bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Online now
Posted 15 Hours Ago
15,818 posts
12.5 Years
That appeared without warning. Live in Mystery Gift already!

Queen

Seen June 17th, 2020
Posted June 17th, 2020
1,637 posts
11.6 Years
Aye, finally its a benefit living in Australia
And also, my first ever event Pokemon not received from a trade!
Visit my Trade Shop
Or browse my Trade Sheet!

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
WOW not even the US yet????

lucky bastards in australia and europe >:(
That was exactly what I was thinking as well. While my region did get this event, I was surprised that the US didn't.

Edit: Oh wait, this event is now live in North America as well!
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted June 24th, 2020
A free Shiny is always nice and Shiny Tapu Koko does have a great colour scheme. It's a shame Legendary Pokemon are Shiny locked these days but that's a discussion for another time.

Now we need an Ash Hat Pikachu distribution.
Currently playing - Omega Ruby Grass Monotype

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder

Age 39
Male
UK
Seen December 30th, 2019
Posted November 20th, 2019
751 posts
5.9 Years
Nice freebie and Timid to boot (took me ages of soft resetting to get my in game Timid Tapu). Now to level to 100 for hyper training.
Pokemon Breeder (2000+ Eggs and counting)
3DS Living National Pokedex: 807/807
Main Series : Gen 1: R/B/Y/Y-VC, Gen 4: SS, Gen 5: W/B2, Gen 6: X/Y/OR Gen 7: Su/Mo/USu
2DS XL Friend code: 3325 - 8383 - 2146 IGN: Nick

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
A free Shiny is always nice and Shiny Tapu Koko does have a great colour scheme. It's a shame Legendary Pokemon are Shiny locked these days but that's a discussion for another time.
When you think about it, the legendaries being shiny-locked was likely done for cutscene purposes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.2 Years
When you think about it, the legendaries being shiny-locked was likely done for cutscene purposes.
But past gens still had sprite cutscenes and legendaries were able to be shiny?

Anyway, totally going to RNG one with HP Fire and one with HP Ice, then RNG a save file so that I can nickname them whatever I want :3

I realllyyy hope we (as in the world, I'm cool with just Japan) get the other shiny Tapus, but I'm not sure of the likelihood.

ORAS/XYBW

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
But past gens still had sprite cutscenes and legendaries were able to be shiny?
5th Gen was the first generation to have 3D-rendered cutscenes, and considering how complex they would have been to make, you can see why that generation started the tradition of shiny-locked legendaries in-game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.2 Years
5th Gen was the first generation to have 3D-rendered cutscenes, and considering how complex they would have been to make, you can see why that generation started the tradition of shiny-locked legendaries in-game.
But I don't see why. It's essentially the same thing. The model doesn't have to look the same, they established that in earlier games. The model for cutscene and model for battle are not connected at all. The cutscene and overworld happens then the game generates a new legendary when the player presses A at a certain point then the game pulls up the model for battles. Completely separate.

I don't really remember properly, but were there even cutscenes for Tapus other than Koko?

edit: There's no excuse, really, because shiny starters are also possible in this game.

ORAS/XYBW

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
14,237 posts
6.7 Years
I don't really play S/M anymore, but I went and got this just now, it might be useful in the future. Can't (legally) get a shiny Koko anywhere else either right now, so there's that too. Very fortunate that the nature is always Timid, made it easy to SR for a Hidden Power Ice one (It's nice to get the HP type I want for once)....even came with 31 Speed IVs too.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."