• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] The Poke Ball Plus

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • The Poke Ball Plus

I'm sure we've all seen the Poke Ball add-on for this game. It's an accessory that works as a Switch controller for the game and includes motion controls. It also works like the PokeWalker in that you can put a Pokemon in it and carry it around with you. It also works with Pokemon Go, presumably just as a bulkier version of the Pokemon Go Plus device.

So... anyone gonna be buying this?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I know the price will be pretty hefty but I like gimmicky add-ons like this. I probably won't end up buying it but I do like the look of it which could possibly tempt me in the future.

Years
  • I might pick it up for collectors sake, but it all depends on the price and if it will be used for future pokemon games on the switch when I finally pick up one..

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • As someone who's bought two Pokemon Go Plus devices in the past (lost one on a bus and was still heavily using it at the time), I don't think I'll pick this up. I don't play Go enough anymore to justify it and I already have enough switch controllers, I don't need a gimmicky one.

Man it's cute though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't plan on getting it. I'm not a Pokemon GO fan, and these new games are going to be expensive enough as is (with the jump from 3DS pricing to Switch pricing). I don't think I'd get or use that accessory regardless, but I'm certainly not buying it at a $50 price point, which is what I believe I heard it was set for.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm getting it. I have the Go Plus so why not??? :)

Years
  • It looks nice and should have nice Pokéwalker features, but if I'll ever get Switch, I think I'll pass on this one and rather buy different joy-cons.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It's cute but I'll probably pass it up. I don't play GO and it seems costly for a gimmick I'd just have lying on my desk, haha. Maybe if I could get a decent price!

Also, I think it's waaay too small to make a good controller. Even watching the trailer gave me thumb cramps.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, that's a little too expensive.

Considering it has a lot of technology in it, maybe more than a joycon, I don't think it is too expensive... But it really looks too small for an adult person to use it :) . It was made for a hand of a child.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No way I'm gonna be seen walking around with this lol.

Years
  • I'm getting it even though I don't play Go. It reminds me of the Pokewalker so I totally want this, plus I can play the game with it. I'm a sucker for these types of peripherals.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Don't care about the price. I really want it, and I'll buy two for myself and for my boyfriend if I need to. :D

I think it's really worth getting.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Another cash grab I see. Not planning on getting this and forking over more cash for this GO pandering game. Plus you can only put Kanto pokemon in it so another reason to not buy it.

And if I walk around wearing that, people will take me less seriously than they already do. At least with the pokewalker I could stuff it in my pockets.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I dont care how much it is, i do want it. i wish it was available for pre order. it's gonna be the pokemon go plus all over again.

Back