• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style

Despite being my least favourite Zelda game, I simply adore The Wind Waker's cell-shaded art style. How Nintendo hatched the idea to make what is essentially a cartoon version of The Legend of Zelda is beyond me, but it won this fanboy's love over quite well. Here's hoping Nintendo decides to use this style for a console Zelda game in the future.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Fell behind, whoops!

Day 20 - Favorite genre:

I'm a little ashamed to say it, but I think my favourite genre is puzzle games. :( They're pretty casual, yeah, but I can pour so many more hours into them than other games. I'm definitely a fan of action or RPG (or both!) games, but I find such a simple, great joy in playing a puzzler for hours. Bonus points if it combines plot with puzzles. (Laytooon. <3)

Day 21 - Game with the best story:

.....D:

I'm not sure if I can choose just one game for this. I'm tempted to go with the Kingdom Hearts series overall because I'm just so invested in it but the story is pretty ridiculous at this point so I don't think I could claim it was the best with a straight face. XD;

I think I'm going to go with Tales of the Abyss. The story was fairly RPG-cliche (you aren't really going to get anything else with a JRPG) but they weaved in each character's story really well, if you took the time to do their sidequests, and by the time you're done the game, you're so invested in all of it that the ending hits home harder than it would otherwise. :x The pacing was good for most of the game and the writing was phenomenal so even during the slower parts that no one cares about, there's always a character who'll draw you in and get you laughing or thinking (it is usually Jade).

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded.

I like the Kingdom Hearts series. I like it a lot. I usually can't even wait for the next entry to come out in English so I import all of them. I decided to import Pokemon Black instead of Re:Coded (they came out within a week of each other in Japan), however, and I haven't regretted it once. Now, part of what made this game disappointing might just be that I'd already seen the ending which is the only important part of the game. Everything else can be thrown away, but I watched the end of Coded back before we knew it would ever be remade off of its original platform (which was one specific Japanese mobile phone model). Factor in that it did not transfer BBS's battle system well to the DS, had SO MUCH PLATFORMING, and was generally just horrible and story-less? Yeaaah. I did not have a good time playing it. I like to pretend it doesn't exist and I don't see myself ever touching it again.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style:

Paper Mario. n_n It's very simple but so freaking cute. Also, Okami is absolutely gorgeous so it deserves a mention too.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you:
    Halo ODST was a complete disappointment for me. I'm not a fan of the Halo series, but I expected much more from the game. Game Informer made the game looks great, and I thought the multiplayer would be much better than Halo 3's. Sadly, there was only Co-Op and Fireteam, which was fun to play with a group of friends but overall, without a competitive multiplayer, the game just failed. I know there was a disc for solely Halo 3's multiplayer included with the disc, but I always imagined playing it with ODST style gameplay. Reach ended up resolving that issue though.

Okami has the best art style I have seen in any game. Sure the graphics aren't that notable, but all of the art in the game is superb.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Oops, I did Day 22 but missed some other recent days:

Day 20 - Favorite genre:
    I'm going to be very generic and say "adventure". Mario, Zelda, Metroid all fit here

Day 21 - Game with the best story:
    The Legend of Majora's Mask. Maybe not exactly story, it can be summed up pretty quickly. But the overall narrative and how the story unfolds. You really get connected to the inhabitants of that world.

For actual story though, the Mass Effect series.

Tough, very tough.

Paper Mario is freakin' adorable. Okami is absolutely gorgeous. ...let's go with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - it is both gorgeous and adorable at the same time.

Years
    Day 24 - Favorite classic game

Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC wins here. I know there are much older games and this might not be considered a 'classic' but it is in my eyes because I had it from a very early age and I still play it, every so often, now.​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    24- Classic game: Super Mario Bros. 3 hands down. It's one of the best videogames ever made, and the first one I played.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 24 - Favourite classic game

Define classic. Joking aside, mine would probably have to be Kid Icarus. In anticipation of Uprising, I played the original and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even now I was still able to recognize the originality within the game, and overall it was just really fun to play.

