• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you lived in the Pokémon world...

Years
I was watching the anime yesterday and had an interesting thought. I wondered who my starter would have been if my age corresponded with the newest generation at the time. For example, I was 11 in 2009, which would put me in the Sinnoh region. My starter would have been Chimchar.

I think this is interesting as the three available to you when you were 11 may not have been your favourites, but nonetheless those were the starters made available to you. What about you guys? Who would your starter have been?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I was 11 when the show began in the US in 1998 actually. I would've chosen Bulbasaur, even though I do consider Squirtle to be my favorite since Bulbasaur is loyal and a tough fighter.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I was 11 in 1999 so I guess it still falls under 1st Gen. Can't say I have a favorite when it comes to Gen 1 starters so I think I'd go with Squirtle just because having an early water-type is always handy.

pkmin3033

I was nine when the games were first released, so I would have had a few months of agonising wait. I probably would have picked Bulbasaur though, because I picked Charmander in Red and the first two Gyms gave me one hell of a time, and I wouldn't have wanted that to happen on my actual journey. xD

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Why 11 and not 10?

Anyways, at 11 I would've been either in Sinnoh or Unova; it was right between the two. I would've picked either Piplup or Oshawott. Personal preference is Sinnoh.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
Years
I'm right there with you Cobalt. However, if I was in Sinnoh, I'd pick Turtwig, and if I was in Unova, I'd have picked Snivy.

50px-House_Arryn.svg.png

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If I can still do basic arithmetic, I was 11 in 2003, the year Ruby/Sapphire came out, so it'd be Hoenn/Gen 3 starters.

although I had started playing back in Gen 1

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
When I was 11... so 2004? Gen 3 or Gen 1 remake?

If gen 3 (2003), I'll choose Turtwig :3
If gen 1, then it's Squirtle!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I turned 11 in 2006, when Game Freak was in the process of revealing Gen 4. However, I think I'd end up in the Hoenn region. While I love all of the Hoenn starters, I'd probably pick Torchic, since it'd allow me to use Lotad without type redundancy.

Cheetara89

Filthy, filthy casual player of games
Years
Oh lordy, when was I 11? Man, back in 2000, when they released Pokemon 2000: The Power of One, and Gold and Silver. I stand by my choice, and I'll do it again: Cyndaquil. All the freaking way, Cyndaquil. I love my little Fire Mouse.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
The closest to me would be ruby/sapphire. I chose Torchic back then, but if I played again I'd go with Treecko.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
i turned 11 in 2010, so during the hg/ss release. cyndaquil is my favourite starter of them all so i'm entirely happy with this :' )

Back