• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon BDSP's map artwork suggests no Battle Frontier

Pokémon BDSP’s map artwork suggests no Battle Frontier

Pokémon BDSP’s map artwork suggests no Battle Frontier

It’s not a confirmation, but thus far we can only see the Battle Tower. Pal Park may be back, and we have yet another omission…
Years
yeah, i've long given up hope of a battle frontier ever returning. it's just a shame since having a rehashed battle tower every game is boring, but it is what it is. i hope the post-game has something of substance, though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
No Battle Frontier was to be expected since they haven't seemed to want to bother with it for generations now, plus how the BF wasn't in the original Diamond/Pearl, only Platinum.

The strange thing to me is why the Pal Park is on the map. It served exactly one purpose and is no longer necessary now given the existence of HOME and Bank and all that. So is it going to serve some new purpose now, or are they gonna be weird and have an NPC be like "back in the day we used this to transfer Pokemon" and is just wasted space

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Dissapointing, but not at all surprising. Just hope they don't rub it in our faces like they did in ORAS with the Battle Frontier Project.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I literally don't care at all and still plan on buying and playing one of these games (likely Diamond)

But it'll just be a matter of time before the whiny complaints return about how it 'should have been in' and how people will call the game 'trash' just because it's not in and will 'refuse to buy it' due to this.

inb4 that starts soon. 🙄

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
While disappointing, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
What is the difference between battle frontier and battle tower?
The Frontier is an area that has multiple different facilities in it, including the Battle Tower. The other facilities usually have gimmicks, special rules, etc instead of consisting of standard battles.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
surely that can't be right? there's no way they could mess that up again?!
right??

this should be a slam dunk, everything fans wanted, following pokemon, pokemon seals, character customization, contests,
surely they couldn't not know people would want/expect the battle frontier.

I'm just gonna believe it'll be there for now.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
I don't think I've ever used the Battle Frontier, but I know lots of people were looking forward to it. At this point I just wonder why they're so against it, is it just too hard to code or something? Or maybe they think it's too complicated for their target audience of little kids? Seems farfetched but who knows.

Years
Honestly when they dropped the battle frontier from ORAS I took that as the end of days for a lot of effort going into the post game battles. I think they've expecting people to play online with friends moreso instead of playing against NPCs so at most we'll get a battle tower again and at worse we'll get some watered down version of it shoehorned into the end of some route people have forgotten about.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
I am not surprised at this at all. I also agree with the above post. When they removed it from ORAS, I just knew that it was going to be the end of days for effort going into post game battles. I never really expected to see it make a return. I do not play online with friends or people, so would have preferred they kept doing a Battle Frontier.

Empoleon671

不要
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
it should be noted for everyone in this thread, that the platinum sinnoh map didn't have the Battle Frontier on it either...

that isn't to say it's going to be in the game, but there's precedence for this occurring way back then too.. it's not set in stone.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
I wish we can get an interview or something with the directors(?) where they can talk about some of their game decisions. I know the Western fanbase has been pretty vocal about wanting the Battle Frontier but maybe it's different for Japanese players? I'd like to know the thought process that went in the production of these games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've honestly never done the battle frontier in any game... So I wouldn't miss it as I don't know what I'm missing xD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
it should be noted for everyone in this thread, that the platinum sinnoh map didn't have the Battle Frontier on it either...

that isn't to say it's going to be in the game, but there's precedence for this occurring way back then too.. it's not set in stone.
Indeed, and this is noted in the article as well. That said, the original map in Platinum obscured the area with clouds - so they basically hid the BF on purpose for a reveal (and the uncovered version has no buildings at all). Now we just see a Battle Tower in the remake map.
I've honestly never done the battle frontier in any game... So I wouldn't miss it as I don't know what I'm missing xD
Basically it was a bunch of postgame challenges and modes to take on. You'd have a facility where you could rent Pokemon and swap them out, another where you try to take on set monotype teams in consecutive 1-on-1 battles, and even a roulette/arcade sort of game player between each battle, so some timing and strategy involved outside of the battles themselves. Plenty of content.

The Tower meanwhile is just a straight up 'try to beat as many teams as you can before losing', with points given out each battle (and more for beating bosses at the end of sets of 7). Fine but no bells or whistles, and it's more or less the same thing every game (the battle subway in gen 5, the battle tree in gen 7, etc... just a different setting for the same concept and execution.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
ah, I think I found it a pity that I couldn't use my own pokémon yeah. And since a big part of playing pokémon for me is getting attached to my team, that was a deal breaker xD

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Personally, the only Battle Frontier I ever did and enjoyed was back in Emerald but I'm not all suprised that it doesn't seems to be in BDSP. After it not being in ORAS, I'd be more suprised if it did make a return tbh...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Masuda doesn't like the Frontier and he is helping development on these games. It isn't going to be there. Did people even enjoy 4th Gen Battle Frontier? Because Emerald Frontier is what I've always seen people want.

That being said, if it didn't come back in ORAS, people shouldn't expect it now. It just isn't going to happen.

Back