bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
16,335 posts
13.6 Years
Disappointing. It's not a confirmation, mind, but it is a big note against the BF returning. =(

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

colours

she/her
imagination congregation
Seen 55 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
7,961 posts
16.4 Years
yeah, i've long given up hope of a battle frontier ever returning. it's just a shame since having a rehashed battle tower every game is boring, but it is what it is. i hope the post-game has something of substance, though.

Nah

Age 29
she/her, they/them
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
14,915 posts
7.9 Years
No Battle Frontier was to be expected since they haven't seemed to want to bother with it for generations now, plus how the BF wasn't in the original Diamond/Pearl, only Platinum.

The strange thing to me is why the Pal Park is on the map. It served exactly one purpose and is no longer necessary now given the existence of HOME and Bank and all that. So is it going to serve some new purpose now, or are they gonna be weird and have an NPC be like "back in the day we used this to transfer Pokemon" and is just wasted space
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

The Mega Champion

Strategist

Age 32
Male
Ohio
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
1,106 posts
14.1 Years
I literally don't care at all and still plan on buying and playing one of these games (likely Diamond)

But it'll just be a matter of time before the whiny complaints return about how it 'should have been in' and how people will call the game 'trash' just because it's not in and will 'refuse to buy it' due to this.

inb4 that starts soon. 🙄
Support #OperationSurvive in whatever way you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsBSkZ_PMQ

tokyodrift

i got you, you got me

Age 27
he/him
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,325 posts
10.2 Years
While disappointing, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

Cloud9Skywalker

Male
Florida, USA
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
37 posts
8.5 Years
What is the difference between battle frontier and battle tower?
Switch → SW-6034-7952-2711
Wii U → Nintendo Network ID: Cloud9SkyWalker Patch: Haxchi v2.5u2
N2DSXL → 4957-9250-4796 Patch: Luma3DS v10.2.1
N3DSXL → 4829-1237-8475 Patch: Luma3DS v10.2.1
Pokémon Go Trainer Code: 9023-4308-1389

Nah

Age 29
she/her, they/them
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
14,915 posts
7.9 Years
What is the difference between battle frontier and battle tower?
The Frontier is an area that has multiple different facilities in it, including the Battle Tower. The other facilities usually have gimmicks, special rules, etc instead of consisting of standard battles.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
837 posts
272 Days
surely that can't be right? there's no way they could mess that up again?!
right??

this should be a slam dunk, everything fans wanted, following pokemon, pokemon seals, character customization, contests,
surely they couldn't not know people would want/expect the battle frontier.

I'm just gonna believe it'll be there for now.
The A-non Team

Trevenant
Lv. 100 @ 306
Challenge: Souls of the Damned
Legendary: TBA

Chandelure
Lv. 100 @ 213
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Rapidash
Lv. 100 @ 497
Challenge: N/A
Legendary: Entei

Flareon
Lv. 100 @ 708
Challenge: TBA

Roselia
Lv. 100 @ 794
Challenge: TBA

Entei
Hatch @ 793
Level 100 @ 1,018
Shiny: No

Hybrid Trainer

Age 27
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2,095 posts
12.9 Years
Honestly when they dropped the battle frontier from ORAS I took that as the end of days for a lot of effort going into the post game battles. I think they've expecting people to play online with friends moreso instead of playing against NPCs so at most we'll get a battle tower again and at worse we'll get some watered down version of it shoehorned into the end of some route people have forgotten about.

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
128 posts
33 Days
I am not surprised at this at all. I also agree with the above post. When they removed it from ORAS, I just knew that it was going to be the end of days for effort going into post game battles. I never really expected to see it make a return. I do not play online with friends or people, so would have preferred they kept doing a Battle Frontier.
He/Him
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
28 posts
3.3 Years
it should be noted for everyone in this thread, that the platinum sinnoh map didn't have the Battle Frontier on it either...

that isn't to say it's going to be in the game, but there's precedence for this occurring way back then too.. it's not set in stone.

adventure

they/them
Online now
Posted 17 Hours Ago
35,871 posts
13.9 Years
I've honestly never done the battle frontier in any game... So I wouldn't miss it as I don't know what I'm missing xD
ENBUN'D avatar by the amazing Flowerchild.
am mod of Meet & Greet.

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
16,335 posts
13.6 Years
it should be noted for everyone in this thread, that the platinum sinnoh map didn't have the Battle Frontier on it either...

that isn't to say it's going to be in the game, but there's precedence for this occurring way back then too.. it's not set in stone.
Indeed, and this is noted in the article as well. That said, the original map in Platinum obscured the area with clouds - so they basically hid the BF on purpose for a reveal (and the uncovered version has no buildings at all). Now we just see a Battle Tower in the remake map.
I've honestly never done the battle frontier in any game... So I wouldn't miss it as I don't know what I'm missing xD
Basically it was a bunch of postgame challenges and modes to take on. You'd have a facility where you could rent Pokemon and swap them out, another where you try to take on set monotype teams in consecutive 1-on-1 battles, and even a roulette/arcade sort of game player between each battle, so some timing and strategy involved outside of the battles themselves. Plenty of content.

The Tower meanwhile is just a straight up 'try to beat as many teams as you can before losing', with points given out each battle (and more for beating bosses at the end of sets of 7). Fine but no bells or whistles, and it's more or less the same thing every game (the battle subway in gen 5, the battle tree in gen 7, etc... just a different setting for the same concept and execution.)

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

adventure

they/them
Online now
Posted 17 Hours Ago
35,871 posts
13.9 Years
ah, I think I found it a pity that I couldn't use my own pokémon yeah. And since a big part of playing pokémon for me is getting attached to my team, that was a deal breaker xD
ENBUN'D avatar by the amazing Flowerchild.
am mod of Meet & Greet.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5,162 posts
11.4 Years
Masuda doesn't like the Frontier and he is helping development on these games. It isn't going to be there. Did people even enjoy 4th Gen Battle Frontier? Because Emerald Frontier is what I've always seen people want.

That being said, if it didn't come back in ORAS, people shouldn't expect it now. It just isn't going to happen.