• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎃 Club N i g h t m a r e 🎃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    This isn't related to Halloween-themed songs, but I just had to get this out. Speaking of Annabelle, there was once this super large advertisement poster of the movie located right in front of the stairwell's entrance to the floor of my university's library. It was creepy as ****. Like, literally. Every time I had to go to the library using the stairs, the first thing I would see was that accursed poster. Imagine having to have that thing staring at you everyday at uni... I'm sure everyone else shared my thoughts. Wasn't I glad they had it taken down and replaced with something else a few days later. ¬_¬

About Halloween-themed songs, I 100% agree that MJ's Thriller is classic. Can't get enough of that. I also remember being quite freaked out by the music video when I was younger at the part where MJ transformed into a werewolf haha.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    This isn't related to Halloween-themed songs, but I just had to get this out. Speaking of Annabelle, there was once this super large advertisement poster of the movie located right in front of the stairwell's entrance to the floor of my university's library. It was creepy as ****. Like, literally. Every time I had to go to the library using the stairs, the first thing I would see was that accursed poster. Imagine having to have that thing staring at you everyday at uni... I'm sure everyone else shared my thoughts. Wasn't I glad they had it taken down and replaced with something else a few days later. ¬_¬

For reals?! Poor thing... As much as Annabelle excites me, watching a poster every time I go to the same place and seeing Annabelle right there is pretty spooky. It could be worst; the poster could have been in your bedroom. Hopefully no one tries to scare you with that one...

Surprise! :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    For reals?! Poor thing... As much as Annabelle excites me, watching a poster every time I go to the same place and seeing Annabelle right there is pretty spooky. It could be worst; the poster could have been in your bedroom. Hopefully no one tries to scare you with that one...

Surprise! :)

Yeah. I've somehow learned to kinda ignore it after a while every time I pass by, but still, I can't imagine why in the life of me would my uni even agree to put that large poster at the most convenient of places where everyone could see it. I don't think it could even fit in my bedroom though. It was really large - about the height of a typical door. If it was, I don't think I could ever enter my room again lol. >< Also, the image on that poster's even creepier than that image you posted ahha.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    There's no way I'd be able to ignore a poster that creepy! It gives me the heebeejeebies just thinking about it.

Side note, I got my name changed woo!! I can now end my PM's like this; VVI. Feels gooood no longer having "of Pallet Town" haunting my posts! :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^"giant poster of Annabelle" have mercy on those students at your uni, Amanda. xD

I'm waiting for Hocus Pocus to come on TV at a convenient time, that movie is pretty much the highlight of Halloween...at least in my childhood. <3

Was able to gather all the nominations for the music! I'll go ahead and start DJing, we'll start off with Matt's request, since it's fabulous! xD Here are the noms I compiled so far, will go ahead and start that set :D

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    DJ Denny Hamlin, only on PokeCommunity!

I have NO IDEA what Hocus Pocus is, is it a horror/scary movie? If so, I might have to add it to the list of movies I'm watching this Halloween! Just a quick question btw, would you be able to change my name in the Participants section of the original post? Veranithas of Pallet Town is so last season. xP

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Hocus Pocus? That rings a bell, but I'm not too sure. :/ Oh well, it's impressive how everyone is doing their own thing for Halloween, and it's barely the 4th of October. I didn't exactly get in the right foot this month because of the flu, but since I'm better, I'm going to watch the Possession! It's basically Annabelle in a box, but definitely less creepy than Annabelle, but nevertheless a horror movie.

BTW, I changed my avatar again. The other one was too plain for Halloween, and watching Charlie Brown earlier reminded me of the great pumpkin. So one thing lead to another and thus poor Emolga is bored sitting on top of sum pumpkins.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Haha, I think your avatar looks quite nice :) it's cute, and fits the Halloween theme perfectly!

By the way, I'm currently running a contest over in Arts & Design, and there's some pretty nifty prizes to be won. You guys should go and check it out! It's most certainly a Halloween contest. ^.^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Don't know what Hocus Pocus is? I'm a little worried.

