• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Day 25

Dark Souls, I played the first one and completely loved it but never had a change to pick up the 2nd one.

Day 26- I actually can't think of any that stand out to me.

Cid

Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing:

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for the Nintendo 3DS. I've been waiting for the English release ever since the title was announced, first trailer being made from PSP's BBS engine and all, and I really cannot contain my feelings anymore. I need this game! I've played practically every game of the series so there's no reason for me to pass on this one.

I'm also really excited to play Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. Especially after that brilliant trailer! I mean, it's a million times better than any other animation I've seen from the franchise. I can't wait to play these anticipated sequels when they get released in English.

Day 26 - Best voice acting:

I absolutely adore the Japanese voice acting of games like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, and it's a shame it doesn't feel as grand when it gets translated. I can say I liked the voice acting in some of the Metal Gear Solid games based on footage (and I've also played a little bit of the first one and enjoyed that), and also the Tales series! Sadly I don't pay attention to voices that much when I'm uninterested, tending to skip voiced scenes by the button.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing:

Ugh there are so many. Of the games I already own, soon on my list are probably Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy. For games that aren't out yet, let's go with Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. :3

Day 26 - Best voice acting:

Mmm... I might have to go with Kingdom Hearts II. Just pretend Aerith was a mute and I think I liked essentially every voice. n_n; Disney's really good at keeping their voice actors together and accurate and I really liked the voices of all the main characters back then. They've been changing who's who since then a lot and half the voice actors are just plain bad now so KH2 is the only one that really matches my definition of "best". :P

I'd say the Japanese games count a lot better for this but oh my god I hate Donald and Mickey's Japanese voices so nope. XD; (On the whole, I like everyone's JP voices better, though.) Also, honourable mention to both language casts of Tales of the Abyss.

Years
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever

I don't even know. There are so many epic scenes that I have seen I just can't even begin. But, to name some:

Shadow of the Colossus - With THAT scene. Not saying it to ruin it for people.
    Silent Hill 2 - Finding out what really happened.
    Tales of Symphonia - Lloyddddddddddddddddd!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    27: Epic scenes. I'll just quote a remarkable moment to avoid spoilers XD

Super Paper Mario: Greeeeeen!
    Zelda Skyward Sword: Am I late?
    Tales of the Abyss: Nice words for a replica. May those be your last!

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 28 - Favourite game developer

Damn, another tough one! I'm gonna go with Nintendo. Sure they're all over the place with their games thus leaving them in a state of inconsistency, but you have to bear in mind many of their games are the pinnacle of the corresponding genres and that they inspired many other great franchises, such as Mario with Sonic or Metroid with Halo. As one of the oldest and most influential game developers (and marketing businesses) around, Nintendo deserves all the spotlight cast upon them. Not to mention their balance in genres is impeccable — platformers like Mario, action-adventurers like Zelda, shooters like Metroid... Nintendo has it all! That is, balance and respect from die-hard and casual gamers alike.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Day 27

Battlefield 3, the beginning of the mission Going hunting (Looks best in 1080p) I don't need to explain it, it... just is good.

It almost feels like your really there (At least on my PC)

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever:

Mother 3's ending. It really concludes in a bang, and it made me cry. To a lesser extent, a few scenes from the first Kingdom Hearts, particularly the Hollow Bastion scenes. I loved how they implemented most of those in the Kingdom Hearts II opening for everyone to relish. The scenarios were just so awesome even though they were really simple. Compared to the more recent entries of the series, anyway.

Day 28 - Favorite game developer:

Nintendo wins. I've never played and enjoyed video game series as much as Nintendo's flagship titles. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokémon, Metroid, basically everything that's showcased in their well-known Super Smash Bros. titles. However simple or childish they may seem to the modern crowd, when it comes to impressive gameplay and just plain old fun, Nintendo just delivers. Most of the time.

Years
    Day 26 - Best Voice Acting:
    I'm going to pick something that will seem random and unmerited, The Sims and The Sims 2. They did have to manage to keep straight faces while recording the gibberish that composes Simlish!

Day 27 - Most Epic Scene:
    Not qualified to answer this, since I haven't really played through any epic scenes in any games. Though the Space Victory cutscene in Civ IV is pretty cool.

Day 28 - Favorite Game Developer:
    Maxis, hands down. Spore, Sim City, The Sims. A-list titles I've enjoyed. Honorable mention goes to Firaxis Games, the developers of the Civilization games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 27

Not really a scene, but I loved Earthbound's final battle. Seeing how much Gigyas changed from Mother, where he's some alien, to Mother 2 (Earthbound) where he's now some formless embodiment of evil, was pretty sweet. Then you have Paula's constant pleas toward humanity and the famous line: "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!" makes for an epic final battle and ending.

Day 28

Hm, I have a lot that I like, but not one sure-fire favorite. Konami is somewhere near the top for a lot of good franchises like Suikoden, Metal Gear, Silent Hill (1-4), Zone of the Enders and so on. Atlus is good one too, not just for development, but for localizing and publishing numerous JRPGs. Of course, I'll always have place in my heart for Capcom (despite their DLC practices), Nintendo, and Sega as well.

If we get Xillia localized, I may considering adding Namco-Bandai to the list. :laugh:

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

I definitely have to go with Metroid Prime here. After buying myself a Wii back in 2010, a friend of mine let me borrow some of his games and asked me if I wanted to borrow Metroid Prime (he had told me all about the game prior to this). I figured I might as well, because... well, the more the merrier, right?

I had played my first couple of Metroid games earlier that year and being that I've never been the biggest fan of first-person shooters, I was rather skeptical in playing Prime. Much to my surprise, the first time I played the game I actually enjoyed it. The next day I decided to play it again. I beat the game's first boss, and it was then and there that I got hooked and decided to play the entire game. I guess you could say Metroid Prime was the game that got me into first-person shooters, though I still don't play all that many today.

Years
    Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

Well... I am not sure really. None really spring to mind right away, which isn't very good. I guess it would be MAG. My friends recommended this, as it was when I had gotten bored of COD, and they said it was a lot better. In my opinion, it is.​

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever:

It's a tie between two scenes in ME3.

PC
    (Mass Effect 3)
    The first scene is when you destroy the mini-reaper by calling down a orbital bombardment, done by a entire fleet of ships.

The other is when you first visit Palaven, and you see the Reapers tearing the Taurian fleet a... well make that a lot of, new *******s.

This isn't really a scene, since it happens a lot, but I just love watching two big fleets in Sins of a Solar Empire duke it out. It's numerous times better if a Starbase (or two) are involved too... Hmm... Now that I think about it, I'd REALLY like to see a couple of starbases blow each other to hell.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    29: Ocarina of time. I swear. When I started playing it, I was all "ugh ugly and blocky graphics", "ugh English text only", "ugh controls are stiffer than Wind Waker". Took me several months to finally play it seriously, I have beaten it 7 simes ever since XD

Back