• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile gaming?

Years
  • Does anyone else play mobile games?

I personally have a fickle relationship with mobile games. I will either play them hardcore, or they'll just sit on my phone untouched for weeks/months at a time.

The current mobile games I have installed on my iPhone X are:
    Pokemon Go
    Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
    Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
    The Sims Mobile

I've probably put the most time, effort, and (embarrassingly enough) money into PGO or ACPC.
    I'm Level 23 on Pokemon Go (I stopped playing regularly in late 2016, and go months at a time without even opening the app). I played it pretty regularly from launch til late 2016, though. I actually just kinda started playing again within the past month. Part of me feels discouraged from playing again bc I feel like I'll probably never catch the limited Pokemon that were only around for a brief period of time.

As far as ACPC goes, I'm currently on level 35, and I've been playing that, too, since launch. I stopped playing right before they launched the gardening update, and actually just started playing again because of the Animal Crossing topic here/conversation with Juno. It's something to play while waiting for AC Switch.

Re: HPMM - I'm toward the end of Year 1. I just kinda stopped playing from lack of time. I do kinda wanna start again though. :x

Re: The Sims Mobile - I've only played this a handful of times, but I was initially really excited for it. In my head I thought it'd be a lot more fun than it is. Maybe I'll give it another chance one of these days.

Years
  • I have loads installed but only really play 3 now:

Pocket Camp, The Simpsons Tapped Out and 8 Ball Pool.

PC is very good, if you don't aim to collect everything it can be enjoyable. Bit repetitive but so is NL.

8 Ball Pool can sometimes be fun, but lots of people quit or try to put you off, which makes things frustrating.

Tapped Out is the game I have played the longest, I have spent around £100 on it over the years but play freemium now.

I completed Mario Run and its Remix 10 mode. Good game but lacking something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I actually prefer ports of games for other systems and emulation than actual mobile games.

I have GTA Chinatown Wars and Liberty City Stories on my phone from the Google store and have emulated Danganronpa 1 for PSP to run on it.

Years
  • I've been meaning to play more of Kingdom Hearts χ at some point when I have the motivation to. That's pretty much the only mobile game I have. :P

I used to be into Pokemon Go, but I've stopped playing some years ago because that would involve me traveling quite a distance to actually go to worthwhile pokestops which is more effort than I'd like to put in, tbh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Same as you, really, haha. I'm either so into them or not at all, and I'm currently in the "not" phase. I don't ever buy mobile games or pay for microtransactions, which I think leads to a pretty dull experience as they go on, 'cause in a lot of games they are quite a drag if you don't pay.

How is Hogwarts though?! I downloaded it and tried a little bit of it, it's kinda cute and made me very nostalgic, but it seemed a bit too kiddy to me so I stopped pretty early on (also my phone got really hot lol). Think it's worth continuing? Might just be because I was still kind of in the tutorial phase and the handholding was unbearable.

Years
  • I used to play minecraft in a mobile of someone else but as i had lost interest on both minecraft and mobile, not anymore, also i like playing more on pc than mobile.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Fate/Grand Order is really the only mobile game I've devoted any serious time into. I've been playing since it's English release last year, and for a mobile game, I find it's characters and story pretty well done.

Used to play Granblue Fantasy, but all the grinding got me burnt out only after a few months of playing. Girls Frontline is another one I've been trying to get into as well.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • I personally have a fickle relationship with mobile games. I will either play them hardcore, or they'll just sit on my phone untouched for weeks/months at a time.
    I would say I have a similar relationship to smartphone games, but I would describe more in terms of zero-sum (moreso zero these days). There was a time I would play smartphone games, but then I realized I preferred playing games on portable gaming systems versus smartphone games. Yes, I do make the distinction between the two, because I have seen instances where portable gaming systems such as PSP & DS were conflated on the same terms as smartphone via "mobile gaming".

