bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
16,076 posts
12.9 Years
Old article ported and edited for Daily. Enjoy some early info on Umbreon!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

colours

she/her
the dream world
Seen 47 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,786 posts
15.8 Years
makes you really wonder if Game Freak are really ever going to plan to design a Poison-type Eevee at some point in the future, and what it'll really look like then.

Sheep

she/her
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
30,626 posts
14.3 Years
That would've been really cool, even if I do love Umby as a dark type. I think it makes sense that they retyped him in the end though, to balance out the psychic type. Already mentioned that they were pretty broken in gen I.
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Cid

Age 25
Male
Philippines
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted November 22nd, 2020
3,608 posts
12.8 Years
I honestly want to know more about the Spaceworld Beta versions of every Gen 2 'mon. It's like discovering an alternate universe Johto, and the multiverse is already pretty well-defined as a thing in the Pokémon franchise.
Age 30
Male
KY (USA)
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
2,731 posts
15.9 Years
This is why I don't think it would be the best idea to make an Eeveelution for each type. A "Toxeon" would seem redundant given Umbreon's poison references.

Instead, I think it may be better to create new evolutions (or temporary forms) for the Eeveelutions, adding to them the unused types. Umbreon's evolution/form could be Dark/Poison, Vaporeon's Water/Dragon, Leafeon's Grass/Ground, etc.

Avatar by cheerymori • My deviantART

BH

Canine pokemon fan

Age 36
Non-binary
Poland
Seen August 31st, 2020
Posted August 31st, 2020
1,075 posts
15.8 Years
So this means the new eeveelution in generation 8 will be a posion type?

Also i hope Sw/Sh give us scrapped Red/Gold/Ruby pokemon, that puppy evolution of growlithe was so cute
Name - Bartek

Pokemon hacks i support

Red DX, Brown, Glazed, Gold Christmas, Prism (crystal), Polished crystal, Rijon Adventures, Delta Emerald (Both authors), Ashgray, Venotide

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister

Age 20
Male
Workshop of Dreams
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,119 posts
1.6 Years
Really want to see how a poison eevolution would be, but i have to agree with Sheep above. As Psychic type was ridiculously powerful at the time, Umbreon was definitely a good call

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
16,076 posts
12.9 Years
Holy bump! But for good reason - the article is updated with new info recently discovered about Umbreon! Kinda wild that Game Freak originally intended Umbreon to be a slow, Special-Attacking nuke that you evolved by making Eevee hate you.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Roni

depresseroni

shen't
PH
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 51 Minutes Ago
6,364 posts
7.8 Years
duuuude that would've been such a good balanced introduction to the friendship mechanic. and it makes such perfect sense too. sad to see Gamefreak cancel it last minute, although understandable (can't have kids purposely mistreating pokemon! it could translate to irl animals, and oh boy the lawsuits involved with that...)

this does however really make me wanna see a future pokemon that evolves through minimal happiness. wanna be able to use bitter herbs and TM Frustration for once!
Currently Raising:
Benedict the Exeggcute

Lv. 100 @ 6463
Challenge: Legendary Trainer
Legendary: TBA
Steely Dan the Beldum
Tag-Team w/ Ash Ketchup

Lv. 100 @ 6494
Challenge: Pseudo-Legendary Master
Legendary: TBA
VPPSteamAvatarFlair