help with the story and their games back in the days, so I would say it's like my 17th time in Sinnoh lol. Anyway, I have an advice for everyone who has never played Sinnoh games: play pokemon platinum, it may just offer even more than what those remakes will offer in future...

Years
  • This won't be my first rodeo, played both Diamond and Platinum. I didn't keep track of how many times I played through them so I don't remember.

The only gripe was the slow walking speed.

Rye the Shy

Basic Boot
    Years
    • They/Them
    • :)
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    My memory of that generation is super faulty. I know I played it, but I've never finished any games from that gen. I don't remember even getting to the first gym.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I started in Unova, but went back to play Platinum one time, and it was actually a challenge here on PC. I've actually transferred the team all the way to HOME (Umbreon, Crobat, Bronzong, Quagsire, Glalie, Drifblim). Sadly other than that I can't say I remember much of it -- using Zubat alone against Roark; catching Drifloon at that one place on that one day of the week; that, uh, I wanna say cathedral, where it's quiet? Three lakes??

Back