I don't ever buy mobile games or pay for microtransactions, which I think leads to a pretty dull experience as they go on, 'cause in a lot of games they are quite a drag if you don't pay.
    I would say this describes my current relationship to smartphone gaming, and the reason why I no longer engage in ~99.99% of them on the market (besides Final Fantasy Dimensions).

There was a point I was (constantly) playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and spending money on the game (around ~$100.00 total). After awhile, I hit a breaking point for myself, got burnout from the experience, and was forced to evaluate whether it's worth progressing (considering the time & money I put into this). Of course, I came to the conclusion that I could not continue on this hamster wheel that is microtransactions, loot boxes, and/or gatcha systems. I tried getting back into after a hiatus, but I could not look at the experiences with the same vision I had back when it was novel. This has carried over to the remainder of smartphones I have checked out since.

In short, no I don't, and do not plan on to anytime soon.

Years
  • I spend most of my time playing mobile games since they're so easy and convenient to play. Primarily I focus on rhythm games like Love Live, the Idolmaster series, and Bang Dream but also have avatar games like CocoPPaPlay and Line Play, since they're so cute haha. Fire Emblem Heroes is another I've been playing since day one....even if I'm not too great at it.

Miss Pocket Camp from time to time (was around lv. 124 when I deleted it), but far too many collectibles were being restricted to Leaf Tickets. Not the type of game I felt happy playing anymore as a collector, even though I absolutely do understand they need money. Just frustrating when we went from being able to get all event items through hard work to some of them being impossible to get without spending.

TY

I sometimes play the odd game me and friends found on the store that look silly to the point we try it and one week later abandon it, otherwise no I don't play games on my phone at all.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I play GO and Fire Emblem Heroes on my phone from time to time. I played a bit of Magikarp Jump when that came out, true Duel, and also played some of AC Pocket Camp, but dropped that as well.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Im going to be shameless about it.

Thanks to Mobile Legends, i basically played almost every playable Mobile MOBA there is, including Onmyoji Arena and did what i can to have fun in every Mobile MOBA that i practically invaded.

Years
  • Gacha games are the only mobile games I play. I use to love mini-games and ports but I have less time playing those games now considering I focus more on upcoming and current PC games (and life). Mobile games are more of an away-from-home gaming escapade for me.

My love for a good few years was Puzzle & Dragons, however the power creep for the game just 'crept' too fast and I couldn't keep up with the content so I called it quits. I recently started Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, but again I can't keep up with the grind so I play at my own pace. Now I'm currently waiting for the Nintendo x Cygames mashup Dragalia Lost which is actually coming out on the 27th.

My favourite thing about stamina systems is whether you are hardcore or a casual player you can play the game at your own pace. Also it's F2P and, that they give freebies out helps a lot.

Years
  • I play Fate/Grand Order but only since it's Australian release, I really didn't play many mobile games prior to that. I tried out Fire Emblem Heroes for like a month but got disinterested pretty quickly, some people I know still play it and watching them only makes me happier with that decision to stop. I played Pokemon Go for a short time until I came to the conclusion I wouldn't be able to take it seriously living in a small town without a license.

I started Dragalia Lost recently, that ones actually pretty fun. It reminds me of a Lite Ys game. There are some bugs and some questionable decisions but it appears they actually put some effort into the core gameplay so I appreciate that.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yup! I've been playing Mystic Messenger non-stop since it's release.

I also play Pokemon GO; Phone destroyer and Animal crossing Pocket camp.
    I did have a whole string of different apps I use to play, such as Choices and Lovestruck, but I got bored of them.

Also, Yu-gi-oh Duel links(?). I didn't exactly get bored of it, but had to get rid of it, due to space, which also happened to a few of the other games I've played on mobile, e.g. Uta no prince sama's app game. Some of the apps, just ask for too much or require too much to get specific items, so it becomes quite restrictive.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I will forever shill Buriedbornes. I play it RELIGIOUSLY.

Sdorica has the benefit of being a Gacha I REALLY like. Besides those two, I'm hit or miss on most mobile games.

Back