• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGPOTW #14: Mama Mia, Start Your Engines!

What is/are the best Mario Kart games?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • VGPOTW #14: Mama Mia, Start Your Engines!

Welcome to Video Game's Poll of the Week! Thanks to the permission of Pokemon General's moderator Brendino, Video Games will now be hosting a weekly series that pits certain video game characters, levels, and universes against other to see which one will come out on top! In last week's Poll of the Week, none of the options won away with the competition; Other getting 6 votes with Plants vs Zombies and Fruit Ninja taking the runner up position with 4 votes each.
    Don't just vote; expand on your answers! Tell us why you prefer one video game element over another! Posts that don't elaborate as to why specific elements were chosen will be deleted, and a warning may be given out through an infraction if it's a reoccurring issue.
    If you have a matchup that you would like to see, whether between video game characters or worlds/universes, send me a VM or PM and if your matchup gets chosen then an emblem will be given out as a reward!

Without further ado:

What is/are the best Mario Kart games?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I voted for 64 because it was my first Mario Kart game, Wii because I played it the most, and 8 because dem sexy HD graphics.

pkmin3033

I've gone with Double Dash!! because it has something the others don't: co-op. It's one of the few games I can play with my little brother: he sits in the back and blasts opponents with whatever items we pick up, and I do the driving. We win, we're both happy. Maybe it's not the most impressive instalment to the series, but it IS a hell of a lot of fun, even now.

Years
  • I only voted for the ones I've played, 'cause I feel all of them are great in some ways.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I voted for Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, and Mario Kart 64

The worst are without question Mario Kart 7 and Double Dash!!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Woah you don't like Double Dash? That could be blasphemic in some people's eyes.
    lol Good for them.

It has the most annoying music. I hated the way the item distribution is handled. I don't want to be Koopa Troopa just to have three shells. The courses aren't memorable. There is no point to have dual characters if you're playing single player - and even then, it's just super clumsy in multiplayer. Graphics are covered in a shiny donut glaze.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Double Dash was great, Triffy has no taste. >:(
    7 was fine too, if unremarkable. The roster in that game sucked, but the track designs were good and items were a bit more balanced, especially after the MK Wii fiasco.

Super Circuit was absolute garbage and 64 and Wii were both fairly mediocre (I know that's blasphemous when it comes to 64). My favorite two MKs are definitely 8 and DS. I put more hours into them more than any other games in the series by far. MK8 has by far the best track design and item balance (even though that still needs improvement), while DS was just a hell of a lot of fun and was the first to feature online play. Plus the Mission Mode and extra content in that game was fantastic.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • "Unremarkable" is a good way to describe 7, yes. It also didn't feel well executed. I saw no appeal to the glider and propeller until 8. Nothing about how they were used in 7 felt special. 7 is just forgettable to me. I replayed it this year (er, last year now?) and forgot what tracks were in it

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Wii was the one I played the most, and is quite enjoyable. 8 is still really fun and looks great graphically. I haven't tried 7 so I can't really say that's the best, and I've only slightly tried Double Dash (which seems to be great co-op fun, "TAKE THE DAMN WHEEL QUICK") so I can't say that's the best either but I'd have to find out how fun the gameplay is first (it seems like it could be epic).

Years
  • I've spent countless hours playing both Super Circuit and Mario Kart 64, so they got my votes in the poll. And I have to agree with a few other people here, Mario Kart 7 wasn't bad, but there wasn't really anything that made it stand out. Which is a shame, since it was the first 3DS exclusive game that I bought, but I've played it maybe a dozen times total in the nearly 2 years I've had it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I quite enjoyed Mario Kart 8. I had skipped purchasing the Wii version and the 3DS version, so this was a refreshing re-entry into the series. Super Mario Kart is a beloved title in my history and one I quite enjoy to this day. :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I quite enjoyed Mario Kart 8. I had skipped purchasing the Wii version and the 3DS version, so this was a refreshing re-entry into the series. Super Mario Kart is a beloved title in my history and one I quite enjoy to this day. :)
    Super Mario Kart is very hard, even at 100cc, on some tracks @__@

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like almost every one of their releases, but on top of them all, I would say it's Mario Kart 64.

Although its graphics and mechanics might not have been as advanced as future titles, one, major reason as to why this one is my favorite is memories; I've spent decent amount of time play it back when Nintendo 64 was still an ongoing thing. When friends or cousins would come over to our house, we would play together as well, challenging each other to balloon battles and coin-runners; very fond of those moments.

On the side of handheld systems, I would say my favorite would have to be Mario Kart 7. Its art style is amazing for a system like 3DS, and I loved all features it has, such as gliders, kart customization, and so forth. I've started a new save file on this game few weeks back, and have finished about sixty-percent of it thus far; it's going pretty well!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mario Kart 7 for me. I really thought that Mario Kart 8 would become my new favourite, but it just didn't grip me like Mario Kart 7 does.

Back