• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Villains (Finale)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • After seeing the Culture and Media's Disney Character Showdown success I figured it would be great to have one for video games. So here it is. I'll make it nice and pretty later.

Video Games Character Battles - Villain Round
    Welcome to Video Game's very own Character Battles! If you don't know what Character Battles are, they have members pit their favorite characters in video games against one another to prove that they're supreme. It's a classic and it's fun to root for your character from the sidelines as you hope that others feel the same about your character as you and put them on top as well!

How it works
    Stage 1) Nominations. You guys come together to post your individual picks that you'd like to see compete for the crown. This will last until June 14.
    Stage 2) Preliminary voting. The first stage of voting will be used to prune characters down to a certain number, depending on the starting amount of nominations. For instance, if there's around fifteen nominations, the first voting round will cut the characters down to eight for ease of matching them up.
    Stage 3) End stage voting. The final rounds of voting will consist of 1-on-1 matchups where you will all vote one character or the other until one is crowned the winner!

Voting Guidelines
    The voting process is fairly simple. You vote for your favorite/who you think should win the matchup by posting here. Add a small, quick comment as to why you think they should win, if for nothing than to appease the 4/25 rule. So vote to make sure your favorite here wins! Do try not to vote solely based on favoritism, just because you don't like a character it shouldn't mean you don't give it a chance to win.

The Prize
    To the winner goes the spoils, a very nice emblem for the person who nominated the champion character and a participation emblem to all those who participated.

Villains Nominated

O'aka XXIII - King Dedede (Kirby)
    Judge Mandolore Shepard - Harbinger (Mass Effect)
    Guildmaster Wigglytuff - GLaDOS (Portal)
    elheroeoscuro - Handsome Jack (Borderlands)
    Zekrom - Dark Samus (Metroid)
    Nillemi - Arcturus Mengsk (Starcraft)
    machomuu - Hades (Kid Icarus)
    «Chuckles» - Wallace Breen (Half Life)
    Roaming Murkrow - Doctor Eggman (Sonic)
    Orpheus - Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
    Tlachtli - Ganon (Legend Of Zelda)
    Jak - Veger (Jak 3)
    DJTiKi - Marthias (Tomb Raider (2013))
    PinkOmnimon - Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
    Tenth Doctor - Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

Matchups:
    Harbinger x Psycho Mantis
    Sephiroth x Hades
    GLaDOS x Ganon
    Handsome Jack x Wallace Breen
    Doctor Eggman x Marthias
    Dark Samus x Arcturus Mengsk
    Axel x Veger

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Can we only nominate one character or are we allowed multiple nominations?

Years
  • I want to nominate GLaDOS from the Portal games. Her passive-aggressiveness and witty personality completely make the games enjoyable for me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Can we only nominate one character or are we allowed multiple nominations?

Only one to make it fair, or else there would be some people trying to put in a ton of characters to up their chances. But there will be multiple contests so there will be more than one chance to win.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm nominating the man, they myth, the legend, the one and only...
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Only one to make it fair, or else there would be some people trying to put in a ton of characters to up their chances. But there will be multiple contests so there will be more than one chance to win.

Ok.

I'll nominate.....Dark Samus/Metroid Prime for this one. Yes, they are the same thing.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • Looks like a wonderful opportunity to nominate one of my favorite Video characters of all time.

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Since we're talking about Kid Icarus in the DCC, I'm gonna go with Hades. He's hilarious, personable, but a complete jerkarse when it's convenient. His charismatic nature and comedic back and forth with the protagonists makes him a fun character to watch and just as fun to beat.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Magus.gif

For all the Gmod and Half-Life fans I nominate...
    Wallace Breen!

Here's his LA Headshot
    250px-Breen_upset.jpg

Years
  • I nominate Doctor Eggman.

He is the egg man, it's what he is(?), he is the egg man, he got a master plan. *plays theme*

Reactions: Nah

Yukari

I'm going to nominate Sepheroth. Because why the ♥♥♥♥ not?

Nawbutreally, because (In my opinion) he did everything right as a Villain. He's threatening, he has excellent character development, and you just love to hate him! And there's a whole lot more... He is an excellent villain in short.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • I'll nominate one I'm surprised no one's done yet. Some call him the Evil Gerudo King, others the Prince of Darkness, but we affectionately know him as...

tumblr_m7ble0sYgo1rnmjr5o1_r1_500.gif

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going to nominate Veger from Jak 3. He's an extremist that wants to become a god and basically wants a genocide of those impure, like Jak who has been experimented on with Dark Eco. He's not a badass, but he's meticulous and has a scheme beyond belief. Plus there's the scene this gif is from...

tumblr_mc9mxaXtsn1r8iz23o4_500.gif

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm nominating Mathias from Tomb Raider(2013). He was ambitious and ruthless. At first he seems all friendly and stuff but NOPE, kidnaps Sam in your sleep, and leads an entire army after you. Prrreeeettty baddass.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've got everyone added. Tomorrow's the last day so if you haven't nominated someone and have been putting it off now's the time.

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
    Years
  • After a very long time away from pc I will make my comeback by winning this event!

And so I will nominate Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid. He'll read your memory card, and now your mind to win your vote.

Back