• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumb moments and screw ups

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anybody have any stories of embarrassing moments or screw ups?

I shared this on here once, but here it goes again. I was bantering on text, just normal teenager stuff. I flipped him off with Mr. Rodgers. Except opps I sent it straight to my mother. (who had texted me around the same time).

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hahahahaha oh no I hope you were OK after that, my mum would never let me hear the end of it. Hmm my most memorable embarrassing moment would be when we had sex education in 6th grade. Being 11 and at the peak of maturity, I could not stop laughing when the teacher was talking about the name of private parts with such seriousness. So I was trying to laugh quietly but I think the teacher noticed I couldn't stop laughing so she stopped the class and literally made me repeat all the words with her until I could say it with a straight face (which took over 10 tries not to bust a lung). She wasn't too happy about that, honestly embarrassing in hindsight but something I still remember all these years later. :'D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hahahahaha oh no I hope you were OK after that, my mum would never let me hear the end of it. Hmm my most memorable embarrassing moment would be when we had sex education in 6th grade. Being 11 and at the peak of maturity, I could not stop laughing when the teacher was talking about the name of private parts with such seriousness. So I was trying to laugh quietly but I think the teacher noticed I couldn't stop laughing so she stopped the class and literally made me repeat all the words with her until I could say it with a straight face (which took over 10 tries not to bust a lung). She wasn't too happy about that, honestly embarrassing in hindsight but something I still remember all these years later. :'D

Oh luckily she was fine. Her reply was just "I don't Mr. Rodgers would flip me off". I tried to save myself by saying "Uh hey I was wondering if you think this gif is real, or if mr rodgers ever actually did this"? When I saw her in person, I just admitted it was meant for someone else. Her response was "I was confused about why you randomly sent that". So yeah she was okay with it, thankfully.

And I remember that class in 8th grade. It was the end of the school day, teacher kept turning the lights off for videos so I would constantly use that class for sleeping. There was an embarrassing moment online in a chatroom when someone asked "do you even know what sex means" and I said kissing. Now I realize why they were suspecting that I was under 13.

Years
  • Besides my life?

Joking aside, I've spilled iced capp or iced coffee on myself too many times to count, right in the middle of everyone. The workers were nice enough to refill it.
    Had a small breakdown at a family thing and my step mother said I was "ruining the day". Like damn bitch I know you married my dad and not me but you don't have to be some Cinderella shit.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Had to really think about this, but there's multiple. I chose this one, as it was the one that just embarrassed me the most.

I was travelling by train home about 4 years ago, I was extremely exhausted because it was a long day, full of lectures, but I ended up drifting off. I ended up nearly falling sleep on some strangers shoulder, then jolt panicked myself awake, then realising what had just happened. Had to sit next to them for about another 15 minutes before excusing myself through to get off of the train at my stop.

Screw ups tho. I'll mention my recent one, which was accidently spilling about 2 litres of an 8 litre bottle of blue milk on the floor, some dirty clothes and the washing machine as I was about to pour a smidge of it into my tea.

But that's about it.

Years
  • I forgot to pay one of my bills this week--that would be the phone/internet/cable one. It only came to my attention when I picked up the phone this morning and had no service. I am all caught up now, but still, this has been a clumsy week for me-- just got distracted again and let my poor toast burn as I wrote this.

I bumped into a door this week too at one point.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    There was the time I ordered food ... to an address on the other side of the city because I forgot to change the address on the app after the last time I ordered.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I had 400 dollars on the Cincinnati Reds the other night to win around 500 (bet them live at +135 odds or something like that). The game was tied 3 to 3 in the 7th or 8th inning, I got scared thinking the Reds would lose so I cashed out my bet to get my money back.

The Reds went on to win that game...

Also selling my 3DS was a massive regret. I would be playing USUM B2W2 or ORAS right now if I didn't part ways with it.

Lastly all the mean things I've said to my family members and friends.

Those are among my 3 biggest regrets. If I didn't do all those things my life would be a lot better right now but you can't go back in time. Just have to learn from your mistakes and be better in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had a period of severe anxiety during the last year of uni and it created some really embarrassing moments I wish I could forget. The worst being out for a class on one day and then coming in the next to find out everyone had to present their paper idea to the class.

