• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

『 THE POTTERLOCKE CHALLENGE 』

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    please rate the houses that aided you well in your journey in a 1-4 order
    (one being the most helpful, and four being the lowest)
    Okay, here goes.

1) Ravenclaw
    You never know how important TMs are until you can't use them. Diggersby is not the best Pokemon but Return, Dig and Power-Up Punch helped Titan to survive the Triwizard Tournament and the Elite Four. Plus the only time I wanted to use Not Very Effective moves was trying to get a boost of Power-Up Punch.

2) Slytherin
    Might not have been this high without Caliban and his usefulness. The level restriction was a drag for the early gyms (and especially during the quick succession of gyms 3, 4 and 5) but became less important at the later ones. Items are also handy.

3) Hufflepuff
    Probably would have been higher in a different game but in XY the only HMs you need to complete the game are Surf, one dungeon of Strength and one use of Fly. And I love Surf but I missed Swords Dance. Hufflepuff also took the heaviest losses.

4) Gryffindor
    Playing as though it was on SET mode I found way too tricky on a Nuzlocke, though managing to switch out for something that resisted or was immune to an attack was satisfying. Only Amalthea and Ophelia got much in the way of use from this house.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Merlin
    Game: X

With all this extra free time I have, I might as well do something productive!

EDIT:

And here's what I have so far:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Username: Xander729

Please discard my emerald challenge on this, I was having a lot of problems with the emulator and therefore couldn't access my game, however I would really like to do this challenge so I would like to play it on my X game instead.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Pokemon X Potterlocke

Dursley Era

Team:

Froakie (Harry) Lv. 9
    Pidgey (Ron) Lv. 8
    Pansage (Albus) Lv. 7
    Azurill (Hermione) Lv. 7
    Riolu (Hagrid) Lv. 6

R.I.P.

None

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Pokemon X Potterlocke

Philosipher's Stone

My Team:

Froakie Lv. 14
    Azurill Lv. 10
    Pansage Lv. 9

R.I.P.

Pidgey Lv. 9
    Riolu Lv. 6

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • your posts are fine :) dont worry~
    Well in that case... Welcome back to my Randomizer Potterlocke! Without further ado, let's get started!

Current Era - The Chamber of Secrets

Nacrene Gym
    Spoiler:

Pinwheel Forest
    Spoiler:

Route 4
    Spoiler:

Castelia City
    Spoiler:

Castelia Gym
    Spoiler:

After all that, Lawrence calls me on the X-Transiever and wants to battle, but I shut my laptop off before that could happen.

Current Team ;-;
    Spoiler:

Graveyard...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Etherion

Please discard my emerald challenge on this, I was having a lot of problems with the emulator and therefore couldn't access my game, however I would really like to do this challenge so I would like to play it on my X game instead.

Alright ^_^ goodluck on your new challenge!

Years
  • Username: Count

Here we go!

Dursley Era
    Spoiler:

Philosopher's Stone
    Spoiler:

And that brings us to Lumiose City, our current location. Current team:

Ravenclaw
    653.png
    016.png

Vives, the Fennekin. Lv. 14 | Quirky and somewhat vain, with the Blaze ability.
    Novalis, the Pidgey. Lv. 15 | Mild and likes to trash about, with the Keen Eye ability.

Hufflepuff 』
    661.png

Egypt, the Fletchling. Lv 14 | Bashful and a bit vain, with the Big Pecks ability.

Years
  • awesome :) I'll add you in~ goodluck!

Thank you!

--

Right now standing before Parfum Palace, which I'm really not in the mood for, so time for a break.

Philosopher's Stone, Part ll
    Spoiler:

Which brings us to Parfum Palace. Meh.

Ravenclaw
    654.png
    017.png

Vives, the Braixen. Lv. 19 | Quirky and somewhat vain, with the Blaze ability.
    Novalis, the Pidgeotto. Lv. 19 | Mild and likes to trash about, with the Keen Eye ability.

Hufflepuff 』
    662.png

Egypt, the Fletchinder. Lv 19 | Bashful and a bit vain, with the Big Pecks ability.

Slytherin
    084.png

Hyde, the Doduo. Lv. 15 | Serious and often lost in thought, with the ability Run Away.

Years
  • Alright y'all, this shit is too hard. I just lost the challenge, in the Cyllage gym. On the first try half my team got slaughtered and on the second try, after some grinding, the other half went down.

This is an interesting concept but if you ask me it is insanely hard if done as a nuzlocke. I was excited at first but I won't be trying it again.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Hey, Etherion! I'd like to take your challenge.

Username: Disclosed
    Game: Black 2 (Randomized)​

I've been itching to try a run with an extended rule set. Here's hoping I can keep up (and keep my wizards alive)!

Etherion

Hey, Etherion! I'd like to take your challenge.

Username: Disclosed
    Game: Black 2 (Randomized)​

I've been itching to try a run with an extended rule set. Here's hoping I can keep up (and keep my wizards alive)!

awesome! :D your added in! goodluck now~ :3

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    i BEAT THE GAME
    Just beat the first gym leader; things have been relatively easy on me so far. Originally the randomizer gave me Igglybuff, Caterpie and Duskull, meaning, no matter which one I picked, I wouldn't be able to hit my rival Ulysses' Pokemon, since Igglybuff doesn't get any attacking moves until I think Lv. 6 or 7, Caterpie wouldn't be able to Tackle Duskull and Duskull wouldn't be able to Astonish Igglybuff. Bleh. Next time though I was able to choose a girl Gastly starter in place of Oshawott that Ulysses' Wurmple couldn't hit. Sucked for him!

