• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2014 Academy Awards

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I just think we should all take a moment and thank Benedict Cumberbatch, aka Sherlock Holmes, for being so bloody awesome.

Spoiler:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    AHAHAHA Benedict Cumberbatch is a wonderful person. >___> <3

edit:

Plot Twist: Jared Leto wins best actress.

Last edited:
    Years
    I was happy for The Great Gatsby's wins in Best Production Design and Best Costume Design given there was an Australian nominated in those two categories (Catherine Martin of course) and those two wins makes her the most successful Australian winner at the Oscars in the event's history, the two wins here takes her overall career Oscar wins count to four.

Frozen winning Best Animated Film was just too obvious. No real competition in that category at all because the winner there every year is just way too predictable.

And of course it seems like Gravity is looking to be the big sweeper in this year's ceremony given it's taken out like, four categories by the time I wrote this. Many are predicting it winning the top category (Best Picture) but I have a feeling something else will snub it there.

Seriously, I keep thinking the Oscars are always rigged.

Oh and this just in: Cate Blanchett wins Best Actress for Blue Jasmine. May the Aussies be celebrating!

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm very happy that 12 Years a Slave won over Gravity. Don't get me wrong, Gravity is a great movie, very artfully crafted, takes a notion of what we thought was possible in special effects and smashes that notion - but 12 Years a Slave had a more important purpose, and told a story that people needed to hear.

I'm also raging that Leo didn't win an Oscar. UGH

Years
    I just think we should all take a moment and thank Benedict Cumberbatch, aka Sherlock Holmes, for being so bloody awesome.

Spoiler:

Saw those pictures this morning when I woke up and was checking Facebook XD Only watched him portray Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock, but he's brilliant and that British accent~

I'm also raging that Leo didn't win an Oscar. UGH

Majority of the movies he's participated in are brilliant so it's unfortunate that he always somehow gets nudged out by another \: He's one of my favourite actors; I'd really like him to win one as well!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The only movies I really saw that were in any of the categories were Gravity, The Wind Rises, and Frozen, so I don't think I could really judge anything. ;;

The only thing I was mad about was that Frozen won Best Animated since I think I'm the only person who didn't like the movie, even though it was kind of a given due to its popularity.

I think that there was definitely something up with the voting this year - I can't find the link right now, but there was an article that had all the Academy's votes for the Animated category and only like, 4 people voted and the rest abstained because they didn't like animated films or something. I'll try and find it ;;

Back