10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Age 25
Male
Oregon
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
9.4 Years
Someone suggested that Iwanko is based on a Hawaiian species of dog.

If anyone is cares, I broke down a possible origin of the name Iwanko. It's all Japanese words. Iwa means rock. Wan is the sound dogs make irc, and 'ko' is a naming suffix for child. So Rockwoofchild xD.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people

Male
Seen January 18th, 2017
Posted January 17th, 2017
9,237 posts
8.1 Years
I like Nekkoala. It has a nice design, and a very interesting ability. If it gets a cool evolution, I'll consider it for my team.

I'm not so fond of Iwanko, because I don't like dogs. I'll only catch one if it gets an evolution as cool as Arcanine, Houndoom, Manectric, or Lucario, and doesn't require a ridiculous evolution method. Or if it can learn a lot of HM's.

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,245 posts
8.4 Years
I think Nekkoala's ability has potential to be overpowered competitively. Anyways, great video!
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
21,063 posts
11.6 Years
Now that I did not expect, not from Corocoro anyway. I really like these two pokemon though! I was only saying the other day how I'd love to see a Koala Bear Pokemon. 8)

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon ♥

Age 24
Male
Alola
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted June 30th, 2019
770 posts
8.3 Years
Well, here's hoping these Pokémon are real... Nekkoala actually looks really great and it's literally the FIRST Pokémon based off of an Australian animal and it looks like it will be going straight on my team when I find a male one.

Iwanka looks similar to Poochyena with the way it's mouth is. I can't wait to encounter this.
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM
Age 28
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted June 14th, 2019
2,323 posts
11.3 Years
I like Nekkoala, although I'll have to see it's evolution before I consider it team worthy.

Not crazy about Iwanko, it's another dog Pokemon and really there are other dog Pokemon like Growlithe or even Furfrou I'd sooner use on my team if given the choice. (I've never used either of them before)
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 27
Female
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
35,962 posts
13.8 Years
Well, here's hoping these Pokémon are real... Nekkoala actually looks really great and it's literally the FIRST Pokémon based off of an Australian animal and it looks like it will be going straight on my team when I find a male one.

Iwanka looks similar to Poochyena with the way it's mouth is. I can't wait to encounter this.
Kangaskhan is Australian too. So not quite the first! Kangaroo. :) also dw they are real, they're not 'leaks' they're from corocoro.

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.4 Years
Now that I did not expect, not from Corocoro anyway. I really like these two pokemon though! I was only saying the other day how I'd love to see a Koala Bear Pokemon. 8)
I understand you there, because I often brought up having a koala Pokemon on a lot of those next-generation wishlists for new Pokemon. Nice to see that Game Freak had answered that prayer, now I hope we get a dolphin and a peacock as well because I think they would look nice to see in this generation.

smocks

fiat lux

Female
California
Seen March 25th, 2019
Posted March 10th, 2019
1,389 posts
3.3 Years
Someone suggested that Iwanko is based on a Hawaiian species of dog.

If anyone is cares, I broke down a possible origin of the name Iwanko. It's all Japanese words. Iwa means rock. Wan is the sound dogs make irc, and 'ko' is a naming suffix for child. So Rockwoofchild xD.
So Iwanko is probably going to be a Rock/Normal type :3 that's pretty cool but it'll have a 4x weakness against Fighting types

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.4 Years
So Iwanko is probably going to be a Rock/Normal type :3 that's pretty cool but it'll have a 4x weakness against Fighting types
Iwanko is pure Rock-type so only 2x weakness to Fighting, as well as 2x weakness to Steel, Grass and Water.

Caaethil

Something profound.

Male
England
Seen September 11th, 2018
Posted September 11th, 2018
501 posts
3.2 Years
Also, according to Serebii, CoroCoro hints that Iwanko (the dog) and the starters share some kind of relationship.

"CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret"
To add on to what I said earlier, what if this is all a play on the alchemy theme?

Litten, Iwanko, Popplio, Rowlet

Fire, Earth, Water, Air

Heheh.
Click here to feed my PokéFarm Q Pokémon!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Age 25
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
9.4 Years
They're looking nice. Both of them have a pre-Gen V look to them. I guess they are going to a simpler design route like Sugimori wanted.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:

Hikamaru

Age 26
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,245 posts
8.4 Years
They're looking nice. Both of them have a pre-Gen V look to them. I guess they are going to a simpler design route like Sugimori wanted.
I agree with this. While I liked 5th Gen I understood why it had its haters and it was because it started complicated designs, so to go back to the older simple style two generations later is proving that 7th Gen will be a very accessible generation to both the younger and older fans.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Age 25
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
9.4 Years
I agree with this. While I liked 5th Gen I understood why it had its haters and it was because it started complicated designs, so to go back to the older simple style two generations later is proving that 7th Gen will be a very accessible generation to both the younger and older fans.
Some would argue that it was actually 4 or even 3, but to me it was 5 (mostly because Gen III was my Gen I, and Gen IV was my Gen II) xD. Eitherway I'm loving the designs.

About the pouches...irc real life Koala's have cheek pouches.

Rivvon

Age 26
Female
USA
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
2,612 posts
12.3 Years
NAME ORIGIN ALERT!
nekkoala: neko is japanese for cat, and koala is, well, a koala.
It doesn't seem to have cat-like qualities. I believe the name comes from "neru," which is the verb "to sleep," in addition to "koala."

About the pouches...irc real life Koala's have cheek pouches.
It's not the cheek pouches in and of themselves that bother me. It's the color scheme that makes it look like an Electric-type. Couple that with the cheek pouches that are present on all of them so far, and it almost looks like it would be this gen's electric rodent. Except it's not a rodent, it's a marsupial; and it's not Electric, it's Normal. It just throws me off.

Advertiser Content