• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Video Games Christmas Bonanza

Years
  • Video Games
    Winter Bonanza!

Hi everyone! It's the wonderful month of December; a time for snow, cold and most importantly: presents!

Of course, PokéCommunity has to join in the fun, we here at Video Games have got two super exciting events for you, all about giving to one another during this festive period (and by that I mean contributing to our already massive Steam library backlogs yaaaaaaaaay). Those two events are the Video Game Secret Santa and the the Video Game Festive Giveaway!

Video Games Secret Santa

It's back! In this event, you'll signup to be in a group of PC users that will then be secretly given a user to provide a gift for (we advise checking the user's Wishlist), then gifts will be anonymously exchanged via our PC Secret Santa Steam account (profile can be found here)! If you wish to sign up, as the Steam sale is on from December 22nd, we will be having this run from December 22nd - December 31st and then gifts will be exchanged on New Year's Day.

A few things to be aware of:

• Maximum gift amount is to be $20
      [*]ONLY enter if you are financially able to provide a gift - no one likes being the person left out!
      [*]You can choose if you want to provide more than one gift, as long as it doesn't go over the maximum amount.
      [*]Please use the time between now and December 22nd (and during the sale!) to update your Steam wishlists accordingly.

If you are entering the Secret Santa, please post the following:

Username:
    Steam Username:
    Genres that you like (Roguelike, RPG, etc - optional but if you think it will help your Secret Santa then go for it!):

If you are stuck, please do give either myself, IV or Austin a shout!

Video Game Festive Giveaway

More gifts, yay! This one is much simpler - sign up and be put into a prize draw, where three lucky users will be picked on Christmas Day and will then receive a gift - within reason - of your choosing!

A few rules etc. here:

• Gift amount will equate to $20 (schedule to change).
      [*]This can be ANYTHING of your choice that is easily redeemable (Nintendo Store, Games on Steam/EGS and such, Riot Points etc).
      [*]If it is something where we will need to transfer monies to you then you must have a functioning Paypal account.

To enter, all you need to do is post in the thread using the following template:

Username:
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice):
    Favourite game:
    Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!):

Posts that do not follow at least the first three lines will NOT be eligible for entry.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Secret Santa
    Username: Roni
    Steam Username: bodoy
    Genres that you like: Turn-based RPGs, Platformers, Pixel games, a little RTS

Giveaway
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Steam Game or Digital Steam Gift Card
    Favourite game: BeamNG.drive
    Why is it your favourite game: Been a fan since 2015. Love the realistic destruction physics of cars <3

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'm not sure if I can afford to do secret santa this year, because 20 dollars is a lot in my currency. But, hope everybody doing it have fun!

And here's my entry for giveaway

Username: Pikaboo
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Switch eShop
    Favourite game: Spacechem
    Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I like puzzle games and the lore is kinda neat. Really, I like most Zachtronics games.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • ok my brain is less mush now I can sign up properly

Username: IV
    Steam Username: Kurosaki (I think it's more helpful to put the steamlink in there aswell, just in case someone has a name that 32479234 other steam users use too and its like finding a needle in a haystack :) )
    Genres that you like (Roguelike, RPG, etc - optional but if you think it will help your Secret Santa then go for it!): RTS, FPS, racing games

Years
  • I'm not sure if I can afford to do secret santa this year, because 20 dollars is a lot in my currency. But, hope everybody doing it have fun!

Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I like puzzle games and the lore is kinda neat. Really, I like most Zachtronics games.

To clarify, it's not that you have to spend that amount, it's a cap so that people don't feel bad if someone decides to gift them like a $60 AAA title or something, so if you decide to gift something that's only say $1-$2 then that's completely fine!

Years
  • Secret Santa
    Username: Janp
    Steam Username: Janp
    Genres that you like: Anything with unique concepts, ideas, mechanics, story...

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I'll enter the giveaway now and think about maybe entering the Secret Santa at a later date!

Username: .hack
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Eshop Voucher
    Favourite game: Pokemon Crystal
    Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I can replay it forever and still love it just as much, literally my perfect game.

