• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1 + 1 = potato

Sirfetch’d

I actually was very good at math but I despised it so much. Luckily I had a really good teacher to make things a little less awful but it still was no fun :( Geometry was kinda interesting I guess?

Years
  • I was really good at it, but was also really irresponsible, so that didn't do me much good.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I made it to Advanced Algebra with Trigonometry, but I didn't do too well there. My teacher was awful, and I basically just gave up. I still passed the class, but whatever positive feelings towards math I had were crushed. I could be good at it, if I gave math my best shot, but I don't like it enough to try.

Statistics is fun, though. I had a great teacher for that, and I'll always like statistics because of him.

srinator

Math is probably the only subject I do well because you don't really need to put in effort studying it, i like to think I am pretty good in it given how I got a perfect score in my 12th finals and have consistently got the highest rank in college the past few sems.
    My favourite would be calculus.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    My little brother has always been great with numbers, but I am not and don't have the patience to learn. I also hated the way it was taught in school because I want to know well how does that equation actually work? and nobody ever bothered explaining that.

I'm so happy that none of my professional fields require math.

~Psychic

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Math has never been my strongest subject. I'm fine with the simpler stuff, but when things start getting more complex, the numbers, and oftentimes letters, start to dance before my eyes. I'm glad that I don't have to do any more of that stuff now apart from stats.

Lucid

I'm hillariously bad at math. Pretty sure I've forgotten how to do long division too.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I was a high school genius in math, but then when college came around, I then became an idiot. srsly 2.75 in Algebra, and 2.5 in Trigo lmao

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I would say that I was decent when it came to math. I understood it pretty fast, made notes about it (Sometimes didn't need the notes), and was chosen in my math class to participate in a Literary Rally in the district I lived in 3 times in a row while I was in high school and got 2nd place during one of the times I went. Nowadays, I would say that I'm not that good at math. I forgot pretty much everything that I was taught to me, and when I took college algebra during my previous college semester, I did pretty bad, I still passed, but it was still bad if you ask me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was pretty good at math, I guess I liked it too, I ended up memorizing like 2000 digits of pi

The day I started sucking at math was prob the BC Calc exam, my brain just died during that test and hasn't recovered in college as far as I can tell

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm pretty good at math, it was one of my favorite subjects in high school, but nowadays calculus looks pretty boring compared to most of my chemistry subject. I do like linear algebra though.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I have always been good at math, but not amazing. I have always like the subject and stuff, but my freshman year killed math for me. I took accelerated Algebra 2 with trig and the class was horrible. First, my teacher couldn't teach and was super over-emotional. She literally cried whenever something didnt work and complained all class. Second, the class the loud and rude and prevented learning. Last, the teacher was out for 2 weeks and this horrible sub taught us. My math teacher finally came back and said if I get a good grade on the next test that the sub taught us, I can stay. If i dont, then I move down to regular.

Of course I had to move down to regular. The class in the regular class was even worse. they were just some crappy people in there that purposely made it so we couldn't learn. The teacher didnt do anything about it and had to help everyone else, so I pretty much had to self-teach myself all of Alg 2 with little help.

So, now I have to take college algebra instead of moving on to pre-calc because I had a horrible 4th quarter and final exam. Math is pretty much ruined for me.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Me no gusta. I can do the four fundamentals, but when it came to adding letters and symbols into equations doing Maths at school, that's when I lost all interest.

So yeah, i'm not bad at Maths but i'm not great at it either. I strongly dislike it.

Years
  • Maths was my weakest subject at school, no wonder I always tend to struggle when it comes to complicated addition/subtraction, and division and multiplication is just as worse.

Detox

I am completely garbage at math. I would rather be forced to write papers all day long than do any variety of math.

Back