• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2016 US Presidential Elections Thread [Trump Wins]

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • You'd be surprised how many people vote for Trump here. Hell, I even see people wearing the clothes, which I can't say for Hillary minus a bumper sticker.

Oh, I'm not surprised, I'm expecting Trump to get 4.2 million votes in Florida. The question was whether Clinton would turn out enough nonwhites to have a decent chance to hit at least 4.3 million or whether Trump would find a hidden stash of white voters to add to his expected results. The answer so far seems to be yes to the former and no to the later.

Incidentally, Trump may talk about the "silent majority" but his supporters, unlike Clinton's, are anything but silent. And we have yet to see whether they are a majority at all.

Last edited:

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • Oh, I'm not surprised, I'm expecting Trump to get 4.2 million votes in Florida. The question was whether Clinton would turn out enough nonwhites to have a decent chance to hit at least 4.3 million or whether Trump would find a hidden stash of white voters to add to his expected results. The answer so far seems to be yes to the former and no to the later.

Incidentally, Trump may talk about the "silent majority" but his supporters, unlike Clinton's, are anything but silent. And we have yet to see whether they are a majority at all.

Well, we shall see. I expect Trump to win Flrida, but I'm doing no stats, whatsoever.

However, you should realize that plenty of whites and blacks like him quite a bit.

I have this feeling that the less intelligent people vote for Trump, or that's what I gather from this thread anyway. And the less intelligent people are the majority, so you can figure what I'm saying here.

Of course, it's really hard for me to attribute intelligence to people who vehemently vote for one or the other.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    However, you should realize that plenty of whites and blacks like him quite a bit.

His biggest, and main, voter demographic is overwhelmingly white males (I'd say white people in general because that's usually how it falls but in particular Trump's alienation of women voters split the white vote to him by gender in a noticeable way) and he's doing fairly abysmally with any minority, something like 9% of African Americans support him? Sure that's a lot of people, based on population, but it's not at all anywhere near a big chunk of African american voters as a whole

I have this feeling that the less intelligent people vote for Trump, or that's what I gather from this thread anyway. And the less intelligent people are the majority, so you can figure what I'm saying here.

Are they? I don't actually know the statistics but "white guy who wasn't college educated" is his big demographic, and he does poll higher with people who aren't college educated to those who are. A big thing of that is his focus on rural areas and outlandish promises to bring the manual labour jobs back out there. They've suffered hard in rural states from losing them, and promises from a guy who can somehow bill himself as "a man of the people" (Despite being a rich demagogue born into old money) that he'll get them back and is the only one who can save them makes him really appealing.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • To your first point, I'm just letting you know what I see from the "battlefield" that is actual voters and such. Or at least the loud/showy ones.

As for your secnd point, reread what I said, because i agree with all of what you said, and that was my point, Trump is appealing to less intelligent and working clad people, even if he is rich. He promises to Make America Great Again for the general populace, and that better then what Hillary has got, if anything.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    To your first point, I'm just letting you know what I see from the "battlefield" that is actual voters and such. Or at least the loud/showy ones.

I don't think that really reflects much as the consistent polling, but that makes sense

As for your secnd point, reread what I said, because i agree with all of what you said, and that was my point, Trump is appealing to less intelligent and working clad people, even if he is rich. He promises to Make America Great Again for the general populace, and that better then what Hillary has got, if anything.

Not really, Trump is appealing because he's just telling people impossible things they want to hear. "I'll make america great again and get your jobs back" sounds good but is completely free of any substance or policy to actually do so.

Clinton has legitimately good plans for the country that she's outlined in detail and have been researched- they're simply not as marketable as the slogans and phrases Trump throws around, though. The problem is heavily based around the accessibility and long term effects/foresight of clinton's policies being difficult to distill into phrases or dumb down enough to just throw out the expected results without context, while saying you're doing something and expecting to work it out later is a lot easier and more readily heard by a trusting public/voter base

So really it's not that Clinton doesn't offer much as much as what she's offering isn't as publicised and easy to speak about while Trump offers what you want him to and doesn't have to bother explaining how he'll do it- he just will because he's "the only one who can"

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Clinton has massive leads among younger generations (X/Millennials), non-whites and women. And a) more democrats are voting in Florida than republicans -like 20k, it's razor-thin but an advantage- and b) the independents who will have to break the tie are dispropportionately more female/nonwhite/younger than the general population. So I think Florida looks pretty well for Clinton even if it'll be close.