I have severe presentation phobia and being caught off guard with having to present out of the blue made my heart rate skyrocket. Even worse, the professor was going from right to left and asked me to present first since I sat rightmost of the whole class. In my panic I asked him without thinking to take my paper draft and present it for me since I didn't want to do it uugh... that didn't go well of course, he just demanded I go up to do it myself so I did. Embarrassing as heck. Was red-faced the entire time and the whole class was staring at me as I presented in awkward silence. As soon as I finished and he moved to the next person I went to the bathroom next door to lock myself in a stall and wait for the class to end since I was too ashamed to stay in the room with others probably judging me lol, then got my stuff when they all left. I ended up just emailing him making up that someone in my family died and asking I be allowed to not present anything in class for the rest of the semester. Felt awful lying but I was so terrified of public speaking because of my awful anxiety at the time that I just couldn't handle doing it. Kept that lie up for the entire year for other classes until I graduated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There's undoubtedly plenty, but I'm currently drawing a blank.

I had a period of severe anxiety during the last year of uni and it created some really embarrassing moments I wish I could forget. The worst being out for a class on one day and then coming in the next to find out everyone had to present their paper idea to the class.

I have severe presentation phobia and being caught off guard with having to present out of the blue made my heart rate skyrocket. Even worse, the professor was going from right to left and asked me to present first since I sat rightmost of the whole class. In my panic I asked him without thinking to take my paper draft and present it for me since I didn't want to do it uugh... that didn't go well of course, he just demanded I go up to do it myself so I did. Embarrassing as heck. Was red-faced the entire time and the whole class was staring at me as I presented in awkward silence. As soon as I finished and he moved to the next person I went to the bathroom next door to lock myself in a stall and wait for the class to end since I was too ashamed to stay in the room with others probably judging me lol, then got my stuff when they all left. I ended up just emailing him making up that someone in my family died and asking I be allowed to not present anything in class for the rest of the semester. Felt awful lying but I was so terrified of public speaking because of my awful anxiety at the time that I just couldn't handle doing it. Kept that lie up for the entire year for other classes until I graduated.

I'm not the best example, but I usually just declined if I was asked to present something in front of the class 😅
    I mean... it is an option =p Though if it's for a grade you'd get a bad grade ofc. I didn't care as I could just make up for any bad grades I got from presentations xD

Years
  • I'm not the best example, but I usually just declined if I was asked to present something in front of the class 😅
    I mean... it is an option =p Though if it's for a grade you'd get a bad grade ofc. I didn't care as I could just make up for any bad grades I got from presentations xD

I couldn't decline sadly, these were all mandatory presentations. If it was possible to just say no I would have done so. D: Maybe things are done differently in schools over there but in the US they can require you to present pretty much anytime, from primary school through university.

Years
  • I couldn't decline sadly, these were all mandatory presentations. If it was possible to just say no I would have done so. D: Maybe things are done differently in schools over there but in the US they can require you to present pretty much anytime, from primary school through university.

Well technically it's part of the curriculum here, so it's kinda mandatory in that sense. And Declining is not something most people will do or even think of. I mean it's not like they ask if you wanna do it. They basically tell you to do it.
    However, after doing it a couple times initially and locking up and embarrassing myself I just started blatantly refusing it. The teachers definitely did not not like it, however, it's not like they can actually do anything other than give you a bad grade here. If they use physical force they'll get their butt fired after all. I've ticked of plenty of teachers in High school this way 😅

Makes me curious what they can do to force you over there. Maybe expulsion? They never even brought something like that up here. They just went 'you get a 1'.

Our phobia's for presentations sound quite alike if not the same =o
    Anyway not a pleasant subject I suppose for either of us so I'm just gonna shaddup now 😬

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well technically it's part of the curriculum here, so it's kinda mandatory in that sense. And Declining is not something most people will do or even think of. I mean it's not like they ask if you wanna do it. They basically tell you to do it.
    However, after doing it a couple times initially and locking up and embarrassing myself I just started blatantly refusing it. The teachers definitely did not not like it, however, it's not like they can actually do anything other than give you a bad grade here. If they use physical force they'll get their butt fired after all. I've ticked of plenty of teachers in High school this way 😅

Makes me curious what they can do to force you over there. Maybe expulsion? They never even brought something like that up here. They just went 'you get a 1'.

Our phobia's for presentations sound quite alike if not the same =o
    Anyway not a pleasant subject I suppose for either of us so I'm just gonna shaddup now 😬

Ahhh I see makes sense. I'm too introverted and hate making a scene, so rejecting them after being pressured to go up and present will be really embarrassing and make the class even more awkward. So I just gave in and did it to save myself from that embarrassment. Wonder what would've happened if I just refused like that too, I imagine it would've been possible for some professors to literally threaten to fail you if you don't listen to them/their curriculum. x_x And no worries at all, it actually makes me happier to know I'm not alone, but I understand if it's not comfortable for you to keep talking about <3

Back