• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you watch let’s plays or other gaming video content?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I used to watch a lot of LPs. I stopped about five years ago when it finally dawned on me how much the medium had changed. Gone where the days when focus was on the games and providing information about them (aka a walkthrough) and instead it shifted to the person playing it. For better or worse: it did not resonate with me.

There's the occasional LP I watch, usually by people who still focus on the old way of showing of the game, not themselves. My main interest nowadays, when it comes to gaming content, lies in watching essays or analysis of certain aspects of games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I only watch people who seem really funny. Currently, I think Shenpai's videos and her laugh are a riot

Years
  • interestingly... i don't! i think i watch short gameplay videos of specific games just to know what i'm getting into before i make a purchase decision, but i'm not big into let's players or streamers or anything like that. o:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Yes. Typically prefers multiplayer games. Rarely experiences that side. Watches to see how someone approaches familiar games too. Gained a new appreciation for Civilization 6 that way. Catches speedruns (from Games Done Quick) from a huge scattershot of games occasionally as well. Finds it interesting how one can zip through a game, be it through bugs, strategy, or skill.

Years
  • Yeah, I watch a lot of Game Grumps. Used to watch a lot of ShadyPenguinn and TheKingNappy too but I lost my interest in Shady, and Nappy... well, ya know.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I usually dislike LP channels, probably just because I'm outside the demographic of young kids they cater to. I only really watch them when it's a game that has a good story that I can't play myself, like Persona 5. Besides that I'm more interested in game analysis and critique channels like Writing on Games or Noah Caldwell-Gervais.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I used to watch tons of LPs when I was younger. My sister is a few years older than me so she got into LPs first and would introduce them to me. We'd watch them together after school before our parents came home, we'd even put them on the TV sometimes and just relax and eat snacks. We've watched a lot of different games, just whatever seems fun and if we like the personality of the Youtuber!

I can't say I keep up with LPs that often these days. I would love to get back into watching LPs but I find it hard to have the time to dedicate to an entire series. I still watch people play video games sometimes if I'm curious, often I'll watch LPs of horror games as I'm interested in the plot/gameplay but way too scared to play it directly myself. So at least with LPs I can look away if I get scared or hide in the comment section if I need to :D

Years
  • Periodically I will watch LP's, most of the time I will skip around the lp to find an area I'm having issues in a game I'm playing to see what I am missing if I watch an lp of a game I'm playing.

Years
  • They have been a good time killer for when I shiny breed. Outside of that I don't really watch any.
    Usually only watch them for games I've already played too.

Back