• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Pokemon Analysis Series: Eevee

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thread discussing planning for this article series in general.

The gist: we will be covering a Pokemon, followed by any evolutions of it, in a series of articles. This is not a battling guide (but it can include it!) - rather it will be a collection of aspects - talking about the basis of the Pokemon, neat trivia, fanworks involving it, etc. Right now, please throw up whatever idea you come up with! It can be something that could be done for every Pokemon we analyse, it could be Eevee specific, it could be serious, it could be silly, it could involve making a video... go nuts.

Given this will require multiple articles, we want multiple writers to tackle this! Volunteer for any part you're interested in tackling after we decide what articles we want to spawn! This is also something that may be hosted across forum sections; for instance if we run events requesting fics/art/etc based on Eevee, or a discussion thread on Eevee, those threads will be hosted in their relevant forums before we go through the posts to turn into an article!

To start off with it was decided that we'll tackle the Eevee line! After that we'll move to its evolutions, and then worry about deciding the next line to tackle.

I'll update this post with the current list of article ideas for Eevee. Not all of these need happen, e.g. if there is no sense in an article about using Eevee in a battle situation.

• Species Analysis: Eevee [NAME PENDING - suggestions please? Something that can have any Pokemon name tacked on for future species.]
    What's a/an _____?
    Who's that Pokemon? It's ____? [Oh I like this one]
    I choose you, ____! [Also like but less than the above]

The first article that will be released is a general article on the lowest form of the Pokemon (e.g. Eevee in this case). Content: Information/trivia on the Pokemon's name, abilities, its basis (what animal/object it is based on), height/weight info, other trivia. This will also include a quick couple sentences about battling, but that'll be saved for any article that may be created for it.

To be group-written within the main section!
  • Battling: Why Eevee Sucks [gimmepie]. Any other battling articles?
  • Trading Card Game article? Talk about the cards featuring Eevee?
  • Eevee fanwork feature - support from mods for separate threads in A&D and FF&W to get contributions to art to be featured, supplemented by existing works. (PC-only content for such articles? From experience collecting off-site fanworks is a timely process to feature...)

May require a short article post encouraging readers to offer submissions first.
  • Nicknames for Eevee? Any interest? E..g discussion thread asking for nicknames, follow-up article from the 'Name Rater' rating these names. I (bobandbill) have done these sorts before...
  • 'Caring for your ___' Mock article explaining how to care for your e.g. Eevee - feeding, exercise, etc. Can be combined with Dos and Don'ts. (See example articles I linked in the first post for more info). I've written these before elsewhere, and willing to tackle it here as well - but not opposed to other people writing them as well. [Tentatively claimed by bobandbill]
  • ???

Will edit later, for now supply your ideas and thoughts!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If you plan on writing a battling article on Eevee it will be 90% about how Bunnelby outclasses it.
Confirms that I don't know LC!

Mind you (general you given you, gimmepie, pointed this out :V), a humorous article on how bad Eevee is at battling is something to consider. "Sure, Blue picked an Eevee in Yellow - and you beat him up with a Pikachu!. The Pokemon for "Champions for all of five minutes"", "for such a popular Pokemon you'd think it had better stats than the likes of Krabby, or Magnemite - but it ties with those.", etc.

Years
Confirms that I don't know LC!

Mind you (general you given you, gimmepie, pointed this out :V), a humorous article on how bad Eevee is at battling is something to consider. "Sure, Blue picked an Eevee in Yellow - and you beat him up with a Pikachu!. The Pokemon for "Champions for all of five minutes"", "for such a popular Pokemon you'd think it had better stats than the likes of Krabby, or Magnemite - but it ties with those.", etc.

Actually, can I give writing "Why Eevee Sucks" a go?

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Eevee is the cute fan favorite, and a companion of many Trainers. Its name is a palindrome. Eevees physiology are based off of mammals like dogs, foxes and cats. It is unknown why Eevee can only learn Normal-type Attacks other than bite. It could have something to do with its specialty. While most pokemon have an evolution. The ones that do tend to only have one or two. Eevee, however; have 8 evolutions or as pokeprofessors say "Eeveelution". Eevee has an evolution for 8 other types, each of them specializing only in that type.

