• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sigilyph versus Cryogonal

What's your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Taking over polls for this week & next weeeeeeek.

Anyway so, for our third last poll, we have...

wY13y.png
48F5w.png

Which do you pick and whyyy n_n​

Last edited:

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
Years
Picked Cryogonal because its a cool looking pokemon, and i have always been asking for more ice-types in the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though Sigilyph is weak to Ice, I still went with it because of its interesting design (before anyone asks, it's partially based on the hummingbird Nazca line) and general strategy to use (its stats are offensively based, but it can pull off defensive sets somewhat well).

Years
I picked Sigilyph for the following reasons:

• I love Psychic-types more than Ice-types
  • It can pull off offense and defense effectively
  • Magic Guard FTW!
  • Awesome design
  • Has very bright color scheme
  • Its Shiny form has good coloring

561.gif
561_Sigilyph_Dream.png
561.gif

Yeah, Sigilyph is so COOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
ohh this was easy sigilyph won my vote for many reasons:
1 its design is very cool
2 its base attack and defence is higher
3 love pokemon with double types
4 and many more that i cant think of

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hnnnng. This was hard. >n<
I like them both so much <3, so it was hard to finally choose Cryogonal. It may have a weak Attack stat and a pretty dismal Special movepool, but it's movepool in general is pretty neat! If only it had a better Attack to use it. :c
But, I like it. It's a giant lovable snowflake! What's not to love about it?

blue

gucci
Years
I really like both of these Pokémon despite not using any of them yet, maybe in B2W2 but anyway.. I think I'll vote for Cryogonal. As cool as Sigilyph is I think Cryogonal looks better, that and I love Ice type Pokémon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
This was an interesting choice I had to make this time. I decided on Sigilyph because of how it can be used competitively with Stored Power and Calm Mind. Also it got bonus points because of the blog Shining Raichu made ages ago about it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Sigilyph is really kinda cool to use in the main game. I had one in my team and was surprisingly impressed by it. It has a really cool and interesting design and was one of my most-used critters when fighting the Elite Four for the first time. Cryonogal is also kinda cool looking, but because it was so rare, I never got a chance to capture one and try it for myself. That, and it being pure Ice - with aaaaaaaaall of those weaknesses that go with it - means I'm voting for the flying Aztec Psychic wind-chime thingy over the shard of ice thingy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I actually like both of them (I've heard a good amount of people dislike Cryogonal) but I'm going to pick Sigilyph. I actually think its design is great and unique and really does have a Nazca line/Inca quality to it that makes it really stand out (in a good way). And neither are very useful competitively so I can't really factor that in.

Years
I never really liked Cryogonal's design. It's always been a strain to see its face and it takes a moment to make sense of it. I dunno. That doesn't appeal to me. Siligyph though seems kinda fun and playful with all those colors. It definitely seems the better of the two.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'd have to pick Cryogonal, though I despise both of them. Sigilyph is just too awful, while Cryogonal is bad, but tolerable. With Sigilyph, you have a jack-o-lantern made of wood, with forks for arms and a tail, a giant black eye stalk extending out of its' head, weird skeletal wings, and spikes under its' eyes just for the hell of it.

With Cryogonal you have a robotic ghost snowflake.

No. just no.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Ohh, this is hard. I think I'll go with Sigilyph. I like both of their designs but I've only actually used Sigi so I'm a bit biased, but it's sooo fun to troll people with Cosmic & Stored Power on PO. It's also a really unique and intriguing design, I like Cryogonal too (and its name also sounds cool..) but I think I'll go with Sigi.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I like Sygliph more, can become pretty fun to use after CM'ing 6 times then spamming Stored Power and Roost all day lol.

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
Years
I chose Cryogonal because, It looks better than Sigilyph and also it's an ice type and there aren't many of those in all of the generations.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Despite not using either of these Pokémon (yet), I voted for Sigilyph.

The first reason is that, for some reason I can't really be sure of, I really like its design. And Cryogonal? Its just a giant snowflake, and it looked a little too intimidating to be cute for me, aha.

Another reason is just that Sigilyph can pull off being both attacking or defensive, and I really like its movepool.

Lastly, I'm planning on using it for my latest Black playthrough, so I'm hoping it is better than Cryogonal!

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
I'll have to go with Sigilyph here. It's one of the best abusers of Stored Power in the competitive metagame. Couple that with Magic Guard and access to Psycho Shift, and if it's given a proper chance to set up Cosmic Power, there's not much that can stop it, bar Dark-types. So, Sigilyph it is.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have both (the Ice Rock room in Twist Mountain was my hunting grounds for Cryogonal outside of Winter, I think I got Winter stats for searching down there on Cubchoos too). I never really liked Sigilyph, and have been training a Cryogonal alongside a Vanillish for the PL preparation. I will probably end up choosing the Vanilluxe (it's evolved obviously) as Cryogonal seems quite frail - but then again, so does Sigilyph.

I guess because I've spent more time with it and also because it's harder to find, I have to choose Cryogonal on this one. I may change my mind after spending more time with Sigilyph.

Cyclone

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I haven't used Cryogonal at all out of my 3 play throughs of Black, so I can't really compare the two. But, I'm going with Sigilyph anyways because of how amazing it was when I used it. It worked well early on, and was just as good when facing the elite four.

Back