Nyx is a sassy lil' ghostie, so she'll be sorted into Ravenclaw. Nice that I can teach my starter TMs! Having a Ghost type who relies on Lick could have been annoying, and it some cases it was, but it as more useful than anything. There were Wynaut east of Aspertia so I could start training her from the get-go. My first catch was Yue the boy Skitty, put the sleep and captured without a fuss. You would never guess how angry I was when I saw his ability was Normalize, but thinking about it, it's not that much of a hindrance since I'm pretty sure Skitty doesn't learn any non-Normal moves regularly and, as a Lonely Slytherin, Yue won't be learning anything unnaturally. His Lonely nature means he hits hard at the expense of low defense but, again, he hits hard. He wrecked Ulysses and his worm for the second time. It took at most a minute.

Though, back on Route 19, I trained Nyx and Yue to Lv. 8 each before going through Flocessy and then out onto Route 20. Yue sent the Trainers packing easily. My Route 20 encounter was a very feisty Lillipup whose Vital Spirit made Nyx's Hypnosis obsolete. It was Lv. 2 and broke out of four Pokeballs until I panicked while holding down the turbo button and accidentally ran... from... the... battle. That's one potentially useful teammate down the drain. I love Lillipup...

I did catch someone fun at the Flocessy Ranch: a girl Cottonee named Winona. Our first Gryffindor! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to use her in-battle yet since she doesn't know any physical moves--"no magic yet"--and I didn't believe she ever would, at least at an efficient level. Yue and Nyx can handle themselves, though. Trainers went down with little hassle, especially with Nyx being untouchable to a lot of Pokemon. The Plasma Grunt also tossed her a TM for Body Slam so she appropriately took advantage of her Ravenclaw creativity to also be able to hit Normal types! And speaking of taking advantage, I used Flocessy to grind her up to Lv. 13 with Yue at Lv. 11. Even though he's objectively a better fighter, he's also a kiss-up to Cheren and I don't want him getting to Nyx's level at the risk of going over.

Back in Flocessy the town, Alder got us into a tangle with a Lv. 9 Rhyhorn. It was surprisingly anti-climatic. Yue got in a Fake Out and Horn Attack went right through Nyx. Lick could paralysis hax and Curse sapped its health rather quickly. After Yue beat a little girl's Gible's face in, Alder let us leave to bump into an old creep with medals who then let us go and bump into Alder again who gave us berries and let us go tackle the gym back in Aspertia.

The fun thing with my randomizer options is that you can predict what type the Gym Leader will use based on the Pokemon owned by the Gym Trainers. In this case, Cheren was no longer a Normal leader but a Dark one instead. Pedro and Serena had two south-of-the-border Sandile and Purrloin respectively. Yue had a swell time wiping the floor with them and, needless to say, we ripped through Cheren too. (I'll put his gym team below.) A lot of early-game Dark types, I realize, take a while to learn actual Dark type moves. Nyx exploited that to take out Cheren's Poochyena. I don't know why I bothered sending Yue out against Purrloin with continual Sand Attack spam and Fury Swipes; it was a waste of a Potion. Nyx ended up taking Cheren's lead out, though Yue did level up, so it wasn't all bad.

So that means we're officially out of the Dursley era. Nyx and Yue won't be able to help each other out anymore. Winona will also have to train her own, so hopefully that goes well. But I'm having fun so far! A little nervous with the house rule now established but my first hour or so in the game has boosted my confidence.

Here's the team so far:
    b000.gif
    gastly.gif
    skitty.gif
    cottonee.gif

And my rival and Cheren's teams are in here, because randomized Nuzlockes are fun.
    Spoiler:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • This seems popular. Time to reset Y again!

Username: ddrox13
    Game: Y

This is my first locke in a while, so this could go absolutely terribly. Aaaand since one or two rules were left ambiguous, let's define those now
    Starter: I can use the starter, it will be decided by a d20
    Gen 6 Shenanigans: EXP share will be allowed (except during the OotP Era), Pokemon Amie will not. Must be turned off if a Slytherin gets too close to the level cap.
    Kanto Starter: Is a giftmon. Get that out of here.
    In-Game Trades: Also giftmon.
    Dupes Adjustment: Since there are so many damn repeats in Kalos, I will be extending the Dupes clause to evolutions of each mon.

If user: Etherion finds these rules out of place, tell me before I start. Speaking of which...

1-6 Chespin, 7-12 Fennekin, 13-18 Froakie, 19/20 reroll
    Roll (1 - 20): 1

Chespin will be awful for the first gym, so let's hope fate gives me a Smogbird or something. Or a Stick-wielding Farfetch'd. That would be nice.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Seeing this is your first nuzlocke, I guess I'll agree to your terms. Goodluck

I said first in a while. I'm fine with not using the exp share if it would make you happy :)

EDIT: Update time!

ddrox's Y Potterlocke (1/8)

Actions (Start - Gym 1):
    Spoiler:

Team:
    012.gif
    Agitha (Butterfree) LV12 | Female | Impish | Tackle / Poison Powder / Sleep Powder / Confusion
    666.png
    Shulk (Vivillon) LV13 | Male | Calm | Tackle / Infestation / Stun Spore / Struggle Bug
    650.png
    Link (Chespin) LV12 | Male | Serious | Tackle / Bite / Vine Whip / Rollout
    447.gif
    Luke (Riolu) LV8 | Male | Lax | Foresight / Quick Attack / Endure / Counter

Dead:
    399.png
    Whitney (Bidoof) LV4 | Female | Relaxed

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back