Maybe someone can expand on that.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Actually, can I give writing "Why Eevee Sucks" a go?
If nobody else wants to do it I'd say the idea is yours! Granted, we'll also see if anyone wants to write something serious too (outside of a quick summary in the first summary article for Eevee).
I can take of the Art feature line, there are already some contests going on in A&D. Maybe we could change the theme to fit this thread.
If you mean change the theme of contests in A&D to fit this, may want to talk to art mods about it. But I'll just quote-notify them. :V
Spoiler:

Eevee is the cute fan favorite, and a companion of many Trainers. Its name is a palindrome. Eevees physiology are based off of mammals like dogs, foxes and cats. It is unknown why Eevee can only learn Normal-type Attacks other than bite. It could have something to do with its specialty. While most pokemon have an evolution. The ones that do tend to only have one or two. Eevee, however; have 8 evolutions or as pokeprofessors say "Eeveelution". Eevee has an evolution for 8 other types, each of them specializing only in that type.

Maybe someone can expand on that.
Not a bad quick summary. Certainly would need expanding. Right now though I'd rather focus on talking about other article ideas for the series and loosely talking about the content - the details of what we write within it can be done during the writing section.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
For the mock article of raising Eevee can we say:
"Make sure your eevee never plays around fire stones."
Battling, and TCG I'm not much help there. Eevee is the rival's starter in Yellow, and you start with a Eevee in XD: Gale of Darkness.

As for eevee it likes getting pet, massages, poffins, poke puffs, cuddles, long walks. Eevees are very sociable creatures and enjoy the company of others. Don't let eevee lose a batlle or contest as its heart can break very easily.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
If you mean change the theme of contests in A&D to fit this, may want to talk to art mods about it. But I'll just quote-notify them. :V
Spoiler:

Hmm, interesting idea. We can certainly host a contest related to the drawing of Eevee (or any Pokemon, for that matter), and there is an ongoing Weekly Pixel Art Challenge that could be augmented to include this content. But that isn't up to me, that's up to Nina, the thread owner.

Johnny, if you want to start a new contest in A&D about drawing Eevee for this project, go right ahead. Otherwise I'd recommend not changing any currently running events, since they're not mine to change. There's no problem with having a few events running at once. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
We could do the same in FF&W! See if people want to write a story about Eevee, or whatever Pokemon the article is about. Or we can look through what's already posted in the section and see if we can find stories posted about Eevee.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
So you're thinking about raising an Eevee?
Many trainers choose Eevee as their starter pokemon for its ease to raise. It's a great partner to have. While Eevee doesn't have a wide move pool as other pokemon do it specializes in other types once it evolves. A eevee that is very close to its trainer is likely to eevolve quicker. Taking your Eevee is one way to raise its happiness as well as leaving it out of its pokeball. Eevees enjoy exploring, and like running around weather it be in or outside the home. They are creatures that love playing with others so expect your little guy or gal to dominate your time. It wants to be around you. If your eevee feels neglected it will rub its head against your leg seeking attention, or may try naughty things. One time I left an eevee I was training with my mom for a week. My eevee got jealous and ruined the furniture. I tried to get the smell out, but nothing would work (even tried Sweet Scent, but that only attracted caterpies, and spinarks.) Safe to say some Eevees can get very jealous. A healthy portion of all natural Pokeblock, and training will do your eevee well, and feeding it a Poké Puffs once a day as a reward or treat will make your Eevee's eyes sparkle. Once your Eevee is old enough it may evolve, and when that happens we will see you again on how to train your eeveelution.

Again someone can edit/expand this.
What is this project. I'm still wet behind the ears here.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It's just an article series about a particular Pokemon, filled with various facts, information, and creative works done in honor of the Pokemon.

Like bobandbill said, though, hold off on actually writing anything for the article. That will take part in the writing section. This thread is just to toss around general ideas for the article about Eevee.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Updated the first post with articles to be written and stuff. Looking for more input, guys! Some of it is below, and new ideas is also appreciated (they don't need to be done for every species feature btw; they could be specific to Eevee).

For the first article for each Pokemon, here's the current suggestions for the naming scheme I've come up with:
Species Analysis: ____
What's a/an _____?
Who's that Pokemon? It's ____? [Oh I like this one]
I choose you, ____! [Also like but less than the above]

Thoughts on the following as well is welcome:
- Trading Card Game article? Talk about the cards featuring Eevee?
- Eevee fanwork feature - support from mods for separate threads in A&D and FF&W to get contributions to art to be featured, supplemented by existing works. (PC-only content for such articles? From experience collecting off-site fanworks is a timely process to feature...)