Cid

Years

Man this is hard to decide. I'm going with the one evoking the most memories and picking Ice Climbers. Those years of just playing as pink player two with my brother started all my following addiction in video games in general. It was fun to play simultaneously, which is why I liked it so much along with Balloon Fight. Might have been frustrating, possibly mindless, but it was still loads of fun. Besides, we only had a few games to choose from for our old NES.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Day 24

Are you guys all actually crazy? No classic 16 bit final fantasies?

Well, I'm going to have to go for Final Fantasy VI (or III, back in the day). This remains today as one of my favourite Final Fantasies and on top of that, one of my favourite games. The characters were simply so well built, the story was ingenius and the gameplay was, and still is, an excellent example of the phrase 'If it aint broke, don't fix it'. Seriously, Square Enix, sort your stuff out and learn from your previous works.

Years
    Day 23 - Best Art/Graphic Style:

Uh... I never really gave this much thought... too many games look very, very impressive in my eyes to choose any.

Day 24 - Favorite Classic Game:

This is a close one, but the edge goes to Sim City 2000. It was the first proper PC game I had ever played that wasn't geared toward preschoolers! Honorable mention goes to Civilization II!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

Chrono Trigger... even if I only played it for the first time a few years ago on DS. Shh!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 24

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) is by no means a great game, but it's the first one I remember really investing some time into. Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 2, and TMNT IV: Turtles in the Time are other games I loved as a kid.

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

What's funny is that I could quite literally list hundreds of games here. One of those games is Pikmin, which admittedly is one I'm looking forward to playing the most. I remember back in the day when local McDonalds restaurants had this game in their buildings, but of course I had no idea of how good the game was said to be at the time, mostly because I was so unfamiliar with the genre. Anyhow, I've heard nothing but great things about this unique strategy game, making me all the more excited to get my hands on a copy of it. Believe it or not, I've been searching for it for about three years now and have still had no luck. The wait is damn well killing me!

Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing

There are many. I have a couple that I am going to play, but first one that comes to mind is The Last Guardian.​

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Day 25

Borderlands 2 fo' sho'. The trailer pretty much sold it for me, and the original game was off the hook. I'll probably be hitting up a release day purchase, anyone wanna come co-op with me? :3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    25: Xenoblade, as soon as I get my Wii's lenses fixed for reading double-layer discs.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 25

A lot of games in my collection I've yet to even try once: Metal Gear Solid 2, Okami, Disgaea 1 & 2. I think I'll get around to playing them one day, lol. For now though, I plan on playing Lufia: The Legend Returns, which is some old GBC game, and maybe going back and replaying Gale of Darkess again (which I've had the urge to do lately.)

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 26 - Best voice acting

Tales of the Abyss wins this one by a landslide. The voices fit major and minor characters alike with an absolutely perfect manner. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, considering you're hearing voices for at least twenty hours of the game. There were but a few in the game that I didn't find at all fitting.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Day 19: Tharsis, Mars - Might be a dark world, but I'm a reveloution addict, so I would fit in just fine.

Day 20 - Favorite genre: FPS (First person shooter, if you didn't know) If it wasn't obvious i'm not addicted to this genre, I'm not doing a good enough job...

Day 21 - Game with the best story: Mass Effect: 2, Need I say more

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you: Crackdown 2, Two different mission types, stunningly old graphics, unoriginal weapons and enemies. It couldn't of ended well anyway they did it.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style: Battlefield 3 has the best graphics ever, but Red Faction: Guerrilla has the best physics.

Day 24 - Favorite classic game: Pokemon Red. I played it when i was like 4, that's all I really remember, I was 4.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Day 26 - Best voice acting: Battlefield 3: I've never heard a game with more realistic voice acting. It does it's job of immersing you in the game perfectly, from your teammates yelling orders at you in multiplayer to the interrogation of Sgt. Blackburn in the campaign.

Back