• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DO YOU TAKE CAPITAL LETTERS AS SHOUTING?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So um, if someone made a post, or a thread with capital letters, do you take it as shouting, or someone desperate to get their point across? Or do you just accept it and not really care?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I take it as shouting. I also find it annoying whenever someone writes an entire post in caps, but meh.

When I type in caps, it usually implies shouting or a raised voice on my part, so yeah.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Um.. I take it as CRUISE CONTROL FOR THE COOL.

Haha, no I usually take it as emphasis on something. A stress or accent on a word or phrase, for example. If it's all caps, I usually take it as some sort of advertisement or official-like form.. because that's what it's technically used for.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    It depends on what's happening.

I take it as either: shouting, emphasis, warning, or notice.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I don't really care, it only bothers me if they do it on purpose or do it all of the time >:3 then it annoys me, but sometimes if it is an argument or something then someone uses caps I think they're shouting.

Bichu

←Onigiri(Rice ball) Pichu
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Aug 12, 2018
    Nope, I don't. BECAUSE I do it too. XD Sometimes I just think of it as letting a huge sigh out or something, or I'm just angry. =P Maybe it's just making my voice louder, but not to the point that it's yelling. |: =shrug=

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Yes I do. AND I FIND IT VERY ANNOYING WHEN ITS DONE. And entire post of Caps Lock is just someone yelling at the web.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • That's the funniest thing I've ever seen! Lol, poor guy or gal.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Yeah. that or as emphasis, like italics of bold

CAPS ARE LIKE MANLY AND STUFF TOO. YEAH

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Not really, but there's still something a bit bothersome about it more so than all-lowercase.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think capital letters as a way to grab attention in threads =D
    I mean the threads with the bigger bolder capital letters will always be seen first.
    But I usually use capital letters a lot

HA THIS MADE YOU LOOK HERE 8D

Years
  • Typically, I see all-caps and think more emphasis than shouting. Typically when I write something in all-caps, that's what it's for. Unless the whole sentence is in all-caps which then I take it for shouting.

Of course, reading this thread, I can't take anything in all-caps as anything other than shouting... XD

Back