May require a short article post encouraging readers to offer submissions first.

- Nicknames for Eevee? Any interest? E..g discussion thread asking for nicknames, follow-up article from the 'Name Rater' rating these names. (I've done a couple of these before elsewhere).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think you should go with Who's that Pokémon. Sounds super cute whereas the others sound more formal (with the exception of I choose you, but eh).

Also agree with all that was said. I like the nicknames idea a lot too!
Jake has made a point that Who's That Pokemon may be too common a title in regards to searchability. :< Still considering it, but welcoming other comments.

Any more thoughts on nickname article/article titles/etc? Soon I'll post a separate thread for the first main article, in this section so anyone can contribute bits and pieces. Thinking allowed on what will be in it so please throw about ideas for this too and the order (no writing yet!):

- Intro section (about the article series, what to expect)
- Information/trivia on the Pokemon's name
- Abilities (and say how that ties into the Pokemon itself)
- Its basis (what animal/object it is based on)
- Height/weight info
- Quick battling summary
- Where to find Eevee (game locations, etc?)
- Other trivia.
- ?????

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Alright, the first article is nigh done (images and another proofread). After that goes up (ideally by this weekend) we'll have an article by gimmepie on battling with Eevee as well. Time to get a move on other articles! And hence time to quote-notify. Anyone else can give their thoughts as well, and also suggest other article ideas!
donavannj said:
Don, any thoughts in making an article on Eevee trading cards? E.g. featuring neat cards to do with Eevee in TCG, which can be an article with a comment thread in your section.
Kirby said:
Bay Alexison said:
Quoting this:
Eevee fanwork feature - support from mods for separate threads in A&D and FF&W to get contributions to art to be featured, supplemented by existing works. (PC-only content for such articles? From experience collecting off-site fanworks is a timely process to feature...)
Willing to discuss ideas on doing articles for these.

Meanwhile, I will tackle these ones:
Nicknames for Eevee? Any interest? E..g discussion thread asking for nicknames, follow-up article from the 'Name Rater' rating these names. I (bobandbill) have done these sorts before...
I'll probably do it like that. PGC or PG for the initial thread?
'Caring for your ___' Mock article explaining how to care for your e.g. Eevee - feeding, exercise, etc. Can be combined with Dos and Don'ts. (See example articles I linked in the first post for more info). I've written these before elsewhere, and willing to tackle it here as well - but not opposed to other people writing them as well. [Tentatively claimed by bobandbill]
I can also take this on. But if anyone else is particularly keen do say so!

Bay

Years
Concerning fanworks, yeah probably featuring works from PC would be best for now. I do know one or two stories that has Eevee featured, but I'm totally fine having a thread asking if anyone has or knows any works with Eevee (and other Pokemon) featured in this site. I'm assuming both art and writing will be in the same article?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Concerning fanworks, yeah probably featuring works from PC would be best for now. I do know one or two stories that has Eevee featured, but I'm totally fine having a thread asking if anyone has or knows any works with Eevee (and other Pokemon) featured in this site. I'm assuming both art and writing will be in the same article?
Yeah, I'm fine with a quick roundup of works involving Eevee on PC for just now (if that wanted to be extended for art, that could be a separate article).

And good question. Probably just the one article imo for PC works involving Eevee, but if there's a lot of things to feature then two could be considered as well.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
don feels a TCG article on Eevee cards is worthwhile!
Viable? Probably. Only a handful of special Eevee cards, but there are a lot of them.
So, anyone have an interest in writing an article on TCG cards featuring Eevee? I found the Card-dex on Serebii for Eevee which has scans for all of its cards: http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/133.shtml

Last call to state your interest in writing an article on Caring for your Eevee or the Nickname articles for Eevee.

Years
don feels a TCG article on Eevee cards is worthwhile!

So, anyone have an interest in writing an article on TCG cards featuring Eevee? I found the Card-dex on Serebii for Eevee which has scans for all of its cards: http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/133.shtml

Specifically for this, I think a couple of the Japan-only ones were exclusive giveaways. I think the 3rd and 4th cards from the bottom on the Serebii page never got an English release. Bulbapedia may potentially be a better resource on that sort of trivia, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Lending my thumbs up to any and all operations related to this article! You have A&D's full support. 8)

Back