• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have any wishlists for future games?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    -quality plot
    -quality post game that actually keeps me playing for a long time
    -battle animation to actually be decent

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    - Difficulty options. Wants individual choices for things like Trainer AI, enemy team size, enemy Pokemon quality (moves, IVs, EVs, and held items), prize earnings (or shop costs), allowing Megas/Z-Moves/Dynamaxing (you and/or enemy), and typical challenge restrictions. Add or subtract special battles like Doubles, Triples, and Rotations. Perhaps a level match option too. (As in, leveling a trainer's Pokemon to equal your current team's highest)

- EXP Halt or EXP Siphon. Prevents specific Pokemon from gaining experience with the former. Steals experience gains with the latter to give to another Pokemon. Assists with grinding up a low-leveled Pokemon without overleveling the rest.

- Randomization options. Loves a bit of randomness. Desires something official. Block Pokemon from being traded from this mode, if necessary.

- Less linearity. Accepts something as simple as "fight these three gyms in any order" or "beat eight of ten gyms". Must level the gyms appropriately, of course.

- Stronger postgame. Usually ends around level 60. Leaves plenty of room to grow. Understands why, in a sense. Designed level-up moves to that point, and no further. Could become stale with a static team and moveset. Still, why not explore individual characters more? Sort of tried this with Hop in Sword/Shield.

- More character depth. Nearly wrote "slightly more mature story" here. Feels possible to create something meaningful that both old and young can relate to. Liked Hop for this reason. Always tried to live up to Leon, along with the struggles of that path. Wants more of that (both in Hop's story and in general).

- Daily events. Refers to things like the Bug Catching Event, not daily quests. Made the world feel less static. Works with seasons too, potentially.

- More optional areas. Feel free to explore the Abandoned Power Plant...or not. Skip the traveling circus if you wish. Skate around a lake (with a partner) sometime. Chat up (and meaningfully interact with) a Pokemon Fan Club.

Years
    all i want is a good postgame and im set. i can, at most, tolerate a mediocre/ok experience with everything else as long as the game keeps me playing after i beat the main story.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    As others mentioned: less linearity, more optional areas, difficulty setting, better post-game, and the return of megas.

I would add:
    - Possibility to turn off the exp share
    - Less dialogue, PLEASE! I can't stand NPCs talking for hours. I'd even say less plot, I preferred the more open-world nature of the first regions (especially Kanto).
    - 2 regions (unlikely to happen again, but it would be a treat!)
    - Return of the Battle Frontier (even more unlikely, unfortunately)

Years
    An actual game to put my 40+ boxes of Pokemon without paying $20 a year. Aka a national dex would be ideal.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the true reason i'm giving my Switch to my brother in 2022.

Years
    - Finally use all type combos
    - No more one-off gimmicks. Stick with one beyond just one generation for once.
    - Make Exp. All and Affection optional.
    - Different difficulty modes to appeal to all kinds of players.
    - Don't add anymore Pokemon when we hit 1000 because that's just way too much already.
    - Expansive post game with as much content as the main storyline.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Aa freeroam game with the graphics of skyrim. Pokemon lets go had ONE nice thing being you could see the Pokemon walking around. Imagine you are in a forest sitting and resting with your squirtle you got from Professor Oak. His goofy grandson let you pick first, and then picked the starter bulbasaur and then challenged you to a battle and you lost. Your 10 years old because clearly 10 year old can take care of themselves. Your hungry as well as your Squirtle. Everything is confusing. You can see some Pidgeys and Spearows flying overhead. A few Rattatas moving along the ground. Mankeys are swinging from tree to tree. Nidorans of both genders are sitting in packs. You decide to try to catch one. Many of them move away. You try to sneak up with squirtle using water gun on a pidgey as it falls to the ground knocked out. (because why should it have energy left in the first place in order to catch it). You throw a pokeball and pick it up smiling at your first new pokemon.

You would need to buy food for your pokemon.

You would have to train your pokemons moves. Its a little easy if it just learns a new move once it reaches the right level. IT would take time to train your pokemons moves. TMs could be bought for your pokemon. In gen 3 it was literally a CD they put on a pokemons head and it learned a move. In this game the CD would go in your pokedex and it would explain ways to teach your pokemon moves. Teaching your mankey seismis toss wouldnt be so hard because its a fighting type learning a fighting type move. Teaching your mankey to grab its foe and swing it around would take time. Building up the muscles needed for a move. Learning to hurl bigger pokemon would also require more training. But teaching it to use ice punch would take more time. First your mankey has to learn to make it fist cold and deal with the ice cold on its bare hand. Eventaully it would be able to use the move effectively in battlee but it would still take longer to learn such a move. Moves like flamethrower with charmander would require building its lungs so it could exhale longer thus making the move last longer. Moves may takea month to learn. Its called training after all.

Evolving wouldnt basically a transformation at the right level. Once it got to the right level it would change overtime. Squirtle would start growing a new tail, and its ears would start changing over a few weeks. Wartortle would start losing its tails again, getting tougher shell and the odd ability to open comparments on its shell with cannons. Some pokemon evolve with a stone. Something you tie around its neck like a leash aand over the weeks it evolves. I would get rid of trading to evolve and simply use a moon stone or something. Pokemon like Machamp may have to stay out of battle for a while, while it grows its extra arms. Training its new arms would take time.

Maybe im just thinking to hard.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    -Optional Exp. Share and Affection, as they were in Gen 6 and 7.
    -No dumb gimmicks like giant Pokémon and more excuses to give Charizard, Meowth and Pikachu new forms.
    -Cut the Kanto pandering, there are mons from other gens that also exist and need some attention.
    -Decent challenge
    -A different kind of story with some more effort than the typical 10 years old kid singlehandedly destroying the entire villain organization and saving the region and becoming champion fantasy.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    I'd just ask one thing to the future games, to please reduce the amount of useless, mindless wild pokemon battles.
    Every time I'm in a game trying to put new team recruits up to speed I find myself either having a (very) hard time levelling up because the current selection of wild pokemon available can't be OHKO'ed, or getting bored levelling up because the amounts of exp. points earned are ridiculously low.

I don't know there should be better exp. yield a bit the same as it was done in gen V at least.

Or they should make all trainers available for re-battling.

Also, I feel as though rewarding traded pokémon with more privilege (more exp. points, more usefulness in breeding) grew stale. Just let them have the exact same characteristics as caught Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Back