Meanwhile the ABC-WaPo tracker has had a 6-point swing for Clinton since Tuesday. I think the EMAILS!!! are starting to lose relevance...

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    That isn't surprise, those generations are so young and naive that they easily swallow without thinking what the mainstream media says. Brexit proved that very well, younger generations who had swallowed the pro-EU propaganda voted mainly for staying in the EU.

I think you've got it twisted around a bit there, you see, the candidate who's entire campaign is built on lies, misinformation and flip-flopping on issues on the campaign trail who's whole "thing" is lying to people on the spot is the one unpopular with the younger generation, not the other way around?

"Mainstream media propaganda" is just lol and shows you both haven't been following the election and are just yourself buying into the objectively false propaganda presented to you. You've naively swallowed without thinking- the exact thing you're accusing others of- which is more than a little ironic.

I mean, it's fairly well known that the leave campaign in brexit was pumped up on lies for the majority of the time, and most of them were dumped with their main paddlers trying to escape from them as soon as the result went through?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I've grown so sick of this election, I just want it over with already. Both candidates are bad, and it's not easy for one to choose between "bad" and "worse"

I mean, you have Donald Trump, who's a successful, yet controversial businessman who wants to build a wall on the southern border, potentially ban Muslims from entering the US, and has been accused of being sexist. On the other hand, you have Hillary Clinton, who has been involved in countless scandals, performed actions that have gotten people killed (most notably Benghazi), and supports totalitarian regimes that violate human rights all while being under investigation by the FBI. When both candidates are extremely controversial and dangerous, it's hard to tell who is worse, especially when I can't believe either is really qualified to be the president.

Personally, I just want this election over with. I mean really, several sites have projected that Hillary has a 91% chance of winning for several months, which just seems really unreasonable and unrealistic for her to have THAT high of a chance of winning, especially given that these sites tend to be extremely biased and overly liberal. Tumblr SJWs are even worse, they only want Clinton simply because she's female, they don't even care about any of the things she's done, pretend the email scandal never happened, and continuously demonize Trump while worshiping Clinton like a god.

I mean, this election has become so ridiculous that it's hard to tell what's real and what's not, who's really the more popular candidate and who's really ahead in the polls. Major and mainstream news sources claim that Hillary will win, while minor news sources and alternative media claim that it will be Trump who wins. The truth is almost impossible to pinpoint. Trump may say some stupid things, but Hillary's actions have been extremely horrific, and everyone knows that actions speak louder than words.

Let's be honest here, people are over-exaggerating almost everything about both candidates, especially Trump, to the point where they act like he's some kind of ultimate evil. I've actually heard people say that if he wins, the movie "The Purge" is going to become a reality, but let's be realistic here, even if he does win, I highly doubt that The Purge is going to be a reality (or the Hunger Games for that matter, I've seen people bring that up as well).

I mean, people are just so nonsensical, like how Hillary claimed that Pepe, an innocent internet meme was a symbol of white supremacy even though Pepe was only depicted as Trump as a joke and not seriously. The problem is just that people will believe anything the media tells them and is so biased it's painful.

Years
  • IT'S ALMOST OVER!!

Please, please, please no recounts.

Also I'm going to be more passed off if these 2 Washington state electors mess theElectoral College votes up. https://www.vox.com/2016/11/6/13540504/electors-electoral-college-washington?0p19G=c

Like there is a protest vote but seriously don't blow up the country with it.

Ugh. I hate guys like this. There's a pro-Bernie Facebook group some friends of mine were in during the primaries that's still up and running, but all the sensible people have left and it's mostly now a bunch of aggressive anti-Clinton, pro-Stein asses who act like this. It's awful that this is the takeaway these people got from the election.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/politics-ideas/campaigns-elections/the-gops-latinos-apocalypse/

I recommend reading this article while looking at the EV data in Florida and Nevada.