Years
  • I'll try the giveaway

Username: Priscilla Kelly
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Xbox Voucher
    Favourite game: Forza Horizon 3
    Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I love racing games, and this takes place in the outback Australia making it one of the best open world racing games ever made in this series.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Secret Santa
    Username: Cherrim
    Steam Username: Cherrim
    Genres that you like: Indie games, puzzle games, RPGs... I keep a hefty wishlist on steam with all manner of genres and price points tho :)

Years
  • Forgot I was supposed to enter - oops!

Secret Santa
    Username: Arcaneum
    Steam Username: Mothra
    Genres that you like (Roguelike, RPG, etc - optional but if you think it will help your Secret Santa then go for it!): Roguelike, RPGs, Puzzle, Indie games - will make sure wishlist is up to date!

Years
  • Spoiler:

Hi all - letting you know the drawing is now over and you'll be receiving your DMs shortly with who your Secret Santa is! I've updated the main post with the PC Santa Steam account to gift to, but if there's any issues with that then let me know (you may have to wait like 3 days because Steam is stoopid).

I'll enter the giveaway now and think about maybe entering the Secret Santa at a later date!

Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I can replay it forever and still love it just as much, literally my perfect game.

Hello! I know you said about joining later on so just wanted to make sure that was still the case? If so, just shout and I can sort things out, dw :)

Years
  • I'm not sure if I can afford to do secret santa this year, because 20 dollars is a lot in my currency. But, hope everybody doing it have fun!

I'll enter the giveaway now and think about maybe entering the Secret Santa at a later date!

I'll try the giveaway

Username: Priscilla Kelly
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Xbox Voucher
    Favourite game: Forza Horizon 3
    Why is it your favourite game (optional, but would be fun to see thoughts!): I love racing games, and this takes place in the outback Australia making it one of the best open world racing games ever made in this series.

Hi all,

Just notifying you that you were the lucky winners of our VG giveaway this year! Over the next few days, we'll be in touch to discuss getting those prizes over to you. Congrats!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Oh, nice. I never win anything, lol.

Thanks and congratulations to the other winners!

Years
  • Secret Santa
    Username: Cherrim
    Steam Username: Cherrim
    Genres that you like: Indie games, puzzle games, RPGs... I keep a hefty wishlist on steam with all manner of genres and price points tho :)

Secret Santa
    Username: Janp
    Steam Username: Janp
    Genres that you like: Anything with unique concepts, ideas, mechanics, story...

ok my brain is less mush now I can sign up properly

Username: IV
    Steam Username: Kurosaki (I think it's more helpful to put the steamlink in there aswell, just in case someone has a name that 32479234 other steam users use too and its like finding a needle in a haystack :) )
    Genres that you like (Roguelike, RPG, etc - optional but if you think it will help your Secret Santa then go for it!): RTS, FPS, racing games

Secret Santa
    Steam Username: bodoy
    Genres that you like: Turn-based RPGs, Platformers, Pixel games, a little RTS

Giveaway
    Prize to be redeemed (game/voucher/etc of choice): Steam Game or Digital Steam Gift Card
    Favourite game: BeamNG.drive
    Why is it your favourite game: Been a fan since 2015. Love the realistic destruction physics of cars <3

Hi all - apologies but it seems the way that we normally have done this isn't actually possible anymore because Steam is stupid and changed everything, meaning what happens is that I now have all these gifts that can only go to my account. So I'm just in the process of returning all of these gifts back to you (in case you see the random Steam refunds) and then I know it defeats the point of it being "secret" but if you can then gift directly to your recipient, any issues just let me know... sorry about this again, I had checked a fair few things which all said this was possible but I found like one thing tucked away today which says due to changes gifts can't then be like, re-distributed if I haven't claimed them which is a ballache.

Erica, you won't need to worry as I redeemed the game you got as a tester, so I will instead pay and gift that one to the relevant person.

If there's any issues please let me know and sorry again!!!!!!

Back