Hocus Pocus is the most amazing movie made, and it's a tradition for us oldie peeps to watch it during the Halloween season. <3 Basically it's about three witch sisters who get resurrected by the main characters and start to wreck havoc on Halloween night.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I might have seen it once before, but don't exactly remember much things, unfortunately.

So, guys; is there any Halloween-related game that you're particularly fond of? For me, I have a few, but first and foremost would have to be Banjo-Kazooie. Basically, the game's main antagonist is a witch known as Gruntilda, whose goal, if I remember correctly, is to kidnap Banjo's small sister, and steal all of her youth with magic so that she could become beautiful. In turn, his sister would turn into a monster.

As Banjo, you set out to do missions and collect puzzle pieces with your friend, Kazooie, so that you would finally be able to get to the witch and rescue your sister. There are many ways in which you could fail, and if you do, Gruntilda would successfully accomplish her task, and the game would, unfortunately, be over.

Personally, I've gone through Banjo-Kazooie for approximately five to six times. Regardless of how much I do play, this game just never seems to turn boring or tiresome, really. The series has been put on ice for some time, though, but I'm hoping that they break it some day and perhaps give it a reboot, if possible. I've heard they'd released a Banjo-Kazooie game for PS3 few years back, but I never got to play it, as I don't have the console. Plus, its reviews also weren't too great, which caused me to not look into it. If they bring it back to Nintendo with all of their original style of gameplay, graphics, mechanics, and so forth, it would surely be wonderful!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    This actually looks like fun. :O

Anyway, I'm either going to wear my Loki hoodie or go as Rainbow Dash this year. I haven't really decided on what I want to do. Both of them seem like awesome things to do when passing out candy.

Omg! I love that movie. <3 Another favorite of mine is The Nightmare Before Christmas. :3 That has to be one of the greatest movies ever made. XD

I don't really know any halloween-related games. Does Kingdom Hearts count? It does have a halloween theme when you go to Halloweentown in the games. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Added those who just came in the club to paaaaarty~

Played Silent Hill for PlayStation a looong time ago. One of the most amazing games that didn't freak me out, but rather game me a sense of adrenaline when playing. Now I want to buy that game again.

Also on a funny note. I'm in my 2nd class right now and my professor tuned in to a Halloween station on Pandora. Billie Jean by MJ is played. Not sure if mistake or idk. xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I'm not sure if anyone in my college aside from the professors will dress up, haha. Hmmm, I have a glorious Cat in the Hat costume that maybe I can use.. o:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My workplace is already decked out for Halloween, especially the Front-End crew. idk if we're allowed to dress up though, and idk if I'm working on Halloween either. xD (it's on a friday and I'm off Fridays, sooo doubt it lol).

I never dress out for Halloween at my uni.

I got a topic in regards to costumes! What was your favorite costume as a kid?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to have a lot of costumes when I was a kid (about nine or so, if I remember correctly).

Of all costumes that I did have, my most favorite would likely have to be a vampire one, which was completely black with red cape. It also came with a set of fangs as well as black lipstick, which definitely added to its touch. Loved going trick-or-treating by putting them all on! Though, last time I'd actually worn it would be about eight years ago or so. Still have it in my basement.

Aside from above, I was also pretty fond of the Cinderella outfit that my dad had gotten. Was very attached to its coloring! I've worn for only one Halloween, though, so afterward, it was still completely new, and I decided to keep it somewhere safe so that I could give it to my sister when she gets bigger. (She's big enough now, but haven't exactly tried it on yet, unfortunately, as my parents constantly get her new costumes every Halloween.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was a huge Disney Princess fan when I was a kid. I was Snow White for two years straight, then I was Cinderella, and then Pocahontas. Then I got older and moved on to much...awesomer costumes. I was the Green M&M, then a bunny, then a tiger. When I got to high school I wore the same "sexy-ish" bat costume for four years straight, because I really loved that costume I didn't want to go for something new (plus I couldn't really afford a brand new one at the time).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back