Perhaps Trump had already doomed his campaign the moment he started it with his nutty wall.

Years
  • I've grown so sick of this election, I just want it over with already. Both candidates are bad, and it's not easy for one to choose between "bad" and "worse"

I mean, you have Donald Trump, who's a successful, yet controversial businessman who wants to build a wall on the southern border, potentially ban Muslims from entering the US, and has been accused of being sexist. On the other hand, you have Hillary Clinton, who has been involved in countless scandals, performed actions that have gotten people killed (most notably Benghazi), and supports totalitarian regimes that violate human rights all while being under investigation by the FBI. When both candidates are extremely controversial and dangerous, it's hard to tell who is worse, especially when I can't believe either is really qualified to be the president.

Personally, I just want this election over with. I mean really, several sites have projected that Hillary has a 91% chance of winning for several months, which just seems really unreasonable and unrealistic for her to have THAT high of a chance of winning, especially given that these sites tend to be extremely biased and overly liberal. Tumblr SJWs are even worse, they only want Clinton simply because she's female, they don't even care about any of the things she's done, pretend the email scandal never happened, and continuously demonize Trump while worshiping Clinton like a god.

I mean, this election has become so ridiculous that it's hard to tell what's real and what's not, who's really the more popular candidate and who's really ahead in the polls. Major and mainstream news sources claim that Hillary will win, while minor news sources and alternative media claim that it will be Trump who wins. The truth is almost impossible to pinpoint. Trump may say some stupid things, but Hillary's actions have been extremely horrific, and everyone knows that actions speak louder than words.

Let's be honest here, people are over-exaggerating almost everything about both candidates, especially Trump, to the point where they act like he's some kind of ultimate evil. I've actually heard people say that if he wins, the movie "The Purge" is going to become a reality, but let's be realistic here, even if he does win, I highly doubt that The Purge is going to be a reality (or the Hunger Games for that matter, I've seen people bring that up as well).

I mean, people are just so nonsensical, like how Hillary claimed that Pepe, an innocent internet meme was a symbol of white supremacy even though Pepe was only depicted as Trump as a joke and not seriously. The problem is just that people will believe anything the media tells them and is so biased it's painful.
    Much agreed. I too have the impression that people and media have been overly focused on making clear how much of a jerk Trump is and that he's nothing more than a bigoted racist and misogynist (which I'm not denying, don't get me wrong), however the bad things that Clinton has said and done have been largely kept silent about.

What especially gets me about the latter candidate is her continuous call for a no-fly zone over Syria, even though she herself acknowledged in 2013 that such a zone "would kill a lot of Syrians". On top of that, several former US-military members advise against her plan and even go as far as to say that imposing a no-fly zone in Syria could potentially lead to war with Russia. Now read that again. RUSSIA. The largest nuclear power on earth. It gets all the more alarming when you consider that Clinton was, among others, funded by an Ex-NRA lobbyist. Now, I really hope that I'm just reading too much into this, because honestly, a nuclear war between the US and Russia is the last thing this planet needs at the moment.

So yes, I can fully understand that many Americans are fed up with this election and the candidates, and I'm glad that I'm not in the position of having to vote for one of them. I'd probably vote for a third-party candidate or outright make a blank vote, because as you said, neither of the two is qualified to hold the most powerful office in the world.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Why do i keep seeing things that show that Trump actually has a chance of winning?

interesting how this has suddenly grown a lot closer

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Any idea when we'll hear the results? Obviously won't be today or tomorrow, but man I wanna know.....

User19sq

Results may actually come as early as tomorrow, if our new tech can handle the tallies.

I can't believe this is really happening! I never had a girl fall in love with me yet! I dun wanna die without someone to love emotionally nor physically! ; ^;

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Once again, Indiana doesn't go one day without being a national embarrassment. I'm so disappointed in my state's love for